Battlefield 2: Modern Combat 360 info + Screens

NRP said:
Just got my 360 yesterday (whoo hoo!).

Bas The graphics and gameplay of this game are nowhere near what you could have enjoyed on even a relatively low-end PC for almost a year now.
So those screenshots at the start of the thread are not representative of the game? They sure as hell look a lot better than the PC version of BF2.

NRP said:
@rusty
This game is not even in the same league as Halo. The only thing this game has in common with Halo is that both have guns and vehicles.

erm... what? i never said it was in the same leage as halo (and by the way, i think i personally find it to be almost as enjoyable to play as halo 2 online even in this demo, if not more so because the shields in halo really do my noggin in) merely that i found the GAMEPLAY to be reminiscent of it in terms of it being a quick and fast arcadey shooter, with similar vehicles available (one flying, one tank, one fast ground attack) lending a similar feel to the game.

sorry if that offends your clearly beloved halo... but that's my opinion.

Dave Glue said:
So those screenshots at the start of the thread are not representative of the game? They sure as hell look a lot better than the PC version of BF2.

Not even close.

rusty said:
erm... what? i never said it was in the same leage as halo (and by the way, i think i personally find it to be almost as enjoyable to play as halo 2 online even in this demo, if not more so because the shields in halo really do my noggin in) merely that i found the GAMEPLAY to be reminiscent of it in terms of it being a quick and fast arcadey shooter, with similar vehicles available (one flying, one tank, one fast ground attack) lending a similar feel to the game.

sorry if that offends your clearly beloved halo... but that's my opinion.

Sorry, rusty. I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing your opinion. You are of course entitled to your opinion, and I'm glad you like the game. I prefer console gaming too, and I really wanted this game to be like the PC version. But it is not. It is completely different (in a bad way). I guess I'm just kind of offended at the direction EA/DICE took when moving this franchise to the consoles. I apologize if it seemed like I was directing that frustration at you.

My general sentiment is that I'm just sick and tired of seeing all the fanpeople on the Console Forum wetting their pants over these nextgen consoles and having unrealistically high expectations because of game videos, which so far are not representative of the actual games. People seem to think that the Cell CPU and the XB360 GPU are going to usher in some never before seen level of gameplay and visual fidelity, and it just isn't realistic.

The only thing that can be said of the XB360 at this time is that its games look a lot better than those on the first Xbox. But so far, they don't look as good as today's PC games. It's safe to assume this will also be the case for the PS3.

NRP said:
Sorry, rusty. I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing your opinion. You are of course entitled to your opinion, and I'm glad you like the game. I prefer console gaming too, and I really wanted this game to be like the PC version. But it is not. It is completely different (in a bad way). I guess I'm just kind of offended at the direction EA/DICE took when moving this franchise to the consoles. I apologize if it seemed like I was directing that frustration at you.

no problem... i haven't played the pc version so can't comment, but the direction they have taken battlefield does at least seperate it from GRAW's multiplayer experience whilst keeping it simple for the mass console market. i do appreciate more challenging games, but it's also nice to occasionally kick back into something.... effortless... :)

My general sentiment is that I'm just sick and tired of seeing all the fanpeople on the Console Forum wetting their pants over these nextgen consoles and having unrealistically high expectations because of game videos, which so far are not representative of the actual games. People seem to think that the Cell CPU and the XB360 GPU are going to usher in some never before seen level of gameplay and visual fidelity, and it just isn't realistic.

The only thing that can be said of the XB360 at this time is that its games look a lot better than those on the first Xbox. But so far, they don't look as good as today's PC games. It's safe to assume this will also be the case for the PS3.

sort of agree and disagree... on the one hand games haven't really shone yet but i honestly believe GRAW and Oblivion on 360 (my two most played games at the moment) are top of the line, easilly matching their own PC counterparts and, indeed, other recent pc games of their ilk. GRAW is let down by a relatively poor looking multiplayer, but the single player is quite simply put, the best graphics show we have seen to date in any released game.

Fight Night 3 and GRAW(single player) are hands down the best computer graphics ever seen in an actual game, so I don't see how you can say "they don't look as good as today's PC games"

Back