Official E3 Sony Conference Thread 2010

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Making this early, just to remind myself that they mentioned at the end of Dead Space 2 gameplay, that 'if this looks like a cliff-hanger, it's because it is one - look for how it continues in tomorrow's Sony conference'.

My own summary:

- Completely forgetting to write stuff down. Show started, Tretton presenting, some small talk and jokes, then on to Hirai who starts talking 3D. Soon after, we got Killzone footage in 3D, glasses on. Two sections, showcasing the fly-jumping and some action on helipad type things also. Looks phenomenal, audience likes it too. Release Februari 2011. Move support at launch too!
- Gran Turismo will be 3D, as mentioned.
- A bunch of third party games listed, and some more stuff.
The Fight lights out, Tumble, MLB the Show, EyePet will have both 3D and Move (apart from Killzone obviously)
- Glasses back on for? I'm blacking out on youtube :( after gametrailers didn't want to work already either. Grr.!
- I missed a load of stuff, according to Eurogamer among others EyePet, Tumble (indeed a Boom Blox type thing), Mortal Combat, etc. (will fill out later), apparently also films.
- Tretton back on, talking PS3 sales going up, online use not just for games, now on to 'Move' (they're in a hurry!). Peter Dille is going to tell us more. Almost glosses over casual gamers, and goes straight to pointing out that this is cool for the hardcore. Goes on to explain how Move works. Makes it better for anybody, both casual and hardcore.
- Now we're getting interviews with developers, interspersed with small clips and even a certain commercial, with well known quips. Risky. ;) All developers stress the precision, and the breadth of implementation options.
- Makes a surprising comment about being able to put both a regular version and a move version together on the BluRay disc.
- Says that they have so many games, they'll leave the ones already shown to check out on the show floor and instead they're going to show some completely new games not yet seen.
- Sorcery: showing actual gameplay. A little boy that can do spells. Wand arm is mapped one to one and that looks just about flawless. Precision is really something else. He's going to trasnform himself into a rat. Uses the change of color of the wand to match that of the potion. It has to be shaken, lights up the player and then a drinking movement. You can transfrm into different animals. Shows mending spell. Coming Spring 2011. Very nice and original, and a good showcase.
- EA Sports head of world wide development coming up to show Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11. Interesting to note that this one calibrates, but the Sorcery game didn't. So it's probably to match his body physique (seems like it). They're showing complete 1-1 golf playing, no canned animations left. Lands in a bunker. Second shot, pretty good, but again in a bunker (different one). The power of the swing is measured realistically as well. It looks very, very real. He makes par (using Mulligans). Will be available as a downloadable update when Move ships, and a demo is available on the Move demo disc (so the Move comes with a demo disc!)
- Heroes on the Move: Jak, Ratchet, Sly, Daxter, Clank, ... Some kind of battle, not really clear what it is like, but it seems to be using a Ratchet & Clank engine.
- Coca Cola?: ah, as a co-sponsor. Hundred-thirty million of bottles will have Move co-sponsorship, you can win Move stuff, etc.. Cheers, but they are for someone else ...
- Kevin! Uh-oh, he's slagging Microsoft's Cirque du Soleil show. Even slagging the whole motion control war. Professes love for games, makes a lot of jokes about love for games, ends epic, then small.
- September 15th in Europe, 19th in US, October 21st in Japan. 49,99 for separate controller, navig 29,99, bundle with sports championsgame, eye, 1 controller for 99. Whole package for 399,99 Move bundle. More than 40 titles available for holiday season (!). New titles, and updates, Resident Evil 5 Gold, Signstar (+Dance) Echochrome II, Tiger, Brundwitch Bowling, The Fight, Sports Champions, Start the Party, Singstar Dance, Eyepet, Heroes on the Move, TV Superstars, Socom 4, Killzone 3, Time Crisis (thanks!), The Shoot, Resident Evil 5 Gold, Aragorns Quest, Tron, Sorcery are games that I saw in the video reel.
- PSP gets a brand new add-campaign, pointing out that the PSP is a great platform for hardcore games, with Marcus, a young kid, heading a KB type of series of ads, titled "MarcusPSP". It's pretty good actually. The way they present this suggests that PSP2 will not be launched now. Makes sense, because that would be too many balls in the air (3D, Move, PSP2).
- Talks some actual games like Invizimals and God of War: Ghost of Sparta (no Gameplay shown), Tron, Kingdom Hearts, Toy STory 3, Ace Combat Joint Assault, UFC Unleashed. Invizimals and GoW will be bundled. Over 70 titles coming to PSP by this December, shows a quick clip with a load of them (MGS, Modnation, Ace Combat, another PSN trasfer, DragonBall, TEnnisgame, Madden, Invizimals, new Patapon, Fat Princess, Tetris, EyePet PSP, some balls/tetris thing, Kingdom Hearts, a cool looking game I can't place but looks like a female ..., the Sega tactical RPG thing, lots of stuff. Points out to PSP's PS3 relation, then moves on to PSN
- The Tester had 2.4 million viewers, and Tester 2 season starts this fall, casting starts now. Video content now coming to Canada.
- Talks Home, complete replication of Sony booth in Home, with all the videos, displays etc. replicated.
- He's starting to drone, should bring Kevin back up to bring him a coke with lemon, but now moving to LittleBigPlanet! (thank god ;) ) Alex coming for LBP2, pfew, we need that energy! :p
- going to show competitive scoring and the breadth of type of games now possible. Shows a simple example for mapping buttons. Next game is top down, bounce each other off the stage kind of game with central spawn point, score map can show who hit who and how, etc. Next rocket fly around style game shooting rockets at each other in a low gravity environment. You can create heads-up displays. All these were played live. Next a reel of some more examples of what you can do. Some really great stuff, beautiful shooter, some of these created in 24 hours, an actual example of a Rez type shooter, RTS game, boxing, etc. Wish he got more time, looks fantastic.
- Drones on about PSN again, announces PlayStation Plus. Gain access to hundreds of dollars of additional content, exclusive content, select betas, full games, minis, early demos, 49,99 a year, or 17,99 a quarter year. Wipeout, two minis, PS1 game, and a few other stuff will be in there in the first Month. You'll have all this stuff for the duration of your Subscription. "Just over $3 a month".
- Back to EA again. 'Unprecedented support' for everything Playstation. EA guy looks back 15 years to when EA and Sony worked together for the Playstation 1 launch. Will announce two titles now that have exclusive content for Playstation 3. First is Medal of Honor. Not sure what's exclusive, but I assume it's the new multiplayer map that's being shown now, Diwagal Camp (looks nice by the way).
- Dead Space 2 next, as expected. And indeed, it continues where the EA presentation stopped. It's quite spectacular. Announces special edition which gives you Extraction with Move support as a pack-in.
- Next guest: Portal 2! Nice surprise! It's Gabe Newell. Good one. :) Makes a fun KB joke (says that if he's nervous it's because KB was introduced to him backstage as the VP of sharpening things). Portal 2 not only comes to console, but comes with the full Steam support! Presentation looks amazing. Fun text at the end 'I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster!'. If they want to make it perfect for me, add in Move support. ;) No word on that just now, but would be perfect fit for this game.
- Final Fantasy XIV up next, brief video.
- 2K Games Mafia next, will also have exclusive content (first DLC for free or something, missed it)
- Ubisoft next: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, will have exclusive mission pack for PS3. Multiplayer beta also exclusive to PS3. Exclusive look at multiplayer features now. Looks very Matrix'y.
- Lots of stuff they haven't been able to show, another reel. Socom 4 again, Killzone 3 again, Medal of Honor again, Dead Space 2 again, Mafia 2, Madden, NBA2K, Tiger Woods, Sports Champions again, The Fight again, NCAA Football, Eyepet again, Start the Party again, LBP2 again, The SHoot again, Echochrome 2 again (looks great btw), Heroes on the Move again, GT5, Modnation again, Motorstorm Apocalypse, True Crime, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Shooter 2, Mortal Kombat, Castlevania, Dead Nation, Sorcery Again, DC Universe, Sly Collection (ah, its real), Tron, Final Fantasy XIV again. Yes, too much to fit in, but they could have done this more efficiently as you can see.
- Gran Turismo 5 now, thank god. 'About to finally get our hand on ... '. Really? I remain skeptical until thie end. Trailer is new though. Includes footage of Top Gear test track, nice. Night rally, some words by Sebastian Vettel, my feed is cutting out every now and then .. A DATE! Pfew. 2 November 2010 in the US, fully playable in 3D, with both modes on one disc (interesting). I guess we'll see the full game either in Europe or at TGS (as is tradition)
- Infamous 2 next: it looks a LOT better than part 1.
- getting to the end, with one last surprise: Twisted Metal. Big presentation at the end, some real life trucks and freaks coming on the stage. Oh and David Jaffe and partner. ;) Coming 2011, made by the same people behind the original. Quick look at gameplay from online team deathmatch. Looks a little bit cartoony, lots of distruction, a helicopter picks up a car, and flying is included. Loads of team-based and different online mode. Another online mode shown, different location (city with high rise), mode is called Nuke, is their take on team based objective gameplay. You can drive up into the skyscrapers, loads of jumps, etc. Looks pretty decent. Several factions bsaed on previous games. Target: destroy the oponent's faction statue. You have to grab the leader whom you then drag behind you. Have to bring him to the missile launcher. If you can keep him in the perimiter long enough, you can sacrifice the leader, and the missile launches. You then have to guide that missile yourself making sure it's not hit, and make sure it hits the big statue.

THE END

Dead Space 2 to be shown at Sony press conference, after already being shown at EAs. I predict an anouncement of Move support. Could be a good fit with the dismemberment gameplay i think.

Looking forward to GT5 in a very big way!. The Last Guardian demo and release date?. LBP2 i hope to hear more details of. MOVE will dominate lots of stuff thats obvious. Maybe an on-stage Motorstorm 3 demo, considering it's supposed to be very impressive?.

try to keep actual speculation and predictions to the predictions thread. I only put the dead space thing in there because it was actually announced to be in there. I put up a very extensive expectations thing in the expectations thread myself.

Dang it, I thought it was 12:00 EST. :cry:

I haven't been paying attention, is this being streamed in Home? If not, why? Why patsu, why? :LOL: :LOL:

Not live, but it's likely to be up there shortly after, just as it was last year. Home goes down for maintenance exactly at the time of the conference ... uh-oh, Nintendo starts now

Good, Tretton's presenting.

Kaz is up. 3D 3D 3D zzz. Killzon3D, now. Wow, it looks... 2D. And like Killzone. (GT feed not so great.) Lots of jump-packing around -- trailer feels long.

Back to Kaz. 3D, 3D, 3D. Sly Collection, though, hm.

MLB will support Move, but not really a surprise.

Second video... a whole lot of PS-branded clutter? And Sony-branded glasses! Huzzah! More 3d stuff with games. Makes the Eyepet people look like they're from the future, though. Sly Collection looks hot.

Tretton again. Talking about the PS2. 2nd most-played console last year, hahaha.

Now Move? Peter Dille up. Talking to developers. Who's 'The Workshop Entertainment'?

Oh, yay, new games, not old ones. So, Sorcery. Huh. Looks like Dr. Marks' dream game.

Last edited by a moderator:
So their big upfront message is 3D? And you thought Kinect was an expensive peripheral for your console!!!

Back