Playstation Move Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
:p! My point is, those wanting Wii games in HD will find them on Move. There's quite an influx of ports, which in some ways is a good thing as it's adding variety to the library and showing support for Move. And we know from other titles that move isn't limited to Wii ports but is also getting tailored games. So basically, PS3 can almost offer the same appeal to Wii buyers, except it lacks Nintendo's library which is probably the main reason for ownership.

Maybe it's high time for Sony to unleash "Dario and Gudeeji" - the Indian carpenters who fall through a crack in their woodwork bench and magically end up in the bacterial kingdom ;)

I'd buy it :D

I'm on the fence with The Fight too. How polished is the title? it looks like it can used another 3 months worth of fine tuning. I just don't dig the setting, prefer something like Punch Out or Ready to Rumble style with the Fight control and gameplay.

After playing with Move, it's hard to go back to playing with Dual Shock again. I was going to play Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma but after Gladiator, it just felt lame just pressing buttons. So I'll probably end up picking up the Fight, my other choices are either Time Crisis or The Shoot. None really appeal to me but I don't have many choices at the moment. Sony really need to get the move on and develop a full blown title for Move.

If you have the internet, it is polished enough. ;) You could wait until they release the transparancy patch of course and see how people respond to that. The style doesn't bother me at all. It's all about the actual boxing. It is basically a boxing simulator more than anything though. If that is what you are interested in, then this is a good game to get. It's hard though, and has very little handholding. For me it is worth it just for the target practice mode alone!

How much space does Lights Out need realistically ?

Hurray for Auditorium. Looks like something I'll be interested in. Also, where is Q-Game's music player ?

EDIT:
Also this week, the SingStore is getting the Dance update along with and the first 12 SingStore downloadable track dance add-ons, turning your Singstar into SingStar Dance and Guitar, basically. I hope this means the 'Extra' for Guitar hero is on there as well. Cool!

Argh ! Should have waited for this add-on. I ended up buying an entirely new SingStar game with 2 mics.

Glad to see that the dance moves can be tagged onto existing songs. In fact, I want more dance moves for the same songs, and loose the Move controller ! :p
[size=-2]You don't need it for enjoyment. Do the anonymity filter ![/size]

How much space does Lights Out need realistically ?

You need to stand at about between 5-6 feet / 1.60-1.80m (or further away of course).

Argh ! Should have waited for this add-on. I ended up buying an entirely new SingStar game with 2 mics.

I don't know what price the songs go for in the U.S. but I assume $1.49, and then $0.49 for the Dance add, would make the 30 dance tracks on the disc worth $60 ... . It's certainly why I didn't regret getting the disc. What did you pay for the +Microphones set? The wired microphones can't cost much these days.

Incidentally if people are interested in the wireless ones, I can probably ship them out from here. :LOL: Stupid SCEA.

Glad to see that the dance moves can be tagged onto existing songs. In fact, I want more dance moves for the same songs, and loose the Move controller ! :p
[size=-2]You don't need it for enjoyment. Do the anonymity filter ![/size]

It's not a bad idea for the SingStar team to have multiple song routines added to the same song. I think they could do it and probably should, do some easy and hard songs, or at least start adding a rating.

Finally some Lights Out user capture:

According to GAF (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24393131&postcount=148), the game starts off with a dumbed down gameplay mechanics first. :( :( (EyePeeeetttttt !)

The biggest misconception about this game is that when you start your fighter is out of shape with low stats so he won't punch as fast and as accurately as you actually do. After leveling up though it becomes about real fighting technique.

People will get the wrong impression about motion gaming ! I hate to see developers and Sony managers hurting themselves. Novice players don't need bad tracking. They need more lenient scoring, and less complex scenarios.

I hope they patch the game to bypass the dumbed down levels from the onset.

