Killzone in trouble?

nintenho

Veteran
http://finalboss.uol.com.br/fb3/ctu.asp?cid=36248

Killzone, one of PlayStation 3's most talked about title, has been through production issues. This information comes from FinalBoss' foreign correspondent, who's kept contact with Guerilla Games, the title's developer.

The whole Killzone controversy began on E3 2005, with lots of people discussing if the shown video was prerendered or realtime. No news about the game were disclosed ever since.

What's the reason for this smokescreen surrounding the game's new episode? Our sources indicate that after lots of discussing with Sony's management after Guerilla was bought out, Alastair Burns (GG's general manager) has left the company -- and along with him, key people on Killzone PS3 development; that has led to many things, including the cancellation of Killzone's sequel for the PS2.

After that, Sony has invested money on the studio which now has over 200 employees on the intent of putting Killzone PS3's development back on track; despite that, the missing key people from the original project has made a difference, and its production pace has lowered considerably.

Our source indicates that the company has tried (with no success so far) to hire someone on the same level as Alastair, but so far no one with the same qualities have taken his place. Keep an eye on FinalBoss for more news on this soap opera, which has premiered right here on your fave computer and video games website.

Well, this thread is off to a good start -- got the two most important things!

1) inaccurate thread title
2) sourced from obscure website

Well, this thread is off to a good start -- got the two most important things!
1) inaccurate thread title
2) sourced from obscure website
1)I'm assuming it's canceled, they say that they're having problems and we haven't seen anything of the game since the first trailer, actually more information here then my "Zelda: TP canceled for gamecube" thread and that was a civillized thread.

2)Apparantly that's Brazil's biggest gaming website and is professional from what I heard at GAF but I don't read portugese so I couldn't tell you.

It's not canceled. And now that killzone liberation is done and has gone gold a while ago, most of the team on that project is being moved over to killzone "3".

I posted that title so that people who know more about game development then me could give their opnions.

Well thats a pretty misleading title if that was your question on the development. AFAIK, I havent heard anything wrong with the development, just that the team will grow bigger after KZ:I is out (and it is). Sony is keeping everything under wraps for killzone ps3 from what I've heard so any type of development leaks sounds very suspicious. To me it just sounds like speculation pinned on a source to make it more believable, just because we havent seen anything of it since 05.

Well thats a pretty misleading title if that was your question on the development. AFAIK, I havent heard anything wrong with the development, just that the team will grow bigger after KZ:I is out (and it is). Sony is keeping everything under wraps for killzone ps3 from what I've heard so any type of development leaks sounds very suspicious. To me it just sounds like speculation pinned on a source to make it more believable, just because we havent seen anything of it since 05.
You're saying that they're speculating on whether one of the producers works there or not and whether several key people in Killzone PS3's development left? I'm guessing that they're trying to get the game back to being developed but it may not be the same game.

You're saying that they're speculating on whether one of the producers works there or not and whether several key people in Killzone PS3's development left? I'm guessing that they're trying to get the game back to being developed but it may not be the same game.

I'm saying that I doubt production issues are as big as they suggest (pace has lowered considerably?). Infact, I'm willing to bet the team is much larger now than it was at the beginning of development. And you assuming the game is canceled, is definately jumping the gun.

1)I'm assuming it's canceled, they say that they're having problems and we haven't seen anything of the game since the first trailer, actually more information here then my "Zelda: TP canceled for gamecube" thread and that was a civillized thread.

Don´t you find it funny that there is a full page add in the November issue of Edge, that reads

"KILLZONE

Take the shot
Guerrilla is now recruiting for its flagship PS3 title

Programmers online | sound | tool | game | environment | layout |
special fx | lighting | vehicles | texture | animation

Designers senior

Project manager

Assistant producer"

Pretty strange if they canceled the game, don´t you think?

BTW there is also a full page recruitment add from Ninja theory looking for a wide range of people to "work on the most anticipated original ame for the playstation 3". I don´t think it means that Heavenly Sword has been cancelled either. :cool:

I'm saying that I doubt production issues are as big as they suggest (pace has lowered considerably?). Infact, I'm willing to bet the team is much larger now than it was at the beginning of development. And you assuming the game is canceled, is definately jumping the gun.
I don't care whether it's canceled or not, it's news. The amount of people probably increased but they still need to make the game good atmospherically and in terms of gameplay. Obviously it would be better to have the people that worked on the last game working on this one. If it's such a big problem, could one of thet mods put "is" at the beginning of the title?

