Playstation Move Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think as an option, perhaps also for online, they could try to remove those parameters altogether and let you fight with your own physical prowess (or lack of it) unfiltered, or add handicaps at best. Whatever they do, I think they should reskin this technology a few times over if they can for different audiences.

How about having that as mode for SP also? Call it "Keeping it REAL" or something, then the progress tracked will be yours and not some extra stat.

I got the game, but had no time to play with it yet.

I suggested elsewhere that they should perhaps do a kids version which has a children's boxing school and people wearing gloves and helmets, and with a huge tutorial teaching you the basics of boxing.

… or a well known character.

There is currently no dumbing down. If anything, it's even harder in the beginning because your fighter's stats are low so response is lower. This is the basic problem they have with balancing a career and AI fighters and the physical capabilities of a real person.

I think as an option, perhaps also for online, they could try to remove those parameters altogether and let you fight with your own physical prowess (or lack of it) unfiltered, or add handicaps at best. Whatever they do, I think they should reskin this technology a few times over if they can for different audiences.

Yes, that's what I meant by dumbing down the tracking. The response is slower for beginners. This is completely wrong. They should fix this. It's more important than the transparency patch.

Bought some SingStar Dance tracks yesterday to try.
The Achy Breaky Heart was pretty easy and fun, but a Take That track was impossibly difficult, too fast and with far too compex moves for me!
Also, some of the coreography that you're supposed to do with your arms in Final Countdown... I don't think a person's arms can even bend that way :oops: :LOL: (Obviously they can though, as the dancer on screen is a real person, not cgi).
Also tried It's Raining Men and Bananarama's Venus. You're supposed to do some pirouettes while it's raining men, and that got me disoriented so I missed plenty of moves before I got track of myself again, also in Venus I constantly forget where my hands are :)

I was playing in the mid difficulty level, but I suppose the moves stay the same regardless of difficulty, only scoring is more forgiving in easy.

Good fun though. Don't see this as a true dancing game like Dance Central, but a fun addition to SingStar none the less.
Maybe I just need a little more practise...

May be this should be in the SingStar thread. I have always envied the EU SingStar players. You have a lot more interesting songs than us. :(

Yeah, we can get a hang of the simpler dances now. Should perfect our style first before going to more difficult ones. ;-)

First pr0n for PS Move: :runaway:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/11/18/agarest_2_move/

Compile Heart celebrated today's Record of Agarest War 2 release by announcing the game's first patch. And boy is it a big one!

At an undisclosed date, the generational RPG will get a patch that adds a number of features, most notably Move support. The Move support adds motion controls to the game's bathhouse and massage mini games

The patch will also add an all new Move compatible mini game.

RUSE Getting Free DLC:
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/11/18/r-u-s-e-getting-free-dlc/

R.U.S.E. may not have sold as well as Ubisoft expected, but the PlayStation Move-enabled RTS game is still getting some new downloadable content which is set to release next month.

Publisher Ubisoft announced the ‘Manhattan Project Pack’, which will include three multiplayer maps as well as two additional multiplayer modes. The multiplayer modes include:

* ‘Nuclear war’ will enable you to produce nuclear Long Tom cannons, with mutual nuclear threat involved.

* In ‘Total War’, the battle starts in 1939 and History advances every ten minutes, unlocking new units and technologies.

The Manhattan Project Pack will be released sometime in December.

3484ww2.jpg

2lwnimf.jpg

Just burned 1166 calories in one night playing The Fight: Lights Out

on a 53 fights winning streak! my body is going to pay for this tomorrow!

I just got it tonight & I never stopped playing only losing the 2nd fight before I did some training for my fighter I haven't loss anymore fights since

way better than what the reviewers say it is & might be the best workout game that's ever been made

love the target practice training session it really feel like you're training for real

Heh, you bought it too ? I much prefer a Beat Sketcher competition against Arwin than boxing us out. ^_^

I can only touch this game after Thanksgiving. Am vacationing in Boston and general east coast area this week (Lobsters !).

way better than what the reviewers say it is & might be the best workout game that's ever been made

love the target practice training session it really feel like you're training for real

I know, right? So far, I encounter very few people outside reviewers and journalists who don't actually love this game, it's very odd.

And yeah, target practice is my favorite by a mile too. It's also a great showcase of the tracking, as it's just tracking you, and it's quite precise about hitting - you can miss by going to short, to deep, you can make totally wrong punches, hit the glove from the other side, etc. They should really use it as a showcase for the game and its excellent tech.

I'm trying to do at least this exercise almost every other day, get the 50 points, though I don't manage it always because my wife has the TV or my son is up, etc. They're both sleeping now, I should be at it. :D

By the way you must be an excellent boxer, the way you're breezing through the fights. I have a lot of trouble beating my opponents still.

@Patsu: as soon as it's out over here, you're on. ;)

They should up the novice stats for busy people. Let the user choose which mode they want to play. Motion gaming is more about instant gratification since the user is personally involved. Then get the reviewers to retry the game.

With Move now released, the games for it deserve their own threads rather than being all mashed together, in the same way controller games have their own threads instead of being thrown into a "dual-stick controller games" thread! :mrgreen: Thus the thread is closed to encourage releasing Move into the big, wide forum to run free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back