The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Will the next gen update run well on a 6700XT now? I'm about to get one and this is the game I'm most looking forward to revisiting.

It'll run fine as long as you're not planning on using RT.

FSR2 for some unknown reason also looks poor in this game.
I would like to use the RT but I guess that's out of the question without a DLSS 3 GPU which I'm not even considering. Sucks that my favorite game has such a terrible DX12 implementation.

It is offically in the game. The RT Mod provides a more "optimized" experience -- more performance for little to no image quality impact.
I see. I looked it up and it looks like a simple config file change. Does ray tracing work alright on AMD cards in this game? The only info I've seen is that it's unplayable due to stutter on AMD cards with RT.

Will the next gen update run well on a 6700XT now? I'm about to get one and this is the game I'm most looking forward to revisiting.

It's more a CPU limit than a GPU limit from my experience. At least with the GPU you can turn down the resolution, but on the CPU side there is no solution to the poor performance in RT mode.

What CPU are you running?

It's more a CPU limit than a GPU limit from my experience. At least with the GPU you can turn down the resolution, but on the CPU side there is no solution to the poor performance in RT mode.

I'm gonna get a 13700K so would a 6700XT be able to do RT with that?

This is what I'm referring to:

Performance is terrible but the stutter makes it unplayable regardless. From what little I can find of RT in this game on AMD cards, this is how it is in this game.

I'm gonna get a 13700K so would a 6700XT be able to do RT with that?

This is what I'm referring to:

Performance is terrible but the stutter makes it unplayable regardless. From what little I can find of RT in this game on AMD cards, this is how it is in this game.

Well the CPU should be fine! Performance wise I'd have thought the 6700XT should be plenty fast enough at lower settings but that video suggests some serious issues. Perhaps the mod can resolve them.

I see. I looked it up and it looks like a simple config file change. Does ray tracing work alright on AMD cards in this game? The only info I've seen is that it's unplayable due to stutter on AMD cards with RT.
I played it on 6800XT with all Ultra and at 1080p it's more than playable, for 1440p it's OK if you set 30FPS limit or use FSR.
Not perfect experience, but decent enough or you can lower few settings here and there to get a bit smoother. One thing which I couldn't get rid of is visible shader compilation stutter.

I played it on 6800XT with all Ultra and at 1080p it's more than playable, for 1440p it's OK if you set 30FPS limit or use FSR.
Not perfect experience, but decent enough or you can lower few settings here and there to get a bit smoother. One thing which I couldn't get rid of is visible shader compilation stutter.
So with ray tracing it didn't stutter like in that video?

So with ray tracing it didn't stutter like in that video?
If I maintain 60FPS or lock 30FPS it's fine, just stutters from shader compilation. It FPS drops to 57 or lower, stutter is bad and the worst it is around 37-44FPS.
To hit 60FPS I had to lower res to 1600x900 FSR Ultra Quality, but 1920x1080 it's there 95% of time.

The CPU limitations might be a bug, it seems overlays of various kinds are causing multithreading problems... somehow. Hopefully the patch will fix that, along with other things. Hybrid RT/SS reflections would help with both performance and filling in distant areas where the BVH drops off.

Back