Don´t you find it funny that there is a full page add in the November issue of Edge, that reads

"KILLZONE

Take the shot
Guerrilla is now recruiting for its flagship PS3 title

Programmers online | sound | tool | game | environment | layout |
special fx | lighting | vehicles | texture | animation

Designers senior

Project manager

Assistant producer"

Pretty strange if they canceled the game, don´t you think?

BTW there is also a full page recruitment add from Ninja theory looking for a wide range of people to "work on the most anticipated original ame for the playstation 3". I don´t think it means that Heavenly Sword has been cancelled either. :cool:

If anything this adds credence to the rumour, Project Manager required at this stage!??

I don't know if you guys are not reading the OP, but it does not state that KZ is currently cancelled, simply that is was temporarily cancelled at one point.

Very intreresting, I want to know what the problem was...

I don't care whether it's canceled or not, it's news. The amount of people probably increased but they still need to make the game good atmospherically and in terms of gameplay.
Now we are talking about an entirely different subject. :LOL:

Obviously it would be better to have the people that worked on the last game working on this one.
It's funny, I dont hear much praise for the orginal game around these parts. Can I ask, did you enjoy the first game?

If it's such a big problem, could one of thet mods put "is" at the beginning of the title?
That still would be misleading, no where in your link did they say the game is cancelled.

I don't know if you guys are not reading the OP, but it does not state that KZ is currently cancelled, simply that is was temporarily cancelled at one point.
I know that, I was pointing out that nintenho is assuming that the game is cancelled, which is not the reality of things.

That still would be misleading, no where in your link did they say the game is cancelled.
I'm posting a link to a portugese website that's saying that the game with the most visually impressive trailer for the PS3 is missing many key members and so I put the title with a question mark of whether that game is canceled or not. Sony still wants to get out first-party games, whether or not Killzone is one of them is the question.

It's funny, I dont hear much praise for the orginal game around these parts. Can I ask, did you enjoy the first game?
I didn't play it but I heard that despite technical flaws and scripted gameplay, that the atmosphere was impressive.

I'm posting a link to a portugese website that's saying that the game with the most visually impressive trailer for the PS3 is missing many key members and so I put the title with a question mark of whether that game is canceled or not. Sony still wants to get out first-party games, whether or not Killzone is one of them is the question.
I'm not sure what you mean. No matter how you spin it, the game is not cancelled; so asking the question if it's cancelled or not in the thread title and the thread itself seems pointless and misleading to me. But whatever floats your boat. :LOL:

I didn't play it but I heard that despite technical flaws and scripted gameplay, that the atmosphere was impressive.
You should try playing it some time, its not a bad game by far, the atmosphere is pretty good, but the single player gameplay (which is most important) is really not on par with some other FPS's of it's time. The fact that many consider killzone 1 to be overhyped and for the most part under-delivering, I wouldnt be surprised if they needed a change in management. That said, killzone liberation seems to be a very fun title (graphically and gameplay wise)... so guerrilla must be doing something right. :)

I'm not sure what you mean. No matter how you spin it, the game is not cancelled; so asking the question if it's cancelled or not in the thread title and the thread itself seems pointless and misleading to me. But whatever floats your boat. :LOL:
I tell you in the title I am spinning it. The point of this thread is to say that there is a good chance that the game will not come out.

All I wanted to know is whether or not that is a realistic expectation.

It is and despite the number of flaws this game has, it was the Helghast voices that killed this game for me .

Edited the title to keep the core of the sense of the question, without it being quite so alarming without a bit more evidence to be quite that alarmed about. Oh, and, y'know, spelled the dang thing correctly. ;)

I tell you in the title I am spinning it. The point of this thread is to say that there is a good chance that the game will not come out.

All I wanted to know is whether or not that is a realistic expectation.

Well thank god for geo we got the topic changed :LOL: Anyways, I'd say no, its not a realistic expectation.

Back