Sports Champions' Bronze/entry level is rather well tested, but it also allows the user to start at any level if they pay $2. Follow SC's model, but do away with the $2 fees. :p

I'm dying to get rid of my wired mics. I'd really like to replace them with some wireless mic's, I suppose I should look around ebay, lol. Does anyone have any experience with the wireless ones?

I'm dying to get rid of my wired mics. I'd really like to replace them with some wireless mic's, I suppose I should look around ebay, lol. Does anyone have any experience with the wireless ones?

I don't know if it's an issue with Singstar with the wireless microphones, but I heard some people got microphone-feedback in Rockband (I think), since the PSEye camera also picked up the sound when using wireless Singstar mic's.
It confused the singer a bit since he sang in 'stereo', until he figured out that he could turn off the camera sound-pickup. :-/.

Interview with Auditorium developers:
http://www.psnstores.com/2010/11/developer-interview-auditorium/

PSNStores: Can you give people a information on Auditorium if this is their first time hearing about it?

Alvin Muolic: Auditorium is a puzzle game where you transform light into sound. In each level, you manipulate and guide a stream of light particles (called The Flow) into “audio containers.” Doing this successfully unleashes the music!

Players start off with simple, single-instrument melodies, which gradually build into an orchestrated symphony as you progress through each challenge.

Auditorium is not only about play, it’s also about the journey of self-exploration and learning to create and express in your own way. There are no right or wrong answers and no way to lose in this game. What makes Auditorium so fascinating is that there are many ways to solve every puzzle and ‘create your own symphony’ so to speak.

PSNS: Was the game originally planned to have Move support or was this added later?

AM: We planned for PlayStation Move and 3D TV support from the beginning, so if you’ve got either or both, you’re in for a treat.

PSNS: With indie games like this, many people like the try before buying approach, will there be a demo for users to try at the game’s launch?

AM: There is no demo planned for Auditorium HD. However, you can visit indiepubgames.com and try the original version of Auditorium as well as other cool indie-developed games that are available on the site! There’s a wealth of originality and creativity to be found in the indie scene, and indiePub is definitely the go-to place to discover it.

Move-enabled Funky Lab Rat coming to PSN:
http://www.destructoid.com/move-enabled-funky-lab-rat-coming-to-psn-187872.phtml

French developer Hydravision will be releasing its latest title, Funky Lab Rat, for PlayStation Network on November 24 in Europe and November 30 in North America.

The downloadable title will have players manipulating time and gravity as they help a test rat -- a funky one, with super powers! -- escape a laboratory. The game will feature 81 puzzle-like challenges across ten worlds, and will support both DualShock 3 and PlayStation Move support.

(Gameplay video inside)

Hmm... if PSEye is picking up the sound, shouldn't it affect both wired and wireless mic ?

Don't know.. That's what he said tough.. He thought there were something wrong with his Singstar-mic, but it were fixed when he plugged out the camera.

From the Fight Night thread…

I disagree. The Fight is already more realistic than the previous iterations of any boxing game. Now all they'd basically need to do to keep up is put stamina stats on every limb, instead of just an overal stamina bar (which by the way if you keep hitting when empty, will decrease the level you'll recover to).

Shouldn't they tone down the simulation if it's too hard core ?

Does it really dumb down the tracking if you're a novice fighter ?

From the Fight Night thread…

Shouldn't they tone down the simulation if it's too hard core ?

I suggested elsewhere that they should perhaps do a kids version which has a children's boxing school and people wearing gloves and helmets, and with a huge tutorial teaching you the basics of boxing.

Does it really dumb down the tracking if you're a novice fighter ?

There is currently no dumbing down. If anything, it's even harder in the beginning because your fighter's stats are low so response is lower. This is the basic problem they have with balancing a career and AI fighters and the physical capabilities of a real person.

I think as an option, perhaps also for online, they could try to remove those parameters altogether and let you fight with your own physical prowess (or lack of it) unfiltered, or add handicaps at best. Whatever they do, I think they should reskin this technology a few times over if they can for different audiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back