Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

I think it pretty safe to assume that there'll be a greater than $100 difference. If PS4S is $300 still, Neo will maybe be upwards of $450 to cash in on the more hard-core enthusiast. There'll be enough of a price difference to justify PS4S existence, that's for sure.

Furthermore, $100 is still a 33% difference. That's significant to a lot of the cost-sensitive.

I find it interesting "cost-sensitive" only comes up with regards to hardware... I'm assuming you weren't one of the ones on here arguing in favor of 4K blu-ray support even though those movies cost like $30 each...?

But is it significant enough to not trigger a complete migration?
Yes. Plenty of people are happy with their current console. The games will be fundamentally the same. Just as high end CE devices live alongside low-end, cheaper options, Neo will live alongside Vanilla PS4.

It's a bit weird to me how some struggle to see consoles as just another CE device and capable of operating the same way. ;)

I'm assuming you weren't one of the ones on here arguing in favor of 4K blu-ray support even though those movies cost like $30 each...?
I didn't have a voice, although it'd make sense to include 4K UHD playback if the cost to include it is negligible. Even if people don't use it because the films cost too much, it's a feature that adds perceived value. Also presents the machine as a cheap UHD player for those not wanting a games console per se.

But those for whom $100 for a new console is too much (those on the edge of benefits, etc), $30 films won't be happening. They'll be looking for a PS4 slim that's cheap and cheerful and let's them play their slightly more affluent friends' game discs for free, and will offer the Playstation Instant Game Collection from their PS+ subscription for very good economy of entertainment.

You can still also rent blurays in some parts of the world at least ;)

It's a bit weird to me how some struggle to see consoles as just another CE device and capable of operating the same way. ;)
[emoji28]
priorities :) haha. There's always that projection of knowledge and priorities onto others skewing our decision making with this type of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the same slot. Slot curves from side to the back.

The PS4-slim leaker also mentioned a PSP-like handheld.

Is it a revision of PSVITA similar to new 3DS, or a next-gen handheld? What is the selling point of the product or SONY wants to respond to NX?
IMO, it should be "Vita Neo". Better SoC, MicroSD support, faster WiFi and full set of DS4 controls.

Also for the lulz, they should include HDMI port , bundle with every console a small stand that enables effortless video output on TV, enable DS4 communication, and release all that in a single package BEFORE Nintendo's NX. :D

While not directly related to the September 7th Sony event, it seems like the cost of PlayStation Plus is increasing to $60 MSRP for the 12 month plan, $25 MSRP for 3 months, and remain at $10 for 1 month starting on September 22nd.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/767746143912460288
Probably related. As in they wanted to get that or any negativity out of the way for the reveal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presently only a NA change.

Which was likely prompted by the strengthening of the YEN compared