Killzone in trouble?

Edited the title to keep the core of the sense of the question, without it being quite so alarming without a bit more evidence to be quite that alarmed about. Oh, and, y'know, spelled the dang thing correctly. ;)
Thank you, I hope news comes out before PS3 launch. This could be their "flagship" title so I got carried away.

If anything this adds credence to the rumour, Project Manager required at this stage!??
What stage?

You're privy to some information on Killzone development schedule or something? ;)

And just for information, more project managers are needed as the team grow. The more the people "thrown at a project" the more managers you need (a project manager is not a producer or director, as in it supervise all the game project, a project manager is given a particular set of tasks and these are its "projects"). It's not a mantra most leads agree on, but it's something a lot (most) of the big devhouses do ou there.
More workload equals to "needs more folks" in the mind of some execs; but that's another debate for another thread, I guess.

What stage?

You're privy to some information on Killzone development schedule or something? ;)

From comments given by Sony at E3 2005 I was under the impression it had been in development since before E3, so at least a year and a half.

What you're saying is possible, I only said this add some credence to the original article if they need this many top level staff. Hiring senior designers and project managers 16 months after beginning development doesn't seem strange?

Alastair Burns just gone working on Gpolice for ps3 ,it's an old dream comes true for him.Killzone ps3 's developpement is just fine.

Not sure on averages, but 200+ people on one project sounds very high to me...

Yeah, that cought my eye as well, I was wtf? How many are working on GoW or Halo? More people do not really mean that the game will excell from a technical point of view, although Guerrila are more than capable of that, but with that much staff the attention to art and detail must be stagering. You will have one guy just making shoelaces or whatever, while another will be making individual grass straws or something. To look awesome and staggering is the least this title will have to do...

From comments given by Sony at E3 2005 I was under the impression it had been in development since before E3, so at least a year and a half.
Actually I believe Killzone development started on PCs already in fall 2004.

On a side note, I believe Heavenly Sword development started in early 2003. I guess, there are people around here that can correct me if that's wrong. ;)

Alastair Burns just gone working on Gpolice for ps3 ,it's an old dream comes true for him.Killzone ps3 's developpement is just fine.

I didn't think anything worthwhile would come from such an ill thought out thread.

But this little bit of news might just make a difference.

Alastair is still with Sony, but is now working on G-Police. Great news.

i know the journalist who reported this. he works for various sites and magazines. like 1up, kikizo , future publishing and also for some Brazilian sites/magazines.
the departure of lots of key ps3 folk is known for months.. its not necessarily canceled, its just major delayed.

I didn't think anything worthwhile would come from such an ill thought out thread.

But this little bit of news might just make a difference.

Alastair is still with Sony, but is now working on G-Police. Great news.

:) .sorry .that was just my own funny speculation.Id'like that too.(he too would like a gpolice remake,that's the real part of it)

Btw AFAIK he was only a producer or product manager on killzone not exactly the creative force ,and producers do change compagny pretty often.

I posted this to shake a little the non-sens of the thread,the complete waste of time and the ridiculous baseless speculation.
These kind of 'discutions' belong to GAF ,not B3d,IMO

:) .sorry .that was just my own funny speculation.Id'like that too.(he too would like a gpolice remake,that's the real part of it)
I was wondering about that (which is why I sent you a pm asking about it), a little birdie @ Guerilla tells me he is working at Rebellion now on a new project (though he wouldnt tell me for what system and what the game is lol). Anyways, he assured me that development on killzone for ps3 is going smooth and that this article seemed to be funny to him (don't ask me when we will see the game, cause I already tried asking. :LOL:; but I would guess sometime after launch).

Does that have anything to do with the old g-police game for the PC? I really liked that game back in the day

[edit]

Never mind, didn't see the answer above.
GPolice was a great game for it's time. Shame it was royally shafted in reviews

Last edited by a moderator:

OMFG,this isn't just a dream for him but sth I have been praying for a few years.
G-police rulz both of them...

Back