Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3 & Xbox 360)

Well, Quaz states it's 720p. No AA might be hurting it, but I have to say the jaggies look far worse than other games I've seen on my monitor.

If it's anything like the beta, I cant believe how bad this game turned out, and I once had high hopes for it.

Well. I found the demo Very Very fun! Especially the multiplayer !:D
I was playing on an SDTV, so, I didn't find those jaggies you guys are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
The singleplayer mission was terrible imo, feelt rushed. The sudden switches to cutscenes really take you out of the immersion (and the cutscenes themselves are bad), graphics sometimes look good, most of the time it looks bad.

The destruction wasn't at all what i expected, it seems to be completely prescripted, you can often notice the wholes that you make are preset (as the middle of the explotion is the same place every time in relation to a building).

The multiplayer felt laggy.

Nothing like the awesome BF2 on PC.

wasn't too bad imo. had to turn down the sensitivity two notches. gameplay was pretty good. sound was very well done imho. visually, it was ok. some minor tearing on the ps3 version (don't know about the 360 version) but the framerate seems to be a solid 30fps, or close to.
just tried the single player.

The destruction wasn't at all what i expected, it seems to be completely prescripted, you can often notice the wholes that you make are preset (as the middle of the explotion is the same place every time in relation to a building).

Yeah I noticed this some time ago in the gameplay videos, quite bland and simplistic. Got the impression that the debris fades away even before it hits the ground sometimes.

I wonder how they can fail to make it better than BF2, maybe different Dice studio that developed it or just limitations perhaps?

Lovely in places to look at in single player but CoD4 craps all over this IMO

multiplayer is different than CoD4 and better than the BBC SP but I still prefer CoD4 MP

Game is real fun and runs well with no lag on PSN. The graphics are way better then COD IMO because of all the destructible stuff and moving trees with shadows + the craters from artillery and tanks and stuff is pretty neat. Multiplayer is better also because of vehicles alone IMO.

I have been playing the MP since yesterday, and I am just loving it. Didn't notice any lag, except for once. The MP with Mortar, Helicopters, tanks, jeeps, and on-foot is awesome! It is my first BF though. I had played BF2 on PC but it was too realistic.

As for SP, yes, it is not that great, and the cutscene do break the flow. Also, it is not exactly clear as to what is to be done instantly.

The singleplayer mission was terrible imo, feelt rushed. The sudden switches to cutscenes really take you out of the immersion (and the cutscenes themselves are bad), graphics sometimes look good, most of the time it looks bad.

The multiplayer felt laggy.

I think the destruction is still a step up - and what's important about the building destruction is in the gameplay, not visuals. i.e. you can't camp in a building when a tank approaches, because they'll blow the wall out. This is especially obvious in MP.

I like the size of the maps (MP and SP)

Tried both 360 and PS3 versions, no MP yet. I wasn't looking for differences, but they seem awfully similar, even including the annoying grainy filter. It's not that bad: it's sort of like... CoD minus the scripting, with all the good and bad that entails. CoD would shoehorn you into a path where you'd see some awesome things. Here the gameplay is more 'emergent' (I hate that term): you might see something cool with the destructible environments, but you also might not. (There should be more fanfare when you blow stuff up, though. A silo was destroyed and looked like it had vanished in a puff of smoke.) Lots of things are like that: while using the GL to blow apart a building, I saw the AI realize it was exposed and go for different cover, as opposed to CoD4's fixed cover spots. But I also spotted the enemy standing there and firing back at me, in best idiot BF2 bot style.

I agree it's fun online but I got a real Battlefield 2 Modern Combat (X360 2006) vibe from it. Although player models and lighting and destrucability are improved... it seems unrefined by far compared to CoD4.

I love the "no lobby waiting/ jump into game" set up of EA's servers though. :cool:

I've only tried the ps3 demo yet, and only on single player. The in-game graphics are quite good, but the graphics in the real-time cutscenes are among the best I've seen on consoles. :smile:

The game seems fun and the story has potential. I'm still not fully "feeling" the controls yet, I'm probably using too much sensitivity, but I seem to notice it only when zooming.

Gonna try the 360 version next to compare a bit, I hear that it's constantly smooth. I hope they fully fix the framerate in the PS3 version though, it's better than the 360 beta I think but seems like they're close to 30 at least all the time. And I usually buy multiplayer games for the PS3, like most of my friends :rolleyes:

I've only tried the ps3 demo yet, and only on single player. The in-game graphics are quite good, but the graphics in the real-time cutscenes are among the best I've seen on consoles. :smile:

The game seems fun and the story has potential. I'm still not fully "feeling" the controls yet, I'm probably using too much sensitivity, but I seem to notice it only when zooming.

Gonna try the 360 version next to compare a bit, I hear that it's constantly smooth. I hope they fully fix the framerate in the PS3 version though, it's better than the 360 beta I think but seems like they're close to 30 at least all the time. And I usually buy multiplayer games for the PS3, like most of my friends :rolleyes:

I think that was sarcasm...?

Hey, I said they were among the best. :LOL:

But yeah, specifically the characters look nice, and it's got some great textures too. The last cutscene is the most impressive, DICE's got a good engine here. I'm still downloading the 360 version though. :)

Back