Sunset Overdrive: From Insomniac Games [XO]

With everyone getting heated with up the MS announcements, lets cool the mood with this funky trailer :D !

Apparently its an open world shooter, first person or third, we don't know. It has the power of the cloud to back it up and , so, it seems to be an XboxOne exclusive.

The trailer is definitely fun and if the world can change everyday, as Ted said in the reveal above, it might actually be something very unique ! We once had a very similar idea for a kids game on the iPad of a world that is different everyday according to what players are doing that day. We also discussed servers and costs and like good small budget indies, dropped the idea :LOL: ! Looks like Ted can do it and do it in style !

I hope the gameplay is fluid and smooth. From the video I guess it will be a Third person shooter.

Looking forward to it! Seems interesting, also the use of the cloud. Style is cool as well, now bring up some crazy Ratchet and Clank weapons!

You know what i have real doubts this is an exclusive cos I was watching a lecture by Ted Price just yesterday and He said that the future is for the game to be on all screens , including tablets,mobiles and all game platforms. The new generation doesn't distinguish between different screens and FUSE is their first step to move out to all screens.

..... and now he announces an exclusive game ;) ?!?! I really don't think so. ...just speculating....but it say s MS presents so...

Last edited by a moderator:

Watched some parts of it. So, its a TPS but traversal is skill based and not automatic like Assassins Creed. SO all the jumps and slides are possible but are input based. Player customisation is also in.and those cool effects of "boom" and "Headshot" will be in game :D ! Their whole idea sounds very fun !

They also mention that they updates to the world can't be had if the player isn't always online, now that MS has removed that restriction.

Wish we see gameplay soon !

You know what i have real doubts this is an exclusive cos I was watching a lecture by Ted Price just yesterday and He said that the future is for the game to be on all screens , including tablets,mobiles and all game platforms. The new generation doesn't distinguish between different screens and FUSE is their first step to move out to all screens.

Did you ask him if that is the reason Insomniac only makes crap games these days?

FUSE, yes, it didn't excite me either, but Resistance 3 was a damn fine game. So, was a Crack in Time and frankly, I don't like Ratchet games much, but played A4One as PS+ freebie and it was classic PS2 Ratchet gameplay.

Yes, Insomniac is going downhill these days. Can't deny that. I even checked out Outernauts last week, and its like NinoKuni on Facebook. Good game.
I don't understand the reasons, but yes their good days seem to be over. Maybe they just lack the polish that others have perfected in games now.

FUSE, yes, it didn't excite me either, but Resistance 3 was a damn fine game. So, was a Crack in Time and frankly, I don't like Ratchet games much, but played A4One as PS+ freebie and it was classic PS2 Ratchet gameplay.

Yes, Insomniac is going downhill these days. Can't deny that. I even checked out Outernauts last week, and its like NinoKuni on Facebook. Good game.
I don't understand the reasons, but yes their good days seem to be over. Maybe they just lack the polish that others have perfected in games now.

I approve of your taste in games good sir! ;-)

I have quite a bit of faith in Insomniac tbh. Fuse I put down to a product of the cancer that is working with publishers like EA.

This looked intriguing to say the least. Certainly will be keeping my eye on it though.

This game looks terrible. It's too damn original and different. What's up with this cartoony and humorous crap? Don't devs ever learn that we are tired of new and experimental things, and all we want are copys of Gears? If Isomniac has any sense in them they'll rebrand this game with some more realistic graphics, a militaristic tone, and a serious world saving plot. And rename it to something more market apealing like "Close Call: Nation in dispair" or "Killing Squad: anarchy instaured". And definetely: GET EA's MARKETING TEAM TO DO CONSULTING!

When I click on the link this message appears "Currently down for maintenance".

I agree with RenegadeRocks that this is the kind of game that seems to be a multiplatform game on the making. It might be a temporary exclusive though.

How good is going to be, it depends...

If this game is multi-platform I am fine with it, because it means we can have a Ratchet and Clank game on the Xbox One some day. :eek:

I agree with RenegadeRocks that this is the kind of game that seems to be a multiplatform game on the making. It might be a temporary exclusive though.

If this game is multi-platform I am fine with it, because it means we can have a Ratchet and Clank game on the Xbox One some day. :eek:

You can be sure Insomniac wants to be on phones, tablets, consoles, PC at all times. I watched another panel from Quake COn yesterday and Ted was there too and He keeps repeating that the console space has changed and we need to change accordingly. Be on all screens...etc.

But the trailer here says "Microsoft Presents.." so if MS is the publisher, I guess it will stay on XBone and PC maybe.

MS's ecosystem gets you on more screens. You can be on phones , tablets , laptops , desktops , tvs.

Sony gets you tvs and a portable that is doing horrible in what is most likely their target market.

I'm also sure that having the financial backing of MS helps alot

MS's ecosystem gets you on more screens. You can be on phones , tablets , laptops , desktops , tvs.

Sony gets you tvs and a portable that is doing horrible in what is most likely their target market.

Your logic is right. and if MS is the publisher, it will definitely remain exclusive. It can come to PC as a full game though and the tablets , phones etc can be covered via side-games and apps. I am just saying Ted's latest philosophy seems to be on all devices, hence my speculation of this not staying an exclusive for long.

Well, to be honest...I hope not. I hope they focus only on the One and make use all resources just for this version to make it the best possible.

I don't see why developing a game for PS4 limits you to console + vita. It seems that a lot of games on both consoles are going to have companion apps on smartphones and tablets.

Sony owns the Ratchet IP so there's almost no chance of that happening.

I'm a huge fan of Insomniac games so I hope the game does well, but I don't see myself buying XBO anytime soon. I'd love a PS4 version at some point in the future.

I just want my nextgen Ratchet and Clank with an unholy amount of nuts and bolts on screen. I don't think Insomniac can compete in the FPS genre, the Pixar style platformer is where their roots are.

I don't see why developing a game for PS4 limits you to console + vita. It seems that a lot of games on both consoles are going to have companion apps on smartphones and tablets.

Sony owns the Ratchet IP so there's almost no chance of that happening.

I'm a huge fan of Insomniac games so I hope the game does well, but I don't see myself buying XBO anytime soon. I'd love a PS4 version at some point in the future.

if you make an exclusive sony title what other system will you be on ?

if you make an exclusive sony title what other system will you be on ?

Tablets, phones, vita , ps3 ! In fact Sony is clearing showing everyone that tablets work well with the ps4 and the ps4 UI can even be controlled via a tablet just like the MS stuff. If u have a ps4 exclusive, you can do everything that you can do being a xboxone exclusive.

Tablets, phones, vita , ps3 ! In fact Sony is clearing showing everyone that tablets work well with the ps4 and the ps4 UI can even be controlled via a tablet just like the MS stuff. If u have a ps4 exclusive, you can do everything that you can do being a xboxone exclusive.

The only Sony games on non sony platforms are from SOE and those are mmorpgs. I can't go and buy the last of us for my tablet or pc.

The only Sony games on non sony platforms are from SOE and those are mmorpgs. I can't go and buy the last of us for my tablet or pc.
No but if Sony wants to make a PS4 exclusive and make other platforms serve as companion devices they can do it and the game will still be a PS4 exclusive

Back