Battlefield 2: Modern Combat 360 info + Screens

Hardknock

Veteran
Battlefield 2: Modern Combatâ„¢ explodes onto Xbox 360â„¢, bringing the field of battle to life like never before. Bullets whiz by and score the environments around you, spent minigun shells rain down from hovering helicopters, and explosions shatter your field of vision. Delivering the over-the-top action of the award-winning Battlefieldâ„¢ franchise, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat lets you wage modern war your way.

With new maps taking you to Wake Island, the wilds of the Middle East and the snowy landscape of northern China, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat escalates the battles to a new level of excitement. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat also features all-new vehicles including snowmobiles and min-gun equipped vans that offer new ways to eliminate your enemies.

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat delivers the Battlefield franchise’s trademark multiplayer action on Xbox Live®, delivering ferocious 24 player online* battles. Fighting for one of 4 sides – the US, the European Union, the Chinese, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition - and armed with the latest modern weaponry, you are given full control over the 30+ vehicles in the game.

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on Xbox 360 also boasts class-leading online community features, including full in-game clan support, friends lists, voice over IP, and ultra-deep rankings and stat tracking both in-game and on the net.

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat also features an adrenaline-soaked single player campaign where you see both sides of a conflict in one of the most treacherous regions in the world – Kazakhstan. The revolutionary “HotSwapping†feature allows you to always be right in the heart of the non-stop action. Plunge headlong into the fog of war and ultimately choose sides in a furious showdown where nothing is as it seems

• Next-generation graphics deliver eye-bursting visuals, hurling you into the heart of the best-looking Battlefield ever.
• 16 maps including the 3 Xbox Live maps previously only available via download.
• Four new vehicles not previously available in the original Xbox version, including snowmobiles and vans loaded with mini-guns.
• Enhanced HotSwapping takes the revolutionary HotSwap feature even further.
• Ultra-deep online* features, including in-game Clan support, VoIP and a deep stat tracking system that allows you to replay battles to perfect your Battlefield strategy.
• All-new re-designed soldier classes lets you spot each kit at a glance.
• Take control of more than 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, amphibious craft and fast attack vehicles.
• Own the battlefield with more than 50 state-of-the-art weapons.
• Battle as US, EU, Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.
• Multiple solider classes including Assault, Sniper, Special Ops, Combat Engineer and Combat Support units.
• Power up your soldier by executing multiple kills quickly. Increase health, take more hits, do more damage and become an unstoppable force on the battlefield.
• Upgrade your unit with new equipment, including thermal vision for the sniper rifle and extra destructive mortar strikes.
• Get promoted through the ranks, from a Private to 5 Star General, as you lead your army to victory.

360_01_large.jpg

360_02_large.jpg

360_03_large.jpg

360_04_large.jpg

http://images.ea.com/eagames/official/bf_moderncombat/us/newsletters/360_05_large.jpg

Hardknock said:
Yeah it looks like an upgraded Xbox version, instead of the PC version. Did they both play the same pretty much?

Not at all. Commanders and Squads provide a whole different dynamic to the PC game. Not to mention support up to 64 players. This port is pretty disappointing in that respect, but as expected for EA.

How many games a la COD, Ghost Reckon, Counter Strike do we need?

I am kind of dissapointed by the amount of this games that are being highly anticipated.What about other different quality games?

Hardknock said:
Yeah it looks like an upgraded Xbox version, instead of the PC version. Did they both play the same pretty much?

Ive got a higher end PC and these models look better than the PC version. Does the xbox version look better than PC as well?

Not bad for people who cant afford a higher end gaming PC to run it becuase it really does require a high spec machine to play it anywhere this level of visual quality.

24 players is a little low, 32 would have been ideal. I never play 64 on the PC becuase it really ends up being a clusterf**k imo.

Looks good to me. I just hope for a stable framerate and better still if they don't have memory leaks. ;)

Nesh said:
How many games a la COD, Ghost Reckon, Counter Strike do we need?

I am kind of dissapointed by the amount of this games that are being highly anticipated.What about other different quality games?

Like Ghost Recon? Did you read this part?

Power up your soldier by executing multiple kills quickly. Increase health, take more hits, do more damage and become an unstoppable force on the battlefield.

wow , this looks alot better even from a 7800gtx pc.
If these screens are true and not photoshop faked -because with EA you never know- then i think that it could be the best 360 port to date.

Qroach said:
you don't have a point.

Course he does. I'm also quite tired of the same war/guerrilla/3rd person games coming out all the bloody time. The fact that the games happen to play slightly differently from each other is another issue. How many war/anti-terror/rocket-launcher games do we need, when most of them hardly even have a story?! Ghost Recoon, SOCOM, Battlehere, Warthere... they pretty much look the same, the point of the games are all pretty much the same... Don't see the point.

It's basically like having all these stupid football games no one really wants cause we all know PES is all we really need.

At least Splinter Cell and MGS differentiate from each other by having different stories...

Like all the games on bloody WW2... How many of those do we need?! It's so boring!

Oh and before you start telling me i'm only saying this cause i'm a fangirl, the above is valid for ALL platforms.

From my POV war games are but a fraction of the number of racing games! But I'd say most games aren't really needed. I'd prefer less quantity, higher quality. same as I want of TV. Unfortunately the rest of the world seems to think otherwise. 200 mostly cheesey low-quality channels with hideous compression artefacts is chosen over a possible dozen highquality channels with quality, diverse programming rendered at the best possible image quality. Apparently it's better to give people of choice of a million different crap options than limit them to only a few good options.

Shifty Geezer said:
From my POV war games are but a fraction of the number of racing games! But I'd say most games aren't really needed. I'd prefer less quantity, higher quality. same as I want of TV. Unfortunately the rest of the world seems to think otherwise. 200 mostly cheesey low-quality channels with hideous compression artefacts is chosen over a possible dozen highquality channels with quality, diverse programming rendered at the best possible image quality. Apparently it's better to give people of choice of a million different crap options than limit them to only a few good options.
Makes you proud to be British!

london-boy said:
Course he does. I'm also quite tired of the same war/guerrilla/3rd person games coming out all the bloody time. The fact that the games happen to play slightly differently from each other is another issue. How many war/anti-terror/rocket-launcher games do we need, when most of them hardly even have a story?! Ghost Recoon, SOCOM, Battlehere, Warthere... they pretty much look the same, the point of the games are all pretty much the same... Don't see the point.

It's basically like having all these stupid football games no one really wants cause we all know PES is all we really need.

At least Splinter Cell and MGS differentiate from each other by having different stories...

Like all the games on bloody WW2... How many of those do we need?! It's so boring!

Oh and before you start telling me i'm only saying this cause i'm a fangirl, the above is valid for ALL platforms.

Exactly ;)

london-boy said:

no, i honestly think complaining about too many of a certain type of game, when there's so few games or so many games, is a bloddy waste of time and pointless. If you don't like them, don't buy them and pipe down I say. I mean I can understand somone complaining about "bad" games, but when it's a good game, why bother?

london-boy said:

In the states these games have been for the most part reviewed with high scores and have sold very well. So in NA at least thats why we'll see a steady stream of these types of games until the genre/theme is beaten to a bloody pulp.

In all fairness though i think we're at the point with games where the 80/20 rule is starting to kick in. Thats 80% of the games types/themes out there could be 'covered by 20% of them, the rest are just knock-offs. Youve got the entire FPS family, the rts family, the platformer family, the rpg/mmorpg family, then you apply different skins to each of those. Theres just not much left to do with gaming until someone breaks the mold.

SO i agree with what youre saying here but i do think we're picking on this genre unfairly...

Back