Gran Turismo 5 - gameplay only thread

Update is live! Interestingly its 1.05 NOT 1.04...........No hud option and F1 Ferrari Championship confirmed so far.

EDIT-:

Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge option.
Save backups
Online Events
Online Car Dealerships
Mechanical damage offline

EDIT-:

From a GTplanet poster:

More credit for race.

I just have a quick run on "American Championship - Indy". The credit is increased from 98000 to 117000 now. The XP is still the same...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, just updated too! The locked save game was one of my biggest worries at the moment. I'm starting to get the point where I don't want to restart, so it's great that I can backup now. That goes double for when I've unlocked the Endurance events (won't be long now). A second important reason for me to want this should also ring a bell for patsu - I can now purchase a second PS3 and copy my savegame there, for when the inevitable moment comes that I want to do some online racing in the study while my wife watches TV.

I just installed the update (608MB, took me about 5 mins including install) and I got all sorts of tracks and a new Mercedes unlocked. They also seem to have changed the moment at which you unlock Extreme events? (level 15). Apparently there are two Mercedes to win for the Intermediate, including the CLK GTR race car. You can also hide the HUD instruments so they don't overlay your cockpit view, which is nice. And you can choose your won music for the menus now as well (which is good for me, it's the only place I want to listen to music at all)

Yeah, just updated too! The locked save game was one of my biggest worries at the moment. I'm starting to get the point where I don't want to restart, so it's great that I can backup now. That goes double for when I've unlocked the Endurance events (won't be long now). A second important reason for me to want this should also ring a bell for patsu - I can now purchase a second PS3 and copy my savegame there, for when the inevitable moment comes that I want to do some online racing in the study while my wife watches TV.

We'll wait a bit longer for some of the track gfx improvements! hehe.

"The X1 is now called the Red Bull X2010."

Must be something else given the file size? Or maybe a case that they had no choice but to redownload large portions of code with the updated code data again?

"you can now repeat race events without having to exit out and then go back in. Soon as you've finished you can hit restart to do it straight away again." (THIS is a big plus point!!!!!).

"DO NOT DO THIS !!! I just copied my save data from my main account onto my friends account on the same ps and it copied but when you load the game it says you can not use someone elses saved file a new one will be created for you and you lose EVERYTHING !! "

"Today's login bonus:

5 Museum Cards
5 Paint Items

!

Seasonal Events are actually A-spec !

Bonus Race No. 1 (5 races with over 2.5 million prize money and TONS of xp)
Time Trial No. 1 (2 time trials with rankings)
Drift Trial No. 1 (2 drift trials with rankings)

Two weeks only."

Incredible!!! In the space of 3 weeks, the game has just improved hugely! If they keep updating at this rate, it might outo MAG! and hey, thats no bad thing, look where that is now!!! Kaz is listening and we should be thankfull for it!

"The online dealership looks good, it's full of rare used cars"

"Holy sh!t, they've got a Million credit race in the Seasonal Events!"

OK. first 2 of the special events won. Onto the Mazda! What a real challenge these are! But boy are the winnings worth it!

The new seasonal event are a hell of a lot better then the regular A-spec races. The entry requirements are very specific, 4 of them require a specific non-tuned premium car. And it's a rolling start with the opponents already ahead of you. So no more bumpercars from the starting line through the first few corners. It makes for a very nice challenge.

The online dealership is a good additional as well. Good for finding some of the rare cars to meet the entry requirements.

All except the FGT are prize cars, and therefore usually rare in the Used Car market. PD probably just realised that not everyone knows about winning them or has the skill to do so ...

But yeah I like the events too even if just for giving me an excuse for driving these cars and doing so stock. I took the opportunity to drive them with cockpit view and without the HUD as well.

I do think it's a shame we didn't get full leaderboards though, and that the two time trials posted don't have a friends filter. That had better come soon. I'd rather have only friends shown than the whole world if I had a choice.

