GT HD Premium = GT5 Prologue | GT HD Classic = GT:HD at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen evidence of GT5 having motion blur/DOF/ any form of tone mapping etc?

Just wondering aloud ;)
looking at the last pics I'd say that some sort of tone mapping is already in place (and well..they already had that on the PS2 :) )
They had DOF on PS2 as well..so it's likely that they will have on PS3.
Does someone remember GT3 intro on the PS2? was basicly rendered using the in game engine composited together to have motion blur..it was amazing!
If they can do that I'm sold :)

Marco

A version of Gran Turismo HD will still be released exclusively in download form through the PlayStation store. Titled Gran Turismo HD Concept, this free download will be available through the Japanese store on 12/24. A date for the US store debut has not been announced.

This will be just the first of multiple "Concept" downloads. While specifics on the content to be included in the downloads were not announced today, producer Kazunori Yamauchi did provide some hints at a message posted on the official Gran Turismo site. According to Yamauchi, the download available on Christmas Eve will give a first look at the high definition graphics provided by the PlayStation 3. The next Concept download will include Polyphony's next generation driving engine.

So GT:HD was canceled, and GT: Concept will be a free download now. Really interesting.

Link: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/748/748610p1.html

Acert93, Blown up on a on a 1080p screen, I'm not convinced that Toy Story image at would look better than something the xbox or ps3 could render natively at 1080p.

Excellent point, inefficient. I just looked out for a new LCD screen on Saturday and was a bit shocked at how bad 480p looked on a 720p display despite a good scaler. If we were still using CRTs, I'd probably be happy with 480p material with 7 times more pixelpower - given that there's a shift onto LCDs with fixed resolutions, I think I'd take HD material over 480p any day. If my display was 1080p, it would be 1080p over 720p any day as well.

inefficient said:
Acert93, Blown up on a on a 1080p screen, I'm not convinced that Toy Story image at would look better than something the xbox or ps3 could render natively at 1080p.
Excellent point, inefficient. I just looked out for a new LCD screen on Saturday and was a bit shocked at how bad 480p looked on a 720p display despite a good scaler. If we were still using CRTs, I'd probably be happy with 480p material with 7 times more pixelpower - given that there's a shift onto LCDs with fixed resolutions, I think I'd take HD material over 480p any day. If my display was 1080p, it would be 1080p over 720p any day as well.

Hmmm I have watched Toy Story 1 and 2 on very large SDTV in the past and it looks far beyond anything we will see on these consoles, even though it was nowhere the resolution of the next gen consoles.

As for scalers and games, this is not as much as an issue for the 360 as the PS3. But the TV I have watched a lot of movies on (best friends big screen) definately show much more image quality in stuff like CGI than anything I have seen on the consoles.

So we will have to agree to disagree.

Hmmm I have watched Toy Story 1 and 2 on very large SDTV in the past and it looks far beyond anything we will see on these consoles, even though it was nowhere the resolution of the next gen consoles.

As for scalers and games, this is not as much as an issue for the 360 as the PS3. But the TV I have watched a lot of movies on (best friends big screen) definately show much more image quality in stuff like CGI than anything I have seen on the consoles.

So we will have to agree to disagree.

I take it you have not seen Afrika.

Put those 2 beside each other and Toy Story 1 does not look any better than Afrika. Look at the dog in Toy Story and the Cheetah in Afrika.

Speng.

Apart from being off-topic, the whole toy story debate is kind of old and has been discussed with no outcome over a million times. Everybody has made up his mind / set his opinion in stone and is not gonna yield an inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back