SEGA confirms Lindbergh board is NOT based on Xbox360 or PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
3roxor said:
And because it's still popular in Japan it makes more sence to realease it on the Ps3.

sigh this is just going around and around . Ps2 vf4 sold just as well in na as it did in japan .

On ps3 it will have many more fighting games to compete against . On the xbox 360 it will have a larger world wide installed base to sell on and will be up against most likely doa4 and thats it .

Putting it on the xbox 360 will only help both sega and ms . I"m sure it will come out on the ps3 too , but i doubt it wont come out on the x360 as it will only hurt sega

jvd said:
3roxor said:
And because it's still popular in Japan it makes more sence to realease it on the Ps3.

sigh this is just going around and around . Ps2 vf4 sold just as well in na as it did in japan .

On ps3 it will have many more fighting games to compete against . On the xbox 360 it will have a larger world wide installed base to sell on and will be up against most likely doa4 and thats it .

Putting it on the xbox 360 will only help both sega and ms . I"m sure it will come out on the ps3 too , but i doubt it wont come out on the x360 as it will only hurt sega

What do you mean it'll have a larger ww installed base? Current Xbox is below the Mendoza line for marketshare in the US, and that's its best territory. In Japan and EU, calling it a longshot would be putting it nicely. Unless VF is intended to be a launch titles (Q4 2005), putting their marquee title on the 360 would be yet another in a long list of short-sighted mistakes made by Sega. The PS3 will have the larger userbase barring a colossal mistake. I don't know if it's realistic to call this speculation. I know it's predicting the future, but there are some certainties in this world. This is one of them. PEACE.

It will have a larger "tie in ratio" with xbox360.
That should count for something, at least in PR :D
Or then it could be sold out in Australia... :oops:

What do you mean it'll have a larger ww installed base? Current Xbox is below the Mendoza line for marketshare in the US, and that's its best territory.

What does the xbox have to do with the xbox 360

You people fail to under stand that the xbox 360 will be out world wide for up to 6 months before the ps3 is released. We do not know if the ps3 will launch in na in march along with japan . However if it doesn't that will most likely bump up the x360s lead to a year in na and europe .

This is plenty of time to sell consoles . Which once again means ms will havemore systems on sold before sony even launches .

Remember for the first year or two sega had a larger installed base than sony. However sega jumped ship fearing nitendo and ms's entery into the market .

Ms will most likely enjoy the same lead and unlike sega will stay in the market and continue to sell systems . Thier goal is 10 million world wide in the first 12-18 months
The PS3 will have the larger userbase barring a colossal mistake.

explain to me how a just released console will have a larger installed base than a 6 month or older console ?

Your forgeting that the ps3 will be at 0 for 6 months or longer while the xbox 360 sells units .

So If ps3 launches in japan in march 2006 i'm sure it can sell more units than the x360 did in japan . However your still forgetting that there is europe and north america in which sony has not launched in and ms has been selling for 6 months to . If sony does do a world wide launch ms will still have been in those markets for around 5-6 months .

Its very hard to have a coneversation about the future when the people you are talking about don't seem to realise that a head start is a head start and depending on when sony launches ms can have a small lead or a bigger lead .

If sony launches in japan in march and then the eu and na during that fall ms can have a year lead to get the installed base higher .

Now I don't doubt that at some point sony will surpass the x360's installed base . But it wont happen right out of the gate and it will probl take at least 6-12 months after the world wide release to start to aproach ms's market lead .

Thus any games coming out in 2006 will find a bigger audiance on the x360 than the ps3 . Perhaps even for some of 2007 too .

Xbox360 would need to move massive units in 6 months. Then it would have to manage to not completely suck in EU and Japan at the same time. And then it would have to sell at a rate that would hold off a PS3 that's almost guaranteed to sell well in all three territories regardless of when it releases. 6 months isn't much time. No idea when VF will be released. And since Japan is as important as the US for a VF title, putting it on the system that managed to outsuck the GC in Japan is maybe not the biggest mistake ever, but not a very smart move...I M O. Past trends don't dictate future ones, necessarily. But where would you put your money? Let's say you're betting $10M, or whatever a game costs to make this coming gen. Tell me you'd put your money on the 360. :? I don't like losing my shirt, I stick to safe bets. I assume this is why most games worth a damn are coming to the PS3 already. PEACE.

EDIT: And I don't feel like debating this, so let's agree to disagree.

jvd said:
3roxor said:

On ps3 it will have many more fighting games to compete against.

Its closest rival probably be Tekken in PS3 and DOA in 360. I don't know where you got PS3 has more fighting games from.

This generation, both Tekken and DOA sold more than VF in the States. In Japan DOA3 is the best selling Xbox game. But its the lowest compare to VF and Tekken.

On the xbox 360 it will have a larger world wide installed base to sell on and will be up against most likely doa4 and thats it.

It'll get killed by DOA4. Unless of course Sega spruce things up and make things less technical somehow. It has better chance against Tekken6, since Namco screwed up Tekken4 and that effected Tekken5.

Only if MS pays large sums of money for exclusivity will it helps Sega.

If none pays exclusivity, just leave it in Arcade, until several revisions of it came out and then port it home to which ever console has the highest userbase. They need to balance the game first anyway, its most likely be broken during its first release. They'll need several revision to fix it, its always like that with fighting game. Beside they need to gather data for advance technique for tutorial and AI anyway.

Another thing is if they somehow compromise timing in VF5 to make it work for online play, that would be sux. And of course there is always that chance that VF5 will sux, just by looking at most things Sega been doing to their old franchises, after they restructured again and again.

Personally, I want to see VF5 go back to its root of VF1 and VF2 with its high damage gameplay for shorter round.

Xbox360 would need to move massive units in 6 months

Why ? Just how many units do you think sony is going to sell / supply for the ps3 launches . Any unit ms sells in those 6 months is 1 unit more than sony has sold .

Its very simple
even if it is only a 2million unit lead when your sub 10 million consoles that can be a huge diffrence

Then it would have to manage to not completely suck in EU and Japan at the same time.
In europe it shoudl do fine . The xbox is doing fine dispite its failures . I agree that in japan it would suck .But it should still sell decently esp with some of the exclusive rpgs and content like blue dragon . I think we can all agree in japan it will do better than the xbox

And then it would have to sell at a rate that would hold off a PS3 that's almost guaranteed to sell well in all three territories regardless of when it releases
is it ?

Remeber ms will have 6 or more months in some markets . It will also have a holiday to itself . You can bet that however many units they can ship to europe and na ths holiday will sell out ( i expect hte same for the ps3 if it launches around a major holiday )

6 months isn't much time
As i've said it may be as much as a year in some markets . Sony has not announced a world wide launch .

idea when VF will be released. And since Japan is as important as the US for a VF title, putting it on the system that managed to outsuck the GC in Japan is maybe not the biggest mistake ever, but not a very smart move...I M O.

Your forgetting that no one is calling for it to be exclusive . I've only claimed time exclusive because of the xbox 360's earlier launch date . I see no reason for not releasing on both systems esp when one system will be out in na for longer and have a bigger base .

Past trends don't dictate future ones, necessarily. But where would you put your money? Let's say you're betting $10M, or whatever a game costs to make this coming gen. Tell me you'd put your money on the 360. I don't like losing my shirt, I stick to safe bets. I assume this is why most games worth a damn are coming to the PS3 already. PEACE.
When are we talking about ? From nov - march i will put my money on the x360 .

From march foward it depends on sonys plans . Do they launch in only japan for march ? Then that year i will do my games on the x360 if that is when i want to be launching my games .

Your acting like all devs on the xbox have lost money and that simply isn't true . Games sell very well dispite the smaller installed base and this gen ms will only increase the installed base .

EDIT: And I don't feel like debating this, so let's agree to disagree.

Thats fine becaue this comment really paints you in a negative light and shows how pro sony you are

I assume this is why most games worth a damn are coming to the PS3 already. PEACE.

Thats fine becaue this comment really paints you in a negative light and shows how pro sony you are

You're a goddamn mod. You lock a million threads a day for personal attacks. And this is the example you set? I don't care if you think I'm pro-Sony. You're not the first, nor the last who'll say that. And it won't make a Sony system magically appear in my possession. I guess you might have missed these bold marketshare predictions last go 'round, right? Yeah, I was so pro-Sony then, but it just seemed like common sense. It's fine to have an opinion of me, as stupid and ill-informed as YOURS may be. But you're a friggin mod. And you have the nerve to tell me to stop swearing b/c it's forum rules. Well, you're breaking one now too. Read the sticky, genius. YOU ARE THE WORST MOD IN THE HISTORY OF B3D MODS...BY A COUNTRY-MILE. PEACE.

Before this thread gets locked, i have to say this forum needs a change in moderators before it degenerates any further.

I like talking about technology and comparing things. I like knowing more about what I like best. I try to stay out of silly arguements, personal attacks, and BS in general. I hope Beyond3D will survive all the nonsense. in general, I've really enjoyed these forums over the last 4 or so years that I've been reading it.

You're a goddamn mod. You lock a million threads a day for personal attacks.

Personal attack ? Sorry no personal attack given . Your comment was blatently bias towards ms and pro sony . Claiming that any game worth a damn is on the ps3 is highly bias and I called you on it .

The problem is from your posts its impossible to have a conversation on you . Because u magicly believe things to be untrue when they are not .

YOU ARE THE WORST MOD IN THE HISTORY OF B3D MODS...BY A COUNTRY-MILE. PEACE.

Now this is a personal attack .

My comment about your pro sony bias must have really hit home .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back