Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3 & Xbox 360)

Repi, why the hell do you guys not make the console versions of BF more like the PC versions (by that, I mean more like BF2, BF2:SF, and BF2142)? If you did, you'd knock one out of the park. I guarantee it.

Yeah i dont get that. You should talk to your bosses or something repi.

The average gamer on the console these days that buy online heavy fps shooters want the same things that sell well on the PC.

Consoles gamers arent that different from PC gamers, aspecially not console gamers that buy these kinds of titles, thats just something your marketing crew has come up with (not really a shock, considering how worthless marketing education is).

Snipers aren't particularly strong in this game, seeing how you need 2 shots from even the strongest rifle to kill people except for the head. If your getting killed by snipers alot its because your to stationary (meaning your most likely camping something).

Maybe they are shooting me twice, it's not like I can see them and hide. All I know is 90% of my deaths come from a guy with a sniper gun next to his name and it kills the fun. They kick back at the edge of the map and kill you as soon as you spawn.

I plugged in my headset for the first time in over a year, yet not one person on my squad said one word for over an hour. I thought only the PS3 version of games get bashed for non-communication?

They should give players that respawn back at the base a few seconds of immortality. That should put an end to all the spawn killing. Its very sad what some people are willing to do for their K/D ratio. If you ever use the artillery gun you'll need to watch out for teamkillers. But you can always blow them up along with the artillery gun:D. I hate when they stay on it even after the objective has moved to the next base, I've respawned next to them often along side the whole squad. Having to walk all they way back to the base is very annoying.

The way some people snipe causes the same problems. They sit far away from from the enemy base so they are difficult to hit, but at the same time they can barely hit anyone because they have a very limited line of sight and cant provide cover fire where its most needed. And of coarse you'll also respawn next to these clowns. They should allow us to chose which squad member you want to respawn next.

Non communication on PS3 is also caused by bugs. Communications will often stop working during gameplay. Maybe they have the same problems in the 360 version.

They should give players that respawn back at the base a few seconds of immortality. That should put an end to all the spawn killing. Its very sad what some people are willing to do for their K/D ratio. If you ever use the artillery gun you'll need to watch out for teamkillers. But you can always blow them up along with the artillery gun:D. I hate when they stay on it even after the objective has moved to the next base, I've respawned next to them often along side the whole squad. Having to walk all they way back to the base is very annoying.

The way some people snipe causes the same problems. They sit far away from from the enemy base so they are difficult to hit, but at the same time they can barely hit anyone because they have a very limited line of sight and cant provide cover fire where its most needed. And of coarse you'll also respawn next to these clowns. They should allow us to chose which squad member you want to respawn next.

Non communication on PS3 is also caused by bugs. Communications will often stop working during gameplay. Maybe they have the same problems in the 360 version.

i think you will find these issues less bothersome the more you play.

I had no problem with spawn killing unless I spawned to "SQUAD" without paying attention and my squad mates had advanced into a fire fight. it's actually an ingenious solution to spawn camping IMO. All it takes is one guy to get out of the base and the whole squad has a safe respawn point. although if you're not paying attention to the action (at the spawn screen) on your squad mate when you re-spawn you sometimes spawn right in the middle of a fire fight where you and your mate get creamed. also be sure they are not an artilleryman or sniper sitting 2 miles form the battle. if they are just choose "Base respawn" where it should be safe unless your team is getting dominated.

In fact if working together with voice a smart squad would find a safe advanced spot and wait for his entire squad to form with them before attacking.

of course you would need people willing to communicate and work together. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they are shooting me twice, it's not like I can see them and hide. All I know is 90% of my deaths come from a guy with a sniper gun next to his name and it kills the fun. They kick back at the edge of the map and kill you as soon as you spawn.

Just spawn to your squad??

Just spawn to your squad??

I did. I'll try the zig-zag movement, never stand still technique tonight. I still think the concept of sniping is kind of cheap for this type of game, kind of how mines annoyed me in Warhawk. Death from afar with no risk.

I did. I'll try the zig-zag movement, never stand still technique tonight. I still think the concept of sniping is kind of cheap for this type of game, kind of how mines annoyed me in Warhawk. Death from afar with no risk.

Smoke out when you run through open areas and stay close to your squad or covers where they don't have good angles. Usually when you're learning new maps you'll get picked off the most since you'll hesitate and not have the flow of the map down. Once you get used to a map and gameplay, you'll notice sniping to be less of an issues. If you really wanna hate snipers, play Counter Strike :)

when a sniper kills me once on respawm, I rethink my strategy, when he kills me a 2nd time, I repawn as a Recon and find the focker and take him and his cronies out myself. If you have a team working together (or even a few good players) snipers should not be able to pick you off for very long.

i think you will find these issues less bothersome the more you play.

I had no problem with spawn killing unless I spawned to "SQUAD" without paying attention and my squad mates had advanced into a fire fight. it's actually an ingenious solution to spawn camping IMO. All it takes is one guy to get out of the base and the whole squad has a safe respawn point. although if you're not paying attention to the action (at the spawn screen) on your squad mate when you re-spawn you sometimes spawn right in the middle of a fire fight where you and your mate get creamed. also be sure they are not an artilleryman or sniper sitting 2 miles form the battle. if they are just choose "Base respawn" where it should be safe unless your team is getting dominated.

In fact if working together with voice a smart squad would find a safe advanced spot and wait for his entire squad to form with them before attacking.

of course you would need people willing to communicate and work together. :p

I've had spawn killers sit right behind the spawn point at the base waiting with the shotgun. And you can only spawn at up to 3 squad members. If they are all dead you can only spawn at the base. It seems most people dont know what "Your the last one alive" means. There also seems to be a bug causing you to change spawn point without the squad member you intended to spawn next dying. And a bug that resets the last chosen class.

A rare thing happened to me last night, a medic handed me a medkit. Most medics prefer to keep them all to themselves. And I've never seen one drop medkits a good sniping or cover fire spot as back ups. Another thing that never happens is people shooting at tanks after I marked them with a tracer to make scoring a hit easier. But thats understandable as most people will play as the assault class exclusively. So when ever a tank truns up they all run the other way complaining how indestructable tanks are. Dice should have made all those item that destroy tanks easily standard equipment instead of unlockable. Their promis that unlockable weapons wouldn't be more powerful is pretty hollow. I dont like this new trend of progressively more powerful weapons. It only creates a bigger void between long time players and newcomers. I dont like being set up to lose when I start, and I dont like killing people that are set-up to lose. I prefer an even playing field where skills are what matters.

yea, there are more stupid people playing than not.

more intelligent team mates makes your experience less frequent.

oh and yes I've had spawn campers with shottys behind me before as well and if you and 3 of your mates can not take him out after a spawn or two, then something is wrong.

This game can be really fun to play, but mostly it's just gets annoying - The FOV is so narrow it's impossibly to tell where you're being shot from. You can sit in a corner of a building and still be snuck up on. Many times you get knifed in the back and don't get a single warning from sound or anything before it happens, you can't hear them coming and certainly not see them...

I can understand that they have a narrow FOV to ease up the rendering but for me it's gamebraking. Navigating indoors is a pain also.:cry:

I dont really get people who keep complaining about spawn camping. I have never had an issue with this, sure i have gotten killed right after i spawn, but your team and you should be able to counter that the next time you spawn.

If your unable to prevent it from going on and on, i say, your team and you just suck, its not the game faults, its your own.

If you get sniped, you throw a smoke grenade, or just run like hell for a tank or something. If somebody is waiting near you with a shotgun, you take him out, if your not capable of shooting him, grenade him or something. If you and the rest of your team is incabaple of handling some spawn killers its usually just you.

I have never had any problems with spawn killing in any game, sure, i have gotten spawn killed, but after getting shot once i usually know where the enemy is, if i got sniped, i know where to hide instantly upon spawning based on his last known postition, and how to flank him. I

When i see people getting repeatedly killed by spawnkillers, it reminds me of how birds fly into mirrors. I understand that the bird gets fooled by the mirror upon first glance, but i dont understand why the bird doesn't try to atleast avoid the other bird!

To me, people who get spawn killed continously are just like that bird, most spawn killers are stationary, meaning its not particularly hard to try to move away from danger instantly upon getting killed, yet i see people get killed again and again, from the same exact position, after so many repeated deaths, shouldn't you try to counter it, instead of doing the exact same mistake every time? I dont get it, i guess this is how camping works. I just dont understand why it works this way, when i get shot by a camper or spawn killer, i remember where he is, so i can look out for him, most campers are very stationary making killing them on the next encounter simple.

Its more about the fact that people take cheap shots at you and the game allowing it then getting killed repeatedly. I certainly haven't been able to rely on my teammates for much in this game. Which brings me to another point. All these dumb players are unbalancing the game. Winning as a defender is easy because even without teamwork a few campers can be very effective. Winning as an attacker is lot more difficult and requires more teamwork which rarely happens. No matter how well you play you can't win without help. That should be a good thing but because you cant create your own party it isn't. Imagine all the great strategies you could make if they allowed that. It would be a completely different game. Clans would dominate it.

Its more about the fact that people take cheap shots at you and the game allowing it then getting killed repeatedly. I certainly haven't been able to rely on my teammates for much in this game. Which brings me to another point. All these dumb players are unbalancing the game. Winning as a defender is easy because even without teamwork a few campers can be very effective. Winning as an attacker is lot more difficult and requires more teamwork which rarely happens. No matter how well you play you can't win without help. That should be a good thing but because you cant create your own party it isn't. Imagine all the great strategies you could make if they allowed that. It would be a completely different game. Clans would dominate it.

yes. if you check most peoples' stats you will find attackers win like 15% of the time across the board.

I think the new game mode (DL coming) Conquest will add some excitement too.

I actually think clans would ruin the game unless they could only play other clans because a focused team would absolutely destroy the hodge podge of general pop players.

Of course a match with a coordinate team is how this game is designed to be played and would be quite a treat. :)

Playing against clans as a casual player is probably a bad thing. In theory good match making should avoid that but thats like wishing for a perfect world. Clans are best of playing custom matches against other clans. Instead of scoring easy wins against unorganised players. The Gold rush mode isn't really suitable for clanwars because the objectives are uneven. I'm looking forward to the Conquest mode.

if i got sniped, i know where to hide instantly upon spawning based on his last known postition, and how to flank him.

How? I must be missing some indicator, all I get is some red arrow thing that gives you a general direction and it's so quick I often miss it. Is there something else? There is no kill cam, does the map show something?

And how is it a guy with a knife always win vs a guy with a M60? Boy I hate that.

How? I must be missing some indicator, all I get is some red arrow thing that gives you a general direction and it's so quick I often miss it. Is there something else? There is no kill cam, does the map show something?

upon your death the camera pans in the direction from which the shot was fired to show you the orientation on the map. Not a kill cam but a good idea where to look if you know the map

Laughably inaccurate weapons are another trademark of the Battlefield games.

Actually, I was surprised at how deadly the MGs are at range. Things that would have me scattering fire all over in BF2 led to several quick kills.

Actually, I was surprised at how deadly the MGs are at range. Things that would have me scattering fire all over in BF2 led to several quick kills.

Well, in real life, an M60e3\e4\mk44 is easy to use control, and matches\beats most AR's in effective range. Its designed to be fired from the hip, and contrary to popular believes, a trained SF soldier can easily wield M60's with assault barrels with very impressive accuracy at full auto. Newer guns probably even better.

Its balanced for gameplay.

Back