Leipzig Games Convention

I am really looking forward to this after a dissapointing E3, I think Sony will be looking to the GC as a platform to showcase some new games and with MS not doing any Press Conference's, things will be in Sony's favour.

Sony's Line-Up (plus the added suprises they may have installed)

GC 2008: List of all games to be shown/revealed : LINK

Need 2 Know's LGC Media Library

GC 2008: Direct Feed of the Rage Trailer (PC, PS3 & 360)
Video in the link - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=195612

GC 2008: LocoRoco 2 (PSP)
VIDEO

GC 2008: Konami Press Conference Live Blog
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/900/900388p1.html
For those who like to read Blogs, haha

GC 2008: Moto GP 08- PS3 & Wii versions confirmed
here is some PS3 gameplay
VIDEO

GC 2008: Mirror's Edge gameplay video
Here's a first gameplay video of Mirror's Edge for the PlayStation 3 which is playable at Games Convention 2008 in Leipzig.
VIDEO

GC 2008: Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
NEW PICS

GC 2008: Lords of Shadows (PS3 & 360)
Lords of Shadow, an action adventure game that European product planning manager David Cox described as a "dark fairytale with a European twist." Cox said the game should appeal to fans of Mexican director Guillermo del Toro (director of Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, and the upcoming Hobbit movie).
VIDEO

GC 2008: Sonic Unleashed (PS3, 360 PS2 & Wii)
First Gameplay Video

GC 2008 PES 2009 (PS3 & 360)
Video & Pics& &New Video & Interview

GC 2008: Bionic Commando (PS3 & 360)
HD Video

GC 2008: Killzone (PS3)
Multiplayer Video & Single Player

GC 2008: Resident Evil 5 Xbox 360 Trailer - Extended Trailer
VIDEO & Some Co-Op Video's

GC 2008: Little Big Planet (PS3)
Video 1 & Video 2

GC 2008: Street Fighter IV (PS3)
New Screens

GC 2008: Prince of Persia (PS3 & 360)
New Screens & NEW GC Video

Unboxed: Sony Play TV
LINK

GC 2008: Dark Void (PS3 & 360)
Video's

GC 2008: Shattered Horizon (PC)
DEBUT VIDEO

GC 2008: Quantum of Solace (PS3 & 360)
Video's

GC 2008: Sony Press Conference (Live Blog)
Ok guys here it is, I am off so enjoy. LINK 1 or LINK 2

GC 2008: Mercenaries 2 (PS3 & 360)
Co-Op Video

GC 2008: Mad World (Wii)
Video & Video

GC 2008: SONY - 160GB PS3 to launch on 31st October
Sony has announced during its press conference that a 160GB PS3 bundle will launcht October 31st. It will be the same spec as the 80GB but with the extra hard drive space, and priced at EUR 449. UPDATE The 160GB model announced at Leipzig today will also be coming to America in a new bundle featuring last year's blockbuster PS3 exclusive, Uncharted. For $499, the 160GB system will include the new 160GB system, a DUALSHOCK 3 controller, a voucher for PAIN and a copy of Uncharted. It will be available in November.

GC 2008: Heavy Rain (PS3)
Gameplay Video (thanks to patsu)
Quantic Dream’s David Cage has just taken through some amazing looking Heavy Rain gameplay at Leipzig.

First he announces that games are no longer for kids and teenagers,” saying that no guns, cars, interfaces, puzzles or enemies are in the game. It’s all about moral choices, contextual actions and decision making.

You, the player, are both writer and director.

We see a man standing in the rain and some kids playing outside a house. Then, we go inside and see a room with birds hanging from the ceiling and the sound of a woman’s voice speaking into a dictaphone: all very eeire.

We’re then taken inside a house where you’re being chased. All of a sudden the man in the rain attacks you and there’s some QTE’s to avoid being killed.

We are then taken outside again and the demo was over.

Game is to be released “next year.”

GC 2008: Aion - The Tower of Eternity (PC)
Video's

GC 2008: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (PC)
Video's

GC 2008: Far Cry 2 (PS3, 360 & PC)
Video's

GC 2008: Silent Hill - Homecoming (PS3, 360 & PC)
Video

GC 2008: RFOM 2 (PS3)
Gameplay CAM (Think its Old)1

GC 2008: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Press Conference
VIDEO

GC 2008: Improved 360 Controller Confirmed
New controller available for a limited time outside North America.The Xbox 360 controller d-pad has long been cited as the number one reason to buy Bionic Commando: Rearmed on the PlayStation 3. Now, 360 owners are finally getting the remedy they've been waiting for. It's a bitter one though.

