Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Clukos, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Globalisateur

Globalisateur Globby
    Veteran Regular Subscriber

Well, I have many problem on DS4. The acceleration assistance applied on the analog controls is the main problem for me. Particularly with motion controls, it's totally unintuitive. I just want to use my DS4 the way I use my real SW. It's simple enough.

Unknown Soldier likes this.
  2. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

I was winning a lot of daily races with the DS4 and beating a lot of the local players. Now I am just a bit quicker with the SW with a higher rating(or I was since I hadn't played in about 2 months). From my friends list, the only player above me with a quicker time in this weeks daily races is David Perel. My last daily race was at the beginning of the year.

If you don't know who David Perel is, he is a real GT3 Ferrari race driver. I am still about 1 secs behind(after my daily below) his time though but don't play as much as I used to due to work and other games like TLOU2, GoT and Fall Guy(grr).

https://www.youtube.com/user/davidperel

[​IMG]

Just did my first Daily in ages and won. :)

#962 Unknown Soldier, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    Pete likes this.
  3. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

David Perel is a pretty cool GTS buddy/benchmark to have.

I only managed a 2:30.774 with the TT. Really hard to control the wheelspin in first and second coming out of the last corner with my ham-handed DS4 throttle control (basically on/off unless I’m really paying attention). Also I’m bad at most of the other corners. ;)

4. JPT

JPT
    Veteran

Ok, its just that when I look at GT recordings, it does not look fast or on edge enough to be loosing grip/making those sounds. Also that it "feels" like you get the noise at 10 km/h also :)

5. Globalisateur

Globalisateur Globby
    Veteran Regular Subscriber

I agree with you. I was already thinking the same thing since GT5. There shouldn't be tyres noise where we are doing a slow corner, but there is.

6. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

As someone said, tire noise is the main way games have to communicate loss of traction for a controller or non-FFB wheel. You can’t feel the car start to slide, so I guess they have to use sound.

Also, having watched Unknown’s vid, I’m most jealous of his brake control in the last corner complex: no wasted forward momentum.

7. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

The secret is braking in a straight line. ;) When you think you have grip then turn.

8. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

The squeaking noise is pretty realistic. I drive on the Nurburgring and you really don’t need much, especially with normal tires in a very low powered car (I have a video somewhere proving it but the crash video above is obvious enough). And yeah it does mean that you’ve exceeded the grip range of your car. Though on the other hand some cars have such a great handling and weight distribution and grip, it is almost impossible to make them lose grip (I noticed this in a Porsche Boxter S for example).

There is room for improvement though when tire grip, temperature damage and surface interaction are modeled more accurately you should also see a little more variation in the sounds you hear from the tires.

snc, vspectra and BRiT like this.
  9. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

I am jealous already. :) I want to plan a holiday there one day soon.

10. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

On the track? Might be a bit dangerous :mrgreen:

11. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

YOLO :D

12. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Depends who's driving! Top Gear, before it was shite, did some great Nürburgring challenges like how fast can you drive a Transit van around it. Enter Sabine Schmitz beating most boy racers on the track that day! :mrgreen:

London Geezer likes this.
  13. vspectra

Newcomer

Yeah, here's an example of a slow track but you can still hear the tire squeals clearly on almost every corner. Also the driver works on the physics of Gran Turismo. :p

Pete, Arwin and Unknown Soldier like this.
  14. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

It’s the thinking part that gets me. ;) There seems to be a lot of time to be gained by trail braking, but maybe I should take it one step at a time. Anyway, I finally (barely) broke into the 2:29s. This was actually a pretty fun daily, even though I spent most of the time in the midfield.

iroboto and Unknown Soldier like this.
  15. snc

snc
    Regular Newcomer

I know who is David Perel (he now mostly play in ACC), there are many faster gt sport players on pad ;)

16. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

I know but he is still pretty quick and I can do times close to him.

snc likes this.
  17. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

SR 80 to 13 in five to ten (I lost count) daily race Bs. Autopolis is tough. Had a much better time in race C, even starting from SR 13 lobbies. A surprising number of sectors in Brands Hatch to bump your SR per lap.

The penalties are atrocious. Bump drafting is no longer an option. I guess they went nuclear to shock poeple into driving politely, but I don’t know if it’s worked judging from the “jostling” in Autopolis. Hard to enforce clean racing when penalties are excessive AND not always applied (had a guy bump me into the gravel, no penalty).

18. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Yeah, the penalty system is broken. They change it too much but it never seems consistant. I had a race a few months ago against these Germans and I was in the lead by a mile, went into the pits for a change and came out 3rd, chased the two just in front of me down very quickly but the bastard in second bumped me into the gravel at the last turn and got no penalty. Yet I lost so much time in the gravel and eventually ended 2nd. I was so peeved.

19. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Just for posterity. Race A, Tsukuba N300. Started SR92. Someone side-swiped me mid corner, I got a 1 sec pen. I rear ended someone on the last corner, 1 sec pen. Other than that, I think I touched someone and received another SR down in the race. Lost 28 SR. Nice.

Edit: Okay, on the outside of the penultimate corner (hairpin) because I braked too late, the guy behind me brakes even later and pushes me off (Gran Turismo SP style) and I get SR down.

#979 Pete, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  20. senis_kenis

Newcomer

What was the car and what tires in this video?