Sunset Overdrive: From Insomniac Games [XO]

Kind of same here. The game looks surprisingly beautiful beautiful beautiful...It's crisp, detailed... and artistically very fine to look at.
I guess the disaster of Fuse and the pre-release interest in the comical, cartoony agent concept defined where Insomniac went with this new game, and rightly so. It's a great fit for the company.

We'll be getting some more information on Sunset Overdrive next week. They will also be taking & answering questions with the email they provided in the video below. Excited to see more of this game! So colorful! I currently have Quantum Break and the next Halo game at the top of my list but I might pick this one up if it turns out to be good.

I'm very impressed ... love the fluffy , cloud like explosions (they're teddy bear heads , lol) and the PhysX type fluids .
I hope the gameplay is good enough , loved Resistance 3 - didn't bother with Fuse though .
Seems that Insomniac is back doing what they do best .

The art style isn't my bag at all as I've mentioned several times, but the trailer is almost good enough to overcome my aversion.

Didn't you like Jet Set Radio Future ?Color set and backgrounds , buildings , rails etc. look almost the same .

Damn you Insomniac. I just bought me a PS4 a few weeks ago. Not that I am not super happy with my purchase.

But this? This...I want this game. Its a game with personality

I dont have the budget or space to have another console. At least not soon

Is this owned by MS?

@Mods: THere was already a thread for the game. We should merge it with that one.

As for the game, I like some stuff and don't like the slow pace of the shown gameplay. I was expecting fast paced madness. And somehow it feels Infamous-esque. I am not that excited by the reveal, maybe I was expecting something fresher than this.
I think its the pace....I was ready to see fast paced weirdo madness. instead I see a very colourful TPS which seems slower than Infamous. More like RnC speed for the character.

Damn you Insomniac. I just bought me a PS4 a few weeks ago. Not that I am not super happy with my purchase.

Is this owned by MS?
That's the stupidity of multiplatforms and platform exclusives. You always have to miss out on something, or run multiple consoles. IMO Insomniac should have gone with their agency idea, or this, but cross-platform. I guess they got burned with Fuse and wanted the security of a platform exclusive.

Is this owned by MS?

Owned by Insomniac, published by Microsoft. One of the reasons they actually partnered up with MS was because they wanted to have IP ownership. Why they decided to partner up specifically with MS and make this Xbox exclusive, who knows. $$$ talks I guess.

Almost certainly a good business deal with MS. That's why any developer sides with any publisher. I imagine something like showing it around, interest being mediocre from other pubs including Sony, and then MS being keen and offering a lot of support (and money!). It's the same reason Media Molecule went straight to Sony - the new startup found an enthusiastic partner in Sony (Phil Harrison) and felt at home, despite all coming from a previously XBox only dev.

That's the stupidity of multiplatforms and platform exclusives. You always have to miss out on something, or run multiple consoles. IMO Insomniac should have gone with their agency idea, or this, but cross-platform. I guess they got burned with Fuse and wanted the security of a platform exclusive.
Let me tell you, I don't agree with that at all. As much as I would want Gran Turismo on the Xbox One, or The Last Guardian, differences make console gaming much more interesting --I'd have to buy a PS4 for that.....

Consoles on the Sega vs Nintendo era, PS1/N64/Saturn/Dreamcast era had much more exclusives than these days. Was it a different market? Perhaps, but if gave personality to your purchase and choices. :smile2:

I don't want this game on a PlayStation or a Nintendo, tbh --nothing to do with their fans.

This is the cover of the game:

BnNJVYZCUAAV6Yv.png

Let me tell you, I don't agree with that at all. As much as I would want Gran Turismo on the Xbox One, or The Last Guardian, differences make console gaming much more interesting --I'd have to buy a PS4 for that.....

Consoles on the Sega vs Nintendo era, PS1/N64/Saturn/Dreamcast era had much more exclusives than these days. Was it a different market? Perhaps, but if gave personality to your purchase and choices. :smile2:

I don't want this game on a PlayStation or a Nintendo, tbh --nothing to do with their fans.

This is the cover of the game:

I completely agree. Exclusives are the best thing in console gaming!

Want to play SO...buy a One :)

Insomniac delivers again it seems!

Insomniac delivers again it seems!
Let's not go overboard, they've only delivered a gameplay video, not a critically acclaimed game - nobody impartial has played it yet :!:

Lot's a games are great fun for an hour or two but get old thereafter. I want to see more about how they'll keeping me playing in the long-term, what they will do to introduce variety and keep it feeling fresh. For example, in R&C you progressed between different planets with very different vibes, you had different enemies, you bought new weapons and gadgets and powered up the ones your had. There were reasons to backtrack and get to areas you couldn't get to before. The plots were pretty good and the writing funny.

They've shown a mere glimpse, what is the draw to keep me playing 10 hours after starting? Is longevity predicated around multiplayer? So many questions for a sunny Saturday morning!! :)

Being a Insomniac fan that I am(I even had fun in coop in the FUSE demo), looks like I am not as floored by it as some of you guys ! Everything looked "okay' to me. RnC+Infamous vibes and I like both RnC and Infamous, but the action did not feel satisfying or immersing in any way from the gameplay trailer. It felt lukewarm, restrained and a bit slow for the crazy theme they seem to be trying to portray.

Will wait for E3. Hope INsomniac's fortunes turn around after FUSE debacle. Ted Price and team were my number 1 heroes at one time !

Lol, so they own the ip, but Microsoft are publishing it and have funded it, while they may own the ip surely this will have the same result as if they didn't. It won't be on another platform just like their Sony efforts.

Game looks neat. Just wished it was fully co-op in campaign(thought I read it wasn't).

BTW, MS publishing contract might not include PC or mobile platforms. Or it might be a timed exclusive on the 1st game only. So they might be able to shop around for publishers on sequels or the other platforms.

Tommy McClain

Hm...but why would MS allow an MS funded game to release on an other platform. Halo and the later Gears didn't even get a PC release anymore...same for Fable iirc.

So, no chance that SO releases on PS4. Maybe SO 2...

Back