Sweet, more events to play to get more credits. I'm less than 1m away from getting the Ferrari F1 car (I got a bunch of credits doing the special events... 1 more to go). I keep waiting for the PD F1 car, but I never see it in the used car section. :(

Updating now. It's going surprisingly quick for such a large update.

On a sales related note, GT5 seems to be selling very well in Europe, which makes me happy.

All except the FGT are prize cars, and therefore usually rare in the Used Car market. PD probably just realised that not everyone knows about winning them or has the skill to do so ...

That's kind of a weird choice. You'd have people buying a car to enter in a specific race, only to end up winning the same car. It would make more sense not to offer those for sale, and instead have similar cars you can't win anyway.

OK, just SS left now in the new events. All gold naturally! If this is what we're gonna get on a regular basis then i'd love to see some re-reviews taking place! Especially if things are improved on a technical level, menu fixes, additional options, etc etc. And hopefully we do see some sort of performance increases and improvements. Gonna tackle the TT mode tommorow, take on the world! Be cool if there was a filter friends option. Not looked so maybe there is?

OK. first 2 of the special events won. Onto the Mazda! What a real challenge these are! But boy are the winnings worth it!

I haven't checked what kind of tuning options there are - I didn't have any of the cars for the first three so I just bought them new, turned off TCS and dove in. It does seem that you can win them that way though - I got second on the first two and first with the Mazda (tried those only once). I sucked on Indy though, but I have an adjustable gear on my car there and it may actually have held me back (too much shifting) as well as just not being that great on the track (have to get back into it).

By the way, I'm happy they fixed the Log, but I'm sad that I now have pretty much no log of anything I've done to get to Level 24. :( I almost wish that like a colleague, I hadn't started until this version. Lucky him!

Here is a little tip for the Dodge Challenger seasonal event. This being quite possibly the worst car ever made, you might want stick a new gearbox in that thing, and increase it's top speed.

Does anyone know if those racing Skyline GT-R '08 can enter in the last seasonal event? They aren't listed as qualifying cars, but strangely enough are an exact match with the BHP and weight requirements.

God damn those B-Spec Expert events are taking too much time!!! 30 laps??? Is there a way to speed up the progress of the race so I wouldnt have to wait one hour for the race to end???

OK, just SS left now in the new events. All gold naturally! If this is what we're gonna get on a regular basis then i'd love to see some re-reviews taking place! Especially if things are improved on a technical level, menu fixes, additional options, etc etc. And hopefully we do see some sort of performance increases and improvements. Gonna tackle the TT mode tommorow, take on the world! Be cool if there was a filter friends option. Not looked so maybe there is?
I can't gold the first event. :(
I bought everything I could for it and configured the transmission to the lowest top speed, but I was still just over a second behind first. I easily golded the second and third then took a break for lunch.

I haven't checked what kind of tuning options there are - I didn't have any of the cars for the first three so I just bought them new, turned off TCS and dove in. It does seem that you can win them that way though - I got second on the first two and first with the Mazda (tried those only once). I sucked on Indy though, but I have an adjustable gear on my car there and it may actually have held me back (too much shifting) as well as just not being that great on the track (have to get back into it).

Put my top speed right up to 250 or 260...one of the two. Every sector you'll nock a second or two off. Last sweeping right hander, overtake..take the flag!

I can't gold the first event. :(
I bought everything I could for it and configured the transmission to the lowest top speed, but I was still just over a second behind first. I easily golded the second and third then took a break for lunch.

Go the other way mate, you want high speed, not quicker acceleration. can't remember what my ratio was, but it defo went higher top speed, the extra speed is worth it down that back straight. If your still stuck i'll mail my ratio settings.

The car is so slow, it doesn't even reach the top speed when you set the gears to the lowest top speed, even if you draft the entire straight, lol. You generally want to set your gears so you hit redline at the end of the longest straight. That track is a fairly low speed track.

I'll get back to that one and hopefully I'll be able to get gold before it expires.

Back