First Killzone screenshot/details? So says USAToday..

Well, I'm glad I reserved final judgement until better media arrived, cause the trailer really makes that leaked screenie look like crap. The new real-time trailer is great, some scenes stunning, and although one could technically pick out lots of little things that are less refined/detailed/perfect than in the infamous CGI trailer, the overall look and feel is good enough to make up for it IMO. Lighting, animation and effects are stunning, the models are top-notch. The texture work could be better and the colorpalette is extremely barren, but that's art direction and nitpicking. Kudos to GG! :smile:

That leaves me mostly worried about the gameplay and AI, the two main shortcomings of the original game. Sadly this trailer doesn't give any clues how those will turn out...

The models look incredible. Anyone have any idea why the models don't seem to have many (and someplace look completly smooth) "jaggies". Is it FSAA or high pollys or both?

The game runs with with AA ( the dev confirms it ) and it looks like its 4xAA :D

Pretty sexy looking. Different than I expected, but also a bit better. I really like the gritty feel.

I hope Brian Cox does the voice of the leader of the helghast again (or did he die in the PSP version -- didn't get around to finishing that one)... He was perfect.

Eh, my problem with the first Killzone wasn't the graphics. I'll have to make sure they added he fun before I get hyped...

The fun in KZL called, it says Hi

I'm with joker on this one, what the hell have you people watched not that I’m impressed with CoD 4 or anything

OMG i just saw SONY pressconf [well mostly listened 'cos i had trouble with stream] and they played entire level of Killzone 2 !

I saw the extended trailer which consisted of lots of gameplay.

Splendid. Superb animation, lighting, physics and AI

I am watching the trailer again and again and again.....how can it be real?

How on earth did they achieve that freaking detail, such awesome animations, such physics, such weather effects in a matter of 2 YEARS!!

Sony threw insane amounts of money at the project. 130 developers are a lot, too.

In the game to me (new footage from confrance) there was no rectical for firing. So either they took that out to show the graphics. Or its like a Counter Strike AWP thing, as in no rectical or use the iron site/laser site etc/scope for percision shooting.

Well, it yielded results, that's for certain.

They didn't really had any other choice, a subpar showing would've made for very, very bad press.

Actually I'm still surprised noone threw anything at Phil when he said "all you're about to see is real time" before the conference demo of KZ - they're the very reason this has to be explicitly stated nowadays...

The facial animations are awful. When the mouths are open fully agape it actually reminds me of Half Life.

They didn't really had any other choice, a subpar showing would've made for very, very bad press.

Laa-Yosh now are you going to make the expense-of-development-due-to-previous-promises your new KZ2 theme, or are you going to give the game some credit? ;)

The facial animations are awful. When the mouths are open fully agape it actually reminds me of Half Life.

I do agree with the speech animations thing though. But other than when talking, they work well.

I have yet to see the CoD4 video but here is the KZ2 HD video unless this is the one you have been seeing!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21504.html

Thanks for the link! That one does look better than the video I saw. I still prefer the look of COD4 though.

Laa-Yosh said:
Most games today are around 6000-10000 polys per character (obviously fighting games are an exception).

Sports games too! We're using 10k+ just on the head.

Back