First Killzone screenshot/details? So says USAToday..

Now that it's settled in the opressively dark setting seems the biggest drawback. The game is almost entirely in gray so far as to be monochromatic.

Again not a compare, but while this is the best looking game I think Halo 3 will likely be more fun.

I saw the extended trailer which consisted of lots of gameplay.

Splendid. Superb animation, lighting, physics and AI

TBH I'm not as psyched up as everyone else. It looks really good, but not something that blows the doors of something like GOW, and a few select others. I'm impressed, but I find the lighting a bit flat in some scenes (opening scene for ex), and some just kind of weird feeling about the composition, like somethings don't fit well. Dunno, guess I just haven't boarded the hype train like you guys.

Certainly nothing like CG trailers imo.

Best smoke and flames on PS3 by far. I was concerned that without an embedded frame buffer, RSX wouldn't be able to provide the fill rate necessary to do such effects justice at high resolution. Lair elevated my fears. KZ2 lays them to rest.

Other games might look comparable in screenshots, but none of them have nearly as much activity in-game.

WOW:cool:

I had pretty much written this game off after playing the last Killzone and the fiasco over the E3 2005 CG trailer, but damn does this game ever look awsome. I do not know how Sony did it, but they managed to capture the look and feel of the CG trailer in real time. The only question that remains to be answered is how well the game plays and how it well it stacks up to its main competition: Halo, CoD 4 and Unreal Tournament III. So far it spanks them in graphics, but to be considered top dog in terms of console FPS it will have to dethrone Halo.:???:

Best smoke and flames on PS3 by far. I was concerned that without an embedded frame buffer, RSX wouldn't be able to provide the fill rate necessary to do such effects justice at high resolution. Lair elevated my fears. KZ2 lays them to rest.

Other games might look comparable in screenshots, but none of them have nearly as much activity in-game.

My theory is they use a SPU to do the smoke because any of the SPUs can send instruction to the RSX. Something like SPU -> XDR; SPU -> RSX; RSX -> XDR;

1 up's take on it..

"What we like: The presentation and attention to detail are key. The game doesn't look as good as the 2005 trailer, naturally...but it looks about as good as any other console shooter. We'd say that Gears of War tops it, and a few other titles are on the same visual level, but the game looks extremely nice.

What we dislike: We didn't see much big-picture stuff in here we haven't seen yet in other games. Given Killzone 2's importance and Sony's hints at online features, this likely has more to do with Sony being very secretive about the features, and less about a lack of innovation in the game. At this point it's hard to pick out one or two big things that will help separate the gameplay from what we've seen in other war shooters."

The rest: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3160994

1 up's take on it..

"What we like: The presentation and attention to detail are key. The game doesn't look as good as the 2005 trailer, naturally...but it looks about as good as any other console shooter. We'd say that Gears of War tops it, and a few other titles are on the same visual level, but the game looks extremely nice.

What we dislike: We didn't see much big-picture stuff in here we haven't seen yet in other games. Given Killzone 2's importance and Sony's hints at online features, this likely has more to do with Sony being very secretive about the features, and less about a lack of innovation in the game. At this point it's hard to pick out one or two big things that will help separate the gameplay from what we've seen in other war shooters."

The rest: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3160994

Gears of War... That is suprising, I kind of thought that Killzone looked better.

Gears of War... That is suprising, I kind of thought that Killzone looked better.
agreed. the only area where i think Gears looks better is the textures and maybe sharpness. there was a lot more going on in the killzone trailer, the aa was better, the lighting is better, theres more polygons and the animations were smoother.

agreed. the only area where i think Gears looks better is the textures and maybe sharpness. there was a lot more going on in the killzone trailer, the aa was better, the lighting is better, theres more polygons and the animations were smoother.

i really agree! The imagery in Killzone is much more subtle. Gears has the shiny "wow" factor with all the glinting reflections and contrasty lighting.

I think Killzone is really deserving of praise. It is beautifully put together. I hope the "game" under those graphics is worthy of the same praise.

I hope those guys at GG are now able to relax into the project and just have a blast creating a great game...

... by the way - I think the Killzone video is incredible! I am very impressed... animation, lighting, activity, intensity, immersion, etc... amazing!

I only hope there is a sprint button. The character seemed to lumber through the level.

Really love the way the pillars get chipped away at by gunfire and grenade explosions. It's easy to nitpick at stuff in the stills like some blurry texturing and fire and particle effects but in motion it looks so much better, everything just comes together beautifully IMO.

I only hope there is a sprint button. The character seemed to lumber through the level.

There is, it was already mentioned. You lower your gun during it and can't shoot while sprinting.

Just gonna post the link, since it needs to be big, but a site did a little comparo between the 05 trailer and the 07 trailer.

I didn't realize how close the two actually are.

http://www.n4g.com/M/8/Images//51000/51316.jpg

They're all small size, but still, its pretty impressive in my eyes.

What did I tell ya!?. Killzone 2 is already close to the CG trailer. The final version will surpass the CG trailer!:devilish: :devilish:

I'm so ****ing excited!

What did I tell ya!?. Killzone 2 is already close to the CG trailer. The final version will surpass the CG trailer!:devilish: :devilish:

I'm so ****ing excited!

There are things in the CG trailer that the game simply won't surpass. Like the explosions for example. The explosions in the CG trailer were so freaking sweet that if they could nail those down, it would be freaking cool, however I have my doubts if that is even possible at this point.

Some real-time gameplay screenshots from Killzone 2 (HD video from the Sony conference).

Image 1 in big size.
Image 2 in big size.
Image 3 in big size.
Image 4 in big size.
Image 5 in big size.
Image 6 in big size.
KZ2smallSET1.jpg

KZ2smallSET2.jpg

KZ2smallSET3.jpg

KZ2smallSET4.jpg

KZ2smallSET5.jpg

KZ2smallSET6.jpg