Microsoft Xbox E3 2013 Events - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major Nelson's postings on Reddit are pretty cool. Seems like he's in full damage control now. Looks like all this bad publicity might actually be a good thing.

http://www.reddit.com/user/majornelson

[–]zaviex 2 points 16 hours ago
some good PR you guys have built today here. Why werent you guys doing this earlier? Im buying an Xbox One now to keep my consoles consistent but I was really considering the Ps4 strongly there for awhile.

[–]majornelson 3 points 9 hours ago
Been busy with other stuff - but you'll see me here as much as I can now.

[–]beta_crater 37 points 18 hours ago
Major Nelson! Thanks for actually being a part of the community! The feature I was most looking forward to on the Xbox One was being able to install a game and play it only from the hard drive without having to put the disc in. I understand why that went out the window when the 24-hour check-ins were scrapped. But could you please suggest to whomever that we get a compromise? Why not make it so that as long as you have a steady connection, you can play it without the disc, and if it tries to check-in but can't, you have to put the disc in to confirm that you still have it? I can't speak for everyone, I know, but it was a big selling point I was using to convince people to preorder the XB1 at the Gamestop I work at. A lot of our customers are parents who have children that aren't exactly careful with their game discs and that would have been a godsend.

[–]majornelson 53 points 18 hours ago
We want to bring that back as well.

[–]ArrowDawgX 2 points 6 hours ago
For the record, I don't blame you personally Larry. But at the same time, you need to understand just how badly MS has messed things up in the P.R. department this year. I am a HUGE Xbox loyalist. I haven't even owned another console not named Xbox since the N64 and Playstation 1. I took a chance on MS in 2001 because I always wanted an American company to do well in the game console arena, and up until now MS has done that. The Xbox 360 is dominating the North American market, which is all that matters to me.
But NOW, with the announcement of Xbox One and the P.R. screw-ups concerning DRM, privacy, forced use of the Kinect, and the free games with Gold promotion on the 360, it almost seems like MS is doing everything it can to intentionally DESTROY everything you guys have built. It's a REALLY REALLY SAD day for me personally.

[–]majornelsonmajornelson 4 points 5 hours ago
Thanks. I am pretty excited on the news coming up - I can't say much more, but come launch day I think you may be pretty happy.

Being the "Community Guy" he's been taking a beating, but it looks like he's taking it all on. Some of the comments on there make me ashamed to be a part of Xbox community. :(

Tommy McClain

yep... solidifies my opinion of reactionary, impatience and lack of comprehension in the current state of reporting whereby if you don't spew some nonsense immediately you are a day late.

I wonder if there is a name for when someone is shown clear evidence that conflicts with their perception of reality and they just generate in twisted understanding where it becomes even further evidence that they were right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back