PS3 Owners: Why didn't you buy R&C, Uncharted, and Heavenly Sword?

Not sure this is the right forum to ask the question. Seems like a high adoption of these games here. The question is why other PS3 owners aren't buying these titles. If no-one has bought them, great, we can benefit from their reasons. However, we really need to find some people we know haven't got 'em and ask them why!

Well, I'm not sure about this, so it's just a guess on my part.
But if I see really hyped up games like AC and CoD4, which got quite some advertising too here both going for 59.99 and 64.99 euro's, and next to it, I see a fairly unknown game (new IP) like Uncharted, without much hype, nor advertising, for 74.99, I think the choice for many people is made here.
(These are Belgian prices btw, don't know anything about pricing in other countries)

It's just a guess though, but pricing is imo still a big factor.

I commented on this some time ago too. Retail prices are high for PS3 games in normal stores.

That's true, but it's still were most people actually buy their games.
The people who buy online are still a small part I think.

I have 2 of the 3. I really don't like R&C much. I more into Jak games...are sandbox type games. I didn't buy COD4 or AC. COD4 because of the rumor that PS3 ports are bad, AC because i flatout thought the game sucked. Horrible story , clunky controls, bugs, and it boring when you look past those.

Forget about bad ports. Get COD4. It's amazing.

Not sure this is the right forum to ask the question. Seems like a high adoption of these games here. The question is why other PS3 owners aren't buying these titles. If no-one has bought them, great, we can benefit from their reasons. However, we really need to find some people we know haven't got 'em and ask them why!

Agreed. If you judge by users on this forum, all of the above would be multi-plat GOTY contenders.

I honestly think it's an issue of short game length, and lack of multiplayer. It makes these titles the perfect $8 rental, why shell out $60?

I have 2 of the 3. I really don't like R&C much. I more into Jak games...are sandbox type games. I didn't buy COD4 or AC. COD4 because of the rumor that PS3 ports are bad, AC because i flatout thought the game sucked. Horrible story , clunky controls, bugs, and it boring when you look past those.

PS3 version of the COD4 is awesome. 60fps all the way.

I have bought them all BUT if I didn't have the possibility to import these games cheap I would never have bought them. I know allot of people who would really like to buy these games weren't it not for those ridiculous high prices here in Europe. Uncharted and R&C are being sold in the shops for 70€ a 80€ (116$)

You can't imagine how many times I heared that people where standing with uncharted in their hands but eventually didn't buy it because it costs 70 €

I just got Uncharted yesterday. Well, I got my girlfriend to buy it for me as a christmas present.
Didn't get the other games yet.
Heavenly sword doesn't really appeal to me all that much.

And R&C, well, to be honest, every time I go into a gamestore I look at all these games, and every time again I get the feeling that they are way too expensive for what they are. Maybe that's just me, but I feel like I'm paying too much for a game when it's 60 euro's or more.
If those are common price discrepancies, I'm not surprised some titles are selling less! How do those prices compare with XB360 titles, where games are bought quite readily? RRP's as listed on Play are equal to or less than 3rd party titles, so in this case it would seem the stores are hiking up the price, but we'd need confirmation on that. If true, that's bad for Sony.

Yeah, and it sucks because it's all markup from the stores. They really shouldn't cost more than 50 euro basically. I've bought R&C and Uncharted together online via Amazon.co.uk for 100 euro. It's a pure scam, because Sony's titles are something like 51,99 euro RRP. Maybe I should report it to a consumer tv organisation. :p

Generally over here, 360 prices are either the same, or 2 euro less as PS3 counterparts.

I dunno about 50 Euro as they're listed as £50. What about Stateside? Are PS3 prices slightly elevated over there too?

In the states, PS3 game prices are the same.

Were I live (Portugal) a PS3 game costs 70 Euros. This is EXPENSIVE.
Compared to the price of games 500 euros for a console is cheap.
I'm only buying second hand games or imported from the US.
I ain't paing 70 Euros for a game that's for sure.

R&C - bought and sold very quickly. Whilst I can appreciate it's better points, it really isn't my cuppa tea, and personally I just found it to be a bit formulaic and plain dull.

Heavenly Sword - I'm afraid I may be in the minority here too, but I just found it to be frankly rather crap, dull, repetetive and incredibly short......fortunately I only rented this one.

Uncharted - it's on my list of games to buy, but at the moment I have a very very full 360 schedule to get through, so maybe it's one for me to save for the new year.

I have R&C and Uncharted (both imported from Canada - paid in USD).

I didn`t get Heavenly Sword because I didn`t like the combat controls in the demo . I got through with button mashing, but it didn`t feel tight enough for me to think about getting it.

I bought uncharted because I was done with all my other games for the year and wanted to give it a shot. Also, I got it cheap so that tipped the decision for me.

Ratchet. Not really for me. Better games with more replay value to choose from.

HS. A short game with no replay value. At $60, you need to offer either, co-op, MP, high replay value and/or a long engaging campaign.

With a limited time to play and owning both consoles, the pickings become quite different. And at $60 a pop, the game needs to sell itself.

I didn't buy any of those titles because I have a friend with whom I share games with who bought Uncharted and neither of us really want to get R&C. Heavenly Sword we felt was too short, and maybe just a rental game.

I will be getting Fifa08 and UT3 when exams end.

Back