GT 5 Prologue this fall, Gran Turismo 5 spring 2008

When he asked whether it was just GT4 doing that I took his comment as a confirmation as GT4 going down to 30fps...and I only knew about GTHD doing that, so I added the two together and got both.

Sorry :( was just trying to say that GTHD does it. My bad.

No prob :)

Good :) DOn't know if this has been covered in the thread...but what do you all think will make it into GT5.

I expect that incar views will be in there, lots of online features....and damage. I think I'd have a justified belief for all three of them.

Your only rendering, your not calculating physics or AI or anything, you can use 100% at drawing nice cars, you allready know how the cars are going to move, where the camera is in relation to this in a 3d game wouldn't really matter (well, if your going to render all the cars at once from certain angles, it will be harder to render than just 1 car, but the camera moving alone doesn't matter.)

I disagree with this - if physics are being calculated or not, depends entirely on how the reply is saved to memory. If it's simply a list of the controller's input (which I think it is, seeing how small the replay save files are), physics are calculated during replay. I would think the replay is nothing more than the whole race again from a different angle and the difference being that the controllers input are fed to the engine via memory and not controller.

EDIT: whoops, phat already replied to this.

Perhaps someone knows the answer to this. What is the reason the road seems to flash right in front of the car when in first person view? I have noticed this in other games and am not sure the cause of it.

I know it's the sun reflecting off the road, but why does it flash; like a strobe effect and I don't think it is intentional. Load up a movie and watch it. For me it's pretty distracting and not something you see in real life. Perhaps it's a moire type effect from the textures being used, or maybe it's from the way the video was captured. I'm not sure and that's why I was asking, but I have seen the effect in some other original Xbox games (Apex) I have played.

I know it's the sun reflecting off the road, but why does it flash; like a strobe effect and I don't think it is intentional. Load up a movie and watch it. For me it's pretty distracting and not something you see in real life. Perhaps it's a moire type effect from the textures being used, or maybe it's from the way the video was captured. I'm not sure and that's why I was asking, but I have seen the effect in some other original Xbox games (Apex) I have played.

It's present in Gran Turismo 3 and 4 as well...

Wow, I'd forgotten I'd stopped playing this game because I had some RSI issues (as well as had trouble getting setup in the living room in front of the HDTV). Now that's mostly settled though, and it is time to get back to this game. I started playing this again yesterday, and was pleased to find that competition for the time trial podiums on the reverse track is still not very fierce. At least I could still earn myself a 5th, 6th and 10th place ... Will drive some more today, and then start working on some more detailed impressions ...

Edit: in the Integra I got 7th easily, and then I pushed on a little and found myself 2nd to my own surprise. Then when I saw I was only 0.1 from no.1, I of course had to push on to see if I could get first, which I could and did. :)

Edit: lol, that didn't last long. A Spaniard has overtaken me.

Competition on the reverse tracks really doesn't seem that intense. But the top times are probably reasonably fast already. More importantly though, the top times seem to be clean so far, unlike in some of the other region. ;) But that is the game's fault. I'm already happy that you can drive really fast lap times without having to cheat.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/grand-turismo-reportage-turbo-m6-video-37114.html

A report about GT and Polyphony digital by a french TV show. You can see briefly a cockpit view of a mercedes 300 SL for GT 5. Kazunori says that GT 5 will have a cockpit view.

Yeah. It was already suggested by one of the Ferrari teasers for Gran Turismo, and in this movie you can see a lady model the speedometer and how it works, quite impressive again the detail that goes into it. There's probably not going to be 729 cars in GT5 right away ... ;)

If you look carefuly, I think you also get an indication that looking around freely is going to be in there, like in PGR3 ...

Yeah. It was already suggested by one of the Ferrari teasers for Gran Turismo, and in this movie you can see a lady model the speedometer and how it works, quite impressive again the detail that goes into it. There's probably not going to be 729 cars in GT5 right away ... ;)

If you look carefuly, I think you also get an indication that looking around freely is going to be in there, like in PGR3 ...

Atlast cockpit view in GT!

How many years we have been waiting for this

Weren't 300 of those cars varients of Skylines and Lancer Evolutions :p

I don't know what you're talking about ... ? ;) (mind you there are probably more imprezas and rx-7s than Lancers, and not all the racing Skylines are even listed in here ;) )

Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '73
Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR '92
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR '99
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR Tommi Makinen Edition '00
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car '99