First Killzone screenshot/details? So says USAToday..

Well I´m right on the things I have pointed out, right?;)

Sarcasm aside? No. You're picking at nits you don't even understand.
On a related note, I wish it took as few clicks to add to my Ignore List as it does to remove from it.

Yes I agree. You can make most games look good if you SS them when in motion....

Or it can be the other way around? I think i remember a thread(s) where it was said that SS doesn´t do a game justice, you have to see it in motion. So i guess the only real way to judge games in the future is by either seeing a 1st rate video with very low compression at the games native resolution on ISF calibrated screen that supports the games res.

Or wait till you play it yourself?

This screenshot bickering is getting somewhat tedious, the trailer looks amazing fuck the SS. But would the game engine run Halo 3 and look just as good as Halo engine? doubtfull, thank god it´s 2 different games that both look amazing in their own right.

This thread should have been locked ages ago. :???:

No, in fact, it has been one of the very few (only one?) threads that shouldn't have been locked ages ago. It was doing quite well actually. It may be slipping a little now, but even just a page back or so there was some very valuable talk about the recent tech presentation.

I think it is about time that some people get some warnings. A certain someone's arrival at this thread has had a clear influence on the quality of the discussion.

EDIT: hmm, or instead of a page back maybe I was thinking of this thread instead. ;) http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1041055#post1041055

Last edited by a moderator:
Has been a decent thread until we start responding some negative common like "I dont like the art direction". How does that add to the thread? Also how does it add responding to it?

Has been a decent thread until we start responding some negative common like "I dont like the art direction". How does that add to the thread? Also how does it add responding to it?

That's no different then someone saying 'I love the Art Direction and the shaders they use.'

Which has been going on for ages. This is simialr to the Gear hype that happened.

As long as the game delivers (which sadly we are months/year away from finding out) it all moot.

This by far isn't a Day 1 for me, but if things turn out nice, I'll be right there buying, and hopefully agreeing with all the hype.

I'm curious, do you guys think the hype will die down once other, better-looking, 2008 games begin popping up (see Resident Evil 5)? Or will it remain as-anticipated as it is now because it is now the Playstation's "mascot" shooter?

Too little is known about both. It's not about the looks only anyway. For KZ2, I am intrigued by the DR technique, the play mechanics (first person cover + destructible environment + weather), plus the atmosphere and chaos. In fact, I don't even know how and why you want to compare these 2 games.

That's no different then someone saying 'I love the Art Direction and the shaders they use.'

Usually when someone makes a positive comment like that, there isn't much to add and most take it as personal opinion. When a negative comment like "I dont like the art direction and don't see DR benefits" without giving must backing to why, it just stir others to respond.

I'm curious, do you guys think the hype will die down once other, better-looking, 2008 games begin popping up (see Resident Evil 5)? Or will it remain as-anticipated as it is now because it is now the Playstation's "mascot" shooter?
You seem to have answered your own question already! BTW what in Resident Evil 5 impressed you as a better-looking 2008 games?

Just from this thread do you get the impression the hype will go down even when other potential better looking games come onto the radar?

Its also a flagship shooter for the PS3 and a lot of people are keeping an eye on it for different reasons, thus more hype (or anti-hype).

You seem to have answered your own question already! BTW what in Resident Evil 5 impressed you as a better-looking 2008 games?

Mostly, the number of characters on the screen at once while maintaining AMAZING visual fidelity.

sorry, untill i c one under my radar, but certainly not Res5.

Mostly, the number of characters on the screen at once while maintaining AMAZING visual fidelity.
the enemies are far less detailed than Chris, the buildings and trees at distance seemed low poly and low res textured. the amazing thng about res5 is the bright HDR and self-shadows, plus good use of motion blur and amazing details on Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is a good point. KZ2 is one of two 2008+ games that have been shown recently, and until we see Alan Wake, CoD5, Gears 2 and Dead Rising 2 we don't know whether it will remain the top game or fall back a bit.

This is a good point. KZ2 is one of two 2008+ games that have been shown recently, and until we see Alan Wake, CoD5, Gears 2 and Dead Rising 2 we don't know whether it will remain the top game or fall back a bit.

and you think the visual of Killzone 2 wont improve from now until it release in early 2008?

More important by then is gameplay and execution. KZ2 will remain a top interest if it manages more than 'run around and shoot things like every other shooter'.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we
need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Killzone (PS3)" [Video Game]
Estimated arrival date: 22/02/08 - 23/02/08

Poo. I am so looking forward to playing this.

and you think the visual of Killzone 2 wont improve from now until it release in early 2008?

Please point out where I said anything remotely close to that. I have Alan Wake in that list of games we need to see, and that was shown awhile ago (the reason we need to see it again is that it has probably gotten better).

In all honesty, it would depend on a lot of things I have no clue about. For example, console devkits have traditionally had more RAM than the consoles. This isn't true for the 360, but if it holds for the PS3 then it might have less texture detail and such. I have absolutely no clue though.

Back