GT HD Premium = GT5 Prologue | GT HD Classic = GT:HD at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I'm starting to think it's supersampled.

The horizontal and vertical lines show the most significant jaggies, and doesn't rotated grid AA usually prevent this? Ie you'd expect ~45 degree angles to be the jaggiest. Especially at 2x.

The image also shows sharpening, which you would expect if it had been filtered down.

I'd post a zoomed in shot, but my ftp access is gone mental again.

Wow. More Promo Shots. Everything needs more work. The Subaru looks good but somethings missing. Whats up with the Brake Disc's? Nah... Not impressed...Not impressed at all.

Wow. More Promo Shots. Everything needs more work. The Subaru looks good but somethings missing. Whats up with the Brake Disc's? Nah... Not impressed...Not impressed at all.
So, what's up with the brake discs then?
It probably is the colour white why it doesn't look that exiting, and the sparse background.
IMO the car and lighting looks pretty good though, the lighting's a bit too subtle perhaps, but at least it's not "over done".

Considering how GT has loved to do all sorts of effects during the Replay modes (totally crazy, it was wasted on me too, but still impressive), I'm going to guess that PD will definitely experiment with post-processing the image in XDR using the Cell and have the RSX render from there.

Looks awsome! wish I could do lighting like that on my 3d models in max :')

Actually how many poly's do these models have? I was talking about this on a other forum and someone said that ut2007 has about 5-6million poly's for a character model. But thats like impossible to use ingame? hl2 source does about 8thousand a char max? that would mean x360 and ps3 are a couple of thousend times more powerfull than pc.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Ferrari, now Polyphony adds the new Nissans :)
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/748/748012p1.html

The new deal will see Sony and Nissan work together on the production and promotion of Gran Turismo HD. Nissan will provide car information for the game and will also engage in community activites with game players.

As the frist step in this partnership, the official Gran Turismo site is now host to a video of Nissan vehicles, from the GT-R Proto to the recently released Sky Line model. Check it out here.

short video here
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d453.html
sadly no in-game car models, just a visual of the new car

So GT is rendering 3.5x as many pixels as PGR3.

People without 1080p HD sets might not care. But those us who do, appreciate this.

PGR3 is not 1080p. Not even 720p by some accounts

So resolution determines which looks better?

If resolution is a general bottleneck to higher IQ then it is a bad tradeoff. I have a hard time giving "kudos" (pun intended) to devs who choose 720p over 480p, or 1080p over 720p, to get a "check box" at the expense of what is actually presented on screen.

So resolution determines which looks better?

Not always, but it definitely helps under certain conditions (if you have a 1080p panel for example, 1080p material will always look better than 720p material, everything else being equal). Between two version of the same game (content is the same), the one in higher resolution is most likely to look "better". So his RR7 example WAS accurate as he was comparing the same game at two different resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back