Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3 & Xbox 360)

Well, in real life, an M60e3\e4\mk44 is easy to use control, and matches\beats most AR's in effective range. Its designed to be fired from the hip, and contrary to popular believes, a trained SF soldier can easily wield M60's with assault barrels with very impressive accuracy at full auto. Newer guns probably even better.

Its balanced for gameplay.

And? What does real life have to do with anything? I'm talking about games. In BF2 and BF2142, if you weren't prone with the MG, you were likely not to hit anything at all at range. Here you can hit folks while standing.

Well, in real life, an M60e3\e4\mk44 is easy to use control, and matches\beats most AR's in effective range. Its designed to be fired from the hip, and contrary to popular believes, a trained SF soldier can easily wield M60's with assault barrels with very impressive accuracy at full auto. Newer guns probably even better.

Its balanced for gameplay.

I doubt that very much, short controlled bursts yes but auto? No... unless we are talkin about less than 20 meters dist or kneeled.

Just for funs.... :LOL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwsYy4e0_MY

Neverthess for games such as the BF series it should be a balance that gives most fun.

I doubt that very much, short controlled bursts yes but auto? No... unless we are talkin about less than 20 meters dist or kneeled.

And your proving this of some amateur getting a few shots of a with a M60?

German MG troopers where trained to also hip fire during battle(if they are not stationary) and that worked fine, with something as bulky and heavy as an MG42.

A m60e3\e4 with the lightest mods weights only 6-8.5kg, a trained soldier can fire this gun at full auto and maintain decent accuracy from the hip with tracer fire just fine.

Ehh, that rookie was just to show off the force of the gun!

And sure from hips with controlled bursts but full auto? That would be low accuracy but good suppressive fire.

Anyways I was under the impression that MG42's are more stable during full auto fire.

I have played a bit of the MP and SP and just wanted to give a mini-review.

I think it's the best military shooter this gen, better than COD4 offline and on. Great graphics, sound and the destruction will make all games without it feel hollow. The sense of combat is unreal. Chunks of building flying by your head as your vision is blurred and ears are ringing.

While it doesn't have the fancy scripted events of COD4 SP, it has large open maps and allows you to decide how you want to approach the objective. Tank? Boat? Air support? I've had some "oh s$%&" moments jumping out of my fiery tank and running across a field with tracer fire and tank round whizzing by. I love the fact that you don't even have to kill everyone on the map (unless it's the objective) and no infinite respawn cheap AI, the bad guys are all limited and re-act well to the situation.

Online is getting most of the talk and it is fun. I like the kits and un-lockables. I think Conquest mode will make it even better as will a few new maps. I would have liked 32 player maps with dedicated servers, but 24 is sure better than the standard 16 for P2P.

While the SP story is cheesy and far more tongue in cheek than COD4, it keep you moving along and the characters are at least interesting. I want to also add the save system is very well done and the healing method is better than the Halo-esque hide and regen stuff.

A few things I'd certainly like fixed and atleast the MP would go from being just good to great.

1. Players names. They need to appear a must faster on the player. Since it's hard to tell the enemy vs allies often, this indication needs to come on a lot faster. This is the worst when in close quarters with allies and enemies every where.

2. Better hit detection. There seems to be a lot of randomness going on in the shooting. Esp when you're trying to lead someone moving.

3. Better description of what weapon you got killed with. A lot of guns icons are hard to identify. Put the gun or weapon name that killed you in brackets.

4. Splash damage. BF2 on the PC had the right amount of splash damage with nades. Just implement that please. Right now, unless you catch one inbetween the teeth, it's not a big deal.

Not being able to see who's who is definetly a problem. Even on tanks and helicopters at a distance. I've had my tank blow up by a teammates tank, and I've had a medkit handed to me by an enemy medic instead of giving it to his teammate who was asking for it. I felt kind of for shooting them both.

Another bug has been discovered. Anyone who has collected more than a hundred dogtags will experience more lag. Dice are trying to fix this and until that time people who don't have a hundred dogtags will not be able to collect more after the hundred mark.

BF:BC revisited:

the sound and graphics in this game are fantastic and the MP is extremely satisfying. the animations and destructibility are better than any other MP shooter released at this point IMO

discounted retail price at $39.99 and a vibrant online community. Props to Repi and co.

I have to agree. Very good game indeed that has been made all the better now with the recent game updates.
Still one thing that really irks me though. Sometimes I will be running along minding my own business when I hear a vehicle rumbling noise behind me. I turn and breath a sigh of relief as I notice it's one of my own team driving the M1 Abrahams that is thundering towards me. 'I'll be ok' I think, then all of a sudden I am knocked to the ground and rather suprisingly run over by said M1 Abrahams!

I guess some people just can't be bothered to alter there course even for a fellow team mate. Does anyone know if points are deducted for running over team mates?

Ill concur as well. Got this game from GameFly and kept this one around a lot longer then expected. I thought the SP campaign was fun, slightly varied missions, and the destructible environments actually impacted the gameplay. I didn't get to the MP portion before I sent it back, but this is on my 'to buy' list.

I have to agree. Very good game indeed that has been made all the better now with the recent game updates.
Still one thing that really irks me though. Sometimes I will be running along minding my own business when I hear a vehicle rumbling noise behind me. I turn and breath a sigh of relief as I notice it's one of my own team driving the M1 Abrahams that is thundering towards me. 'I'll be ok' I think, then all of a sudden I am knocked to the ground and rather suprisingly run over by said M1 Abrahams!

I guess some people just can't be bothered to alter there course even for a fellow team mate. Does anyone know if points are deducted for running over team mates?

They are, but points are pretty easy to get. There's the matter of momentum, but mostly (and this has been BFs problem since the very beginning) is that most players are morons. When BF released BF2 (which had bots) I was surprised to see how lifelike the AI was when the bot beat me to an APC then drove off with it empty, running me over in the process.

I have to agree. Very good game indeed that has been made all the better now with the recent game updates..... Does anyone know if points are deducted for running over team mates?

yes -10 points for team killing ... you even get points deducted for team or objective damage not resulting in death.

that reminds me of another nice feature of MP. It rewards you for playing smart. If you cause minor objective damage, make assists, save a teammates life while in a firefight or similar events, you get credit.

as for the type of player... ALL MP games have asshats in them who do stupid things. To paint this game above others with that distinction is unfair. I could list innumerable experiences of good teammates in this game online just as I could list bad temamates in every other online shooter i've played. this game holds great value in MP. Maybe still not equal to the detail of a PC version but solid, deep, fun challenge nonetheless.

as for the type of player... ALL MP games have asshats in them who do stupid things. To paint this game above others with that distinction is unfair. I could list innumerable experiences of good teammates in this game online just as I could list bad temamates in every other online shooter i've played. this game holds great value in MP. Maybe still not equal to the detail of a PC version but solid, deep, fun challenge nonetheless.

I'm not holding it against it. It's a credit that the game works even with stupid teammates. It's been one of the strengths of Battlefield compared to something like RTCW or RTCW:ET (not sure if QW:ET was like it, didn't play enough).

yes -10 points for team killing ... you even get points deducted for team or objective damage not resulting in death.

A 10 point deduction isn't enough in my opinion. Perhaps the game could deduct a percentage of your health should you run one of your team mates over, or indeed shoot one.
I understand though accidents can and do happen and I should point out my little rant is aimed at a small minority of BF:BC players. The majority are in fact friendly and well behaved.

Back