videos of Next-Gen Sonic, AfterBurner, Virtua Fighter, HotD

one said:
Dr Evil said:
If Virtua Fighter 5 would be exlusive for X360, it would make big difference in Japan, ofcourse not enough to dethrone Sony, but definately it would sell lot's of units.
Well not more than exclusive DOA I bet... there are more grown men who like boobs than those who like a hardcore fighter :oops:

In the US maybe :LOL: Not Japan though.

Dreamcast DEAD OR ALIVE 2 Japan: 127,219 US:199,750
Dreamcast Virtua Fighter 3tb Japan: 308,707 US:96,416

Xbox DEAD OR ALIVE 3 Japan: 217,149 US:895,679
PS2 Virtua Fighter 4 Japan: 541,973 US:622,835

Just for comparison, Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Japan: 543,312 US:1,688,344

London-Boy is right, Dragon Ball Z bitch slap both DoA and VF :LOL:

PC-Engine said:
Dr Evil said:
one said:
Dr Evil said:
If Virtua Fighter 5 would be exlusive for X360, it would make big difference in Japan, ofcourse not enough to dethrone Sony, but definately it would sell lot's of units.
Well not more than exclusive DOA I bet... there are more grown men who like boobs than those who like a hardcore fighter :oops:

Oh ok, I thought VF was hugely popular in Japan :oops:

VF is hugely popular, especially if it's VF5 on Xbox 360. ;)

Why especially on X360?
The only reason i could think of is because it's the first version that will be available to consumers, and millions will want to play it at home. And MS kinda need that a lot.

V3 said:
one said:
Dr Evil said:

In the US maybe :LOL: Not Japan though.

Dreamcast DEAD OR ALIVE 2 Japan: 127,219 US:199,750
Dreamcast Virtua Fighter 3tb Japan: 308,707 US:96,416

Xbox DEAD OR ALIVE 3 Japan: 217,149 US:895,679
PS2 Virtua Fighter 4 Japan: 541,973 US:622,835

Just for comparison, Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Japan: 543,312 US:1,688,344

London-Boy is right, Dragon Ball Z bitch slap both DoA and VF :LOL:

I'm always right. :devilish:

PC-Engine said:
Uh how many units did VF4 move? ;)

Surely not as many as all the DBZ games on PS2 or GC.

See, Bandai have the luxury of pulling out a game every year without worrying too much about how the game plays, cause they know each game will sell about 3M copies worldwide, just on the name and updated graphics.

Hell, even the stories are still always the same, obviously. How many times can they shove a DBZ game down our throats?!!

I'd love to see a DBZ game done properly, but if it takes 20 identical games to get there, i'm not happy.

TEXAN said:
I was right the demo's were indeed running on the Lindbergh

http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=8760
Even assuming Spong isn't talking rubbish, there's no reason to conclude the demos are on the PowerVR arcade machine. PS3 and X360 will surely have arcade versions - perhaps Gamespy and Spong are both correct, and VF5 and HOTD were on X360 arcade hardware?

Anyway, I think they're both wrong. Clearly Chrome Hounds is running on the next gen N-Gage ;)

jvd said:
london-boy said:
Yep, from the tiny blurry thing VF5 looks too much like VF4 to me... Can't see anything! :cry:
the backrounds look eextremely nice and the characters were much higher detail than vf4 . Trust me i play vf4 all the time in the arcades .

I play VF4 in the PS2. I use to be a huge VF2 fan (still the best in my opinion). Can you pull off Akira's moves using the arcade sticks better than the ps2 controller?

I can pull off anyhting better in the arcades than on a ps2 stick. My opinon of the ps2 pad is that its very very bad .

Anyway yes i can pull it off with ease now in the arcades . I can do almost every move easily .

jvd said:
I can pull off anyhting better in the arcades than on a ps2 stick. My opinon of the ps2 pad is that its very very bad .

Anyway yes i can pull it off with ease now in the arcades . I can do almost every move easily .
.. I am most used to the SEGA Saturn pad when it comes to VF .... I am horrible at the arcades, but not bad with the Saturn pads ....... haven't tried the PS2 pads, though

Wunderchu said:
jvd said:

.. I am most used to the SEGA Saturn pad when it comes to VF .... I am horrible at the arcades, but not bad with the Saturn pads ....... haven't tried the PS2 pads, though

I have two saturn joy pads ( the arcade sticks ) that i use on the dc . its really good for vf3 tb

jvd said:
Wunderchu said:
jvd said:

I have two saturn joy pads ( the arcade sticks ) that i use on the dc . its really good for vf3 tb
cool :)

yea and vf3 tb is all we play . My sister has vf4 for the ps2 but we wont touch it , we tried but the controls were bad .

My father wants to pick up a vf3 or vf4 arcade machine but they are still to expensive . This one place near us has a vf4 machine and is going out of busniess so he is going to try and get a good game

ondaedg said:
I play VF4 in the PS2. I use to be a huge VF2 fan (still the best in my opinion). Can you pull off Akira's moves using the arcade sticks better than the ps2 controller?

VF4 has better input analysis than previous VFs. Pulling off moves are really easy in VF4, pad or arcade stick.

But Arcade stick is the way to go. You can get 1 frame input, and be really efficient with it. On pad, just by their nature, its more difficult to have efficient input. Triple throw escape is piece of cake on stick, where on pads, I could missed them from time to time.

And when you have to struggle out of stagger and the like, its quite painful to do it on pads. Where Arcade stick you just abuse it as fast as you could, really fun :)

jvd said:
yea and vf3 tb is all we play . My sister has vf4 for the ps2 but we wont touch it , we tried but the controls were bad .

My father wants to pick up a vf3 or vf4 arcade machine but they are still to expensive . This one place near us has a vf4 machine and is going out of busniess so he is going to try and get a good game

Didn't you say your dad got VF4 machine already ? VF4 machine is cheap now days.

V3 said:
jvd said:

Didn't you say your dad got VF4 machine already ? VF4 machine is cheap now days.
he was in the ends of making the deal and it fell through. We have other arcade units already though

jvd said:
Choosing to play VF3tb over VF4Evo is criminal.

I, just like most of the VF fans, act as if VF3tb never existed (especially the shoddy DC port made Genki).

Back