Eurogamer reports that a new controller that can register 32 directions of input through the d-pad made it onto the Games Convention show floor via a Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 kiosk, the game for which it is being specifically developed. Microsoft confirmed that the new controller will indeed be released on October 24, but the news gets sour for North Americans after that.
LINK

GC 2008: Castlevania Judgment Hands-on (Wii)
IGN Link

GC 2008: Tomb Raider - Underworld (PS3 & 360)
Gameplay Video

GC 2008: Resistance - Retribution (PSP)
VIDEO

GC 2008: Sony - First trailer of VidZone
VIDEO

GC 2008: Call of Duty World At War - Jungle Gameplay (PS3, 360 & PC)
VIDEO

GC 2008: Sony - EyePet Trailer
VIDEO

Last edited by a moderator:
David Jaffe's new game is rumoured to be unveiled there. That game will probably be a new Twisted Metal for PS3. But is just a rumour, don't expect anything to show up, and hope for the best.

I am really looking forward to this after a dissapointing E3, I think Sony will be looking to the GC as a platform to showcase some new games and with MS not doing any Press Conference's, things will be in Sony's favour.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/...crosoft-press-conference-at-games-convention/

Sony's Line-Up (plus the added suprises they may have installed)
http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/08/13/sonys-games-convention-line-up-posted-heavy-rain-bcd/

What does everbody else think :D
Use the original link: "Ripten’s posted..." http://www.ripten.com/2008/08/12/what-will-sony-show-at-leipzig/

The whole Denis Dyack and Too Human affair was cringe worthy. Don't know if you heard about that.

I did. Thankfully most devs. know better than that.

What amaze's me is the fact that they are willing to filter through all the flaming, trolls and otherwise ridiculous talk to find their real fans, and see what they think of their games.

For Leipzig I'm looking forward to hearing more about LBP. It's the perfect event to sell the concept directly to gamers, as even the public is allowed to enter the show, unlike E3.

Last edited by a moderator:
You never know, i heard that Sony had 12 announcements to make at the GC so fingers crossed that they have something up their sleeve's

WHY, whats wrong with the links i put up :(

They didnt write the second one. You always use the original source...and if the list happens to be wrong, Ripten is to blame, not Videogaming247 who are not responsible.

What amaze's me is the fact that they are willing to filter through all the flaming, trolls and otherwise ridiculous talk to find their real fans, and see what they think of their games.
It amazes me that Dave Jaffe does it as I seem to remember he doesn't take criticism well, but there is no better way to find out what you did right/wrong than going to some rabid gaming forum to read what people are saying.

It amazes me that Dave Jaffe does it as I seem to remember he doesn't take criticism well, but there is no better way to find out what you did right/wrong than going to some rabid gaming forum to read what people are saying.

And after being set on releasing small PSN games, he has since changed his mind and the company is doing full lown PS3 games. He listens a lot.

Savage Moon

PS3 exclusive game in the military genre.

Or is it the name Valkyria Chronicles will go under in the EU market?
;)

published by Sony

From what I have read around the net, its actually Sony London Studio's behind the development of Savage Moon but these could be just rumours plus again just rumours its looking like the 'Seceret game' that the BBC reporter saw, again just rumours is indeed - Savage Moon and all will be revealed at the GC

I have some links to these articles and forum threads if you want

Seed Studios to announce PS3 exclusive at Leipzig

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/18/seed-studios-to-announce-ps3-exclusive-at-leipzig/

Portuguese developer Seed Studios announced on the popular gaming forum NeoGAF their next project: a PS3 game to be revealed at Leipzig Games Convention. The developer has previously worked on three DS games -- this would be their first foray into a current generation home console game. Considering their history, it seems likely that their new project will be a PSN game. But who knows? Maybe we'll be quite surprised.

While nothing else is known about the game, we're glad to see more developers announcing new content for the PS3. At E3, surprise PSN games like Fat Princess caught the attention of gamers everywhere. We're hoping to unearth new gems at Leipzig as well.

I checked out Seed Studios Website and there is only 1 picture of artwork and no info, so hopefully more will be given out at the GC this week.

Back