House Of The Dead 4 arcade - on test in Japan

TEXAN said:
http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=55221

This proves it, Lindbergh is X360 based.

If you watch the E3 Next Level demo you will see that Virtua Fighter , Sonic and Afterburner have this CG Pixar/Dreamworks quality about them, all being done in realtime, but then when you look at HOTD4 in the same demo it looks more in line with high end PC or the sort of graphics that we have seen in X360 games such as Condemned, Full Auto.

Again nobody knows for certain but I am willing to bet that Lindbergh is 360 and that the PowerVR solution is System SP. Lindbergh being unvieled at Jamma on Sept 1 and releasing in arcades in November. And System SP may be unveiled at AOU in Jan/feb and first games[vf5?] released in the Spring.

The Lindbergh = X360 arcade thing is still just wishful thinking from X-bots. Chrome Hounds was clearly distinguished from VF/AfterBurner/HotD & Sonic in the E3 presentation: "OK, now for something even more exclusive...". every indication we have right now is that Lindbergh is the Series 5-based board.

Actually, that doesn't seem to be the case... it looks more like they'd rather it NOT be the case... and I quote

"That is not running on Xbox 360 hardware. Those are screenshots from the actual arcade [game]. I dont know why TeamXbox prints these bad screenshots. It gives the viewer the impression they are from Xbox 360, and undermines the consoles true graphical prowess. Wise up guys!"

Zealots are funny.

Mefisutoferesu said:
Actually, that doesn't seem to be the case... it looks more like they'd rather it NOT be the case... and I quote

"That is not running on Xbox 360 hardware. Those are screenshots from the actual arcade [game]. I dont know why TeamXbox prints these bad screenshots. It gives the viewer the impression they are from Xbox 360, and undermines the consoles true graphical prowess. Wise up guys!"

Zealots are funny.

It doesn't really matter though. There seems to be world of difference to how the screenshots have been greeted and how people who have actually seen the game in motion feel.

When the game's actually running, the zombies blend in much better and populate over a hundred simultaneously at times.

I was right on the money!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/14/news_6129092.html

Did you guys really think the legendary SEGA SAMMY would make a custom board only for the graphics to look the way they are?

HELL NO.

System SP is the custom board. Not Lindbergh.

HOTD4's graphics are in line with what I have seen on x360.

X360 is released in Q4, Lindbergh debuts in Q4

X360 uses 720p as mandatory, Lindbergh runs on 720p monitors

All of SEGA SAMMY'S first tier franchises such as Virtua Fighter, Afterburner and Sonic will be running on the custom board (SP).

Whilst the 2nd tier franchises such as HOTD, Crazy taxi?, will probably be relegated to the Lindbergh.

TEXAN said:
I was right on the money!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/14/news_6129092.html

Did you guys really think the legendary SEGA SAMMY would make a custom board only for the graphics to look the way they are?

HELL NO.

System SP is the custom board. Not Lindbergh.

HOTD4's graphics are in line with what I have seen on x360.

X360 is released in Q4, Lindbergh debuts in Q4

X360 uses 720p as mandatory, Lindbergh runs on 720p monitors

All of SEGA SAMMY'S first tier franchises such as Virtua Fighter, Afterburner and Sonic will be running on the custom board (SP).

Whilst the 2nd tier franchises such as HOTD, Crazy taxi?, will probably be relegated to the Lindbergh.

TEXAN, that's still just speculation on their part. Many people have just assumed that HotD4 has something to with X360 'coz it was shown with the other X360 games, but to me there was a clear distinction in the presentation.

Atomiswave is a highly integrated board to target the most cost sensitive sectors: arcade games for independent operators (laundromats, restaurants, service stations, etc.), gambling machines, pachinko, pachislot, parlor games, etc.

Lazy8s said:
Atomiswave is a highly integrated board to target the most cost sensitive sectors: arcade games for independent operators (laundromats, restaurants, service stations, etc.), gambling machines, pachinko, pachislot, parlor games, etc.
Not knocking the value of the machine, but the graphics in comparison with its contemporaries.

Lazy8s said:

Atomiswave = a condensed Naomi? Not too many spectacular games, but then again most of the best stuff went to Chihiro/Triforce.

Betamax said:
Lazy8s said:

Atomiswave = a condensed Naomi? Not too many spectacular games, but then again most of the best stuff went to Chihiro/Triforce.

It is essentially a Dreamcast using ROM boards and encryption. It has the same amount of RAM as DC, not upgraded like Naomi.

Reznor007 said:
Betamax said:
Lazy8s said:

It is essentially a Dreamcast using ROM boards and encryption. It has the same amount of RAM as DC, not upgraded like Naomi.

The only real reason why the Naomi had more VRAM (32 vs 16) was becuase Sega feared that the arcade games would be ripped and sold as DC games. Most, if not all, Naomi games only used 4/1 texture compression to prevent the games being ripped. Thye could then later realease the game with 8/1 texture compression on the DC, with a barely discernable difference.

Back