Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3 & Xbox 360)

After trying the physics-less MoH demo i m glad to see that there are still some devs who bother with next gen physics in their FPS games. :D

Wasn't MoH supposed to allow you to crash through roofs and such?

yea the environments look amazing here. I'm really going to be overwhelmed with games. when is this due? It is miles ahead of the Port that came to 360 around launch (which was actually relatively fun) DICE does nice work!

Joshua:
MoH does not allow you to crash roofs (AFAIK from the demo) but you land on them and there is a pretty cool cover system in place,good lighting (the muzzle flash projected in a close up battle is very cool) , rag doll (helmets fly off etc) but physics otherwise pretty appear standard.

CoD4 does allow you to shoot through walls and wood floors etc appropriately (even in MP)

Saw the video over at gametrailers and even though it is alpha it runs horrible (10-15fps or less) and the LOD is very aggresive. But the destruction scope was good and it has better level design than BF2 from what can be seen IMO. :smile:

Some footage at xbox360. Amazing realistic graphics :cool:

Developer walkthrough Part1

[GT]24572[/GT]

Developer Walkthrough Part 2

[GT]24582[/GT]

The damage done in that video told me a 2 not so good things:

1. The damage is pre-baked\scripted.
2. That ruins the fun by a lot :(

From what it looks like is basically that all type of houses got different "damage zones", hit within that damage zone and it will blow up the exact same way every time (even if you hit in differen't locations, as long as their in the same "zone".)

It looks destructed parts have no weight. In other words, they are immediately disintegrated into dusts.

Saw the video over at gametrailers and even though it is alpha it runs horrible (10-15fps or less) and the LOD is very aggresive. But the destruction scope was good and it has better level design than BF2 from what can be seen IMO. :smile:

Frame rate looked smooth in the two videos posted above.

I think this game looks very good, and it seems to be somewhat of sandbox game as well.

Frame rate looked smooth in the two videos posted above.

I think this game looks very good, and it seems to be somewhat of sandbox game as well.

These new dev walkthroughs runs smoother than the other video (the video below). Although I wonder if they changed something to make it smoother.

[GT]24545[/GT]

And here is the part 3 of the dev walkthrough.
[GT]24605[/GT]

I like the fact that they get the developers to do these instead of some overly smooth PR dudes.

I just wish that this would come to the PC. :(

Since it is DICE's new technology, I imagine it will show up on the PC too. If not this particular dame, then perhaps the next PC Battlefield game.

On Gamersyde they started a thread of "most wanted games in 2008" and the only two I listed were Battlefield Bad Company and Battlefield 3 :p

There seems to be some confusion, though, on the platforms for BFBC: is it going to be on the PC as well or console only?

Back