videos of Next-Gen Sonic, AfterBurner, Virtua Fighter, HotD

links to better video

http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1399_en.html

or

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3MYEON2XDU0D10OQEGMD2YPZ80

do you guys think Chrome Hounds is realtime?

edit: pictures from gamefront

segan1.jpg

segan2.jpg

segan3.jpg

segan4.jpg

Might be nice if I could actually SEE it well enough to put in perspective, but offhand I mainly get "cool, they're doing another Afterburner" out of it. ;)

london-boy said:
Yep, from the tiny blurry thing VF5 looks too much like VF4 to me... Can't see anything! :cry:
the backrounds look eextremely nice and the characters were much higher detail than vf4 . Trust me i play vf4 all the time in the arcades .

jvd said:
london-boy said:
Yep, from the tiny blurry thing VF5 looks too much like VF4 to me... Can't see anything! :cry:
the backrounds look eextremely nice and the characters were much higher detail than vf4 . Trust me i play vf4 all the time in the arcades .

Oh i'm sure VF5 will look amazing, i just can't see much from this video other than the usual two characters doing their usual moves...

jvd said:
bah don't play down the almighty sega . !!!!!!!!! :p

Hey i'm just saying! Same 2 characters, exact same moves, exact same costumes... Same beachy stage and "something else"... Might look 10 times better but if i didn't know any better i'd have thought that was VF4.

Virtua Fighter
The first clip featured Akira from the Virtua Fighter series set against a white background. As he displayed his standard set of fighting moves the background filled in with a beautifully realized environment. Akira was wearing his traditional white outfit complete with a black belt, but the clothing was clearly separate from the body and moved realistically around him.

The next character shown was Sarah. She wore a reflective body suit that flaunted the power of the new hardware along with her excellent figure. She performed a series of kicks and spins, and closed out the segment by thanking the audience. The quality of the characters and environments were comparable with the DOA 4 characters and if this is only a technical demo then a fully realized Virtua Fighter game could be visually stunning.

Sonic the Hedgehog
A SEGA montage wouldn't be complete without everyone's favorite blue mascot. The final segment of the video displayed Sonic the Hedgehog running at full speed down a grassy path. The foliage surrounding Sonic was clearly next-gen material, but it was hard to tell at times because he was moving at an incredible rate. I'd like to imagine that Sonic was moving through a realistic version of Green Hill Zone.

Sonic reached the edge of a cliff and performed a swan dive down hundreds of feet into a canyon. Sonic entered a large open cavern with flowing water at the bottom. Sonic began tossing ring bubbles into the environment and golden rings bounced around the huge room. At this point the announcer restated that everything shown was in real-time and sonic hit a series of springs and shot into the sky. The camera then switched back to sonic running and as he blasted across a flat plateau, a massive airship appeared above him and dropped down a fleet of robots. The robots formed a circle around him and pummeled our hero with machine gun fire. Sonic fell to the ground, only to spring back up into the air, surrounded by emeralds and transformed into the all-powerful golden sonic. He performed a charged air attack that turned the bots into a pile of rubble.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/616/616888p1.html

man i can't wait . I hope they come out on the x360

Mmmmm...frankly, I´m worried about that comparison to DOA4, since that game isn´t exactly what I´d call truly next gen. :?

Hmmm VF for Xbox 360? Same with Sonic and Afterburner...

This is like wierd. Ninga Guidan may not be on the X360, but VF may. Seems like some swapping going on... almost as bad as the NV-ATI switcheroo and the fact IBM has all 3 CPU contracts :oops:

Inbred industry!

well remember some devs might be droping hints to the big 3 that they want cheaper royalitys and thus making a statment like oh we are looking at developing for such and such .

I think we will see alot of that in the next few months

Evil_Cloud said:
Somewhere I doub they'll release Virtua Fighter 5 on Xbox 360... The title is just too big in Japan.

Just what MS needs... Sony relies on Tekken more I think.

you guys should download the clips then watch them using irfanview... you full screen that way. ;)

Back