First Killzone screenshot/details? So says USAToday..

You mean the trick of using 16 shades of grey on everything? :p
Probably he means some "soften edges" technique or something similar.
GoW has a desaturated pallet with grey,brown,green and touches of other colors while KZ2 (from what i have seen so far) is more like 99% grey and touches of other colors.

i couldnt really tell with the 2 vids ive seen, is kz2 using a true unified lighting model?
ie theyre not using lightmapping mixed with shadowmaps

helghasteyesoj8.jpg

quite impressive :devilish:

helghasteyesoj8.jpg

quite impressive :devilish:

Yes I agree. You can make most games look good if you SS them when in motion.
Unfortunaly in-game doesn´t look that good.

one can argue how many static lights were shown in the trailer, but i would hold the claim till the killzone tech talk which would b on 24th-28th july?

Yes I believe they said the same.:cry:

Ok, lets look at the positive side.
Do you guys think the AA in this game is insane? I don't see any single jaggy in this game. How can this be possible?

Probably because of small SS or BS, the game has 2xaa but they are going to add 4xaa instead of 2xaa.

No game has every dynamic light casting shadows.

A wise man once told me:
"You need to relax, a lot of your recent posts are very biased or written with very little knowledge of what's really going on."

Come on. You`re the one tearing bad screenshots apart lately, then if there`s a good one it suddenly isn`t what the game looks like ? :LOL:

Come on. You`re the one tearing bad screenshots apart lately, then if there`s a good one it suddenly isn`t what the game looks like ? :LOL:

When you say bad screenshots you mean in-game?
And when you say good screenshots you mean cutscene/BS?
:LOL:

Yes I believe they said the same.:cry:

Probably because of small SS or BS, the game has 2xaa but they are going to add 4xaa instead of 2xaa.

What? :rolleyes:

Killzone 2 looks heads and shoulders above pretty much 90% of games out there

Give credit where its due bucko

I think we should wait until more ingame ss/videos are released since they are going to change things in the game (read the KZ2 tech thread in the console tech forum). But as of now yes I would agree ~90% head and shoulder above other PS3 games.

By the way 'bucko' means 'friend' in a downtalking way unless I missunderstood it or is it someother language (just wondering)? :smile:

Well that´s your opinion, mine is not the same.
I could show you games that blows KZ2 away but I do not, because this forum has rules against comparing games.

Instead of writing: "Killzone 2 looks heads and shoulders above pretty much 90% of games out there"
which soon or later may start a game comparasion war, write instead what you think looks good in the game if you have time to do so friend.

my 50 cent about KZ2, i dont get this all hype. Sure trailer was awesome and was pretty close to cgi they showed 2 years ago but as for game itself KZ1 was preety average game (IGN 7.5 gamespot 6.9) and they have to prove that KZ2 will be MUCH MUCH better game. Sure gfx is nice but how about gameplay is it going to be as good as Halo3, cod 4??

I could show you games that blows KZ2 away but I do not, because this forum has rules against comparing games.

Instead of writing: "Killzone 2 looks heads and shoulders above pretty much 90% of games out there"
which soon or later may start a game comparasion war, write instead what you think looks good in the game if you have time.

That wont do any good at all. Flaws and nice things (impressive stuff) are discussed and pointed out earlier in this thread, no need to repeat it all.

I think we should wait until more ingame ss/videos are released since they are going to change things in the game (read the KZ2 tech thread in the console tech forum). But as of now yes I would agree ~90% head and shoulder above other PS3 games.

By the way 'bucko' means 'friend' in a downtalking way unless I missunderstood it or is it someother language (just wondering)? :smile:

Nah you were correct the 1st time ha :LOL:

if i was to be downplaying him i would of called him a mallaka :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

but i am a nice greek ;)

which soon or later may start a game comparasion war, write instead what you think looks good in the game if you have time to do so friend.

What Nebula said

but on that note..if people were fooled into thinking the trailer was all CGI it must mean something no ?

Back