PS3 Owners: Why didn't you buy R&C, Uncharted, and Heavenly Sword?

wow, didnt know HS was over 700k... thats better than i thought.

as for Uncharted and R&C, i think they will eventually sell 1m worldwide.

I want Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and Rachet and Clank!!!

Problem is.....

I have no money

No time

And very few stores have them grrr

Joker, there are probably 6 million PS3s out there altogether, nowehere near 11 million. It's only around 2.6-2.7 million in the US, which still doesn't fully explain the 150-200k sales of these games.

You have two, by the way? :O

I was under the impression that it was more around 7.5mil+ PS3's sold. Euro has had major sales over the past month.

If I recall, it's part of a package in Europe like Motorstorm and like Forza2 and Marvel:UA on the 360.
No official HS sword package that I recall. Google throws up that it did exist but for France only. If France is anything like the UK, 60 GB bundles are hard to come by too!

I was under the impression that it was more around 7.5mil+ PS3's sold. Euro has had major sales over the past month.
i'm guessing its around 6.5-7m. in North America, its around 2.6-2.7 (2.45 in the US and and i figure around 200k in Canada) and Japan is around 1.45. the only question mark is the rest of the world and my guess is that its around the same as the NA numbers, if not more.

Bought Heavenly Sword and will never get rid of it.

Ratchet and Clank is not really my kind of game...although I will probably get it during next years drought.

Bought AC and took it back after one week, wanted Uncharted but the store was out so I got COD4 instead. Now I plan on getting Uncharted for christmas.

I think that although the numbers look gloomy, these games will continue to sell well throughout the next year.

I have Heavenly Sword and Uncharted. Didnt get R&C as I'm not big on platformers, though the demo was pretty good.

I did buy Uncharted. When I'm done with crushing and get 100% I will be onto R&C.Not sure about HS,I wasn't too fond of the demo.

If I recall, it's part of a package in Europe like Motorstorm and like Forza2 and Marvel:UA on the 360.

Man, wish they'd release that package in the U.S. Motorstorm sucks (ok, it doesn't suck but it does get boring rather quickly). I wish my PS3 had come with HS or R&C or even Resistance.

I didn't buy these simply because I joined Gamefly, rented all three and played them through till the end! Much more cost effective for me. Currently working through Timeshift which is also a pretty fun. Once I complete most games once I almost never replay them (I spend a huge amount of time playing anyway).

I purchased Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted. Ratchet and Clank was a good update to mindless mario-esque platforming fun. Uncharted, on the other hand, was really something else. When I finished I was struck with the notion that, "this is the first next-generation game I have ever played". It does so much to propell the action adventure genre to the next level, and truly does come closer to melding movie and game than any other game I've ever played. It's as much a joy to play as it is to watch. Definitely my Game of the Year.

I wanted to buy Heavenly Sword, but despite the technical and artistic marvel it was, I found it too disjointed and clunky. If there is a sequal a lot of effort should go towards pacing and tempo.

My two cents.

Oninotsume

I've bought all 3!! I think the big problem with their sales figures has more to do with the ps3 install base.

Uncharted is the best looking game this side of Crysis if you ask me!!

Uncharted, on the other hand, was really something else. When I finished I was struck with the notion that, "this is the first next-generation game I have ever played". It does so much to propell the action adventure genre to the next level, and truly does come closer to melding movie and game than any other game I've ever played. It's as much a joy to play as it is to watch. Definitely my Game of the Year.

I wanted to buy Heavenly Sword, but despite the technical and artistic marvel it was, I found it too disjointed and clunky. If there is a sequal a lot of effort should go towards pacing and tempo.

My two cents.

Oninotsume

Its strange how people get affected by a game in so different way.

For me HS had some great cinematics/cut scenes that was way better in script, acting, life and "prettynes", which I thought was way better than Uncharted.

Could it be an EU/US thing? Ie HS is a UK production, while Uncharted is a US production and personally with being from Norway, I just love the english witted humor compared to more deadpan american humor, just a thought.... :)

Maybe it's worth considering that most of the big PS3 titles like R&C have a definite replay value. Especially Uncharted, and while you're really getting your monies worth out of one game is it worth buying anymore apart from for the bragging rights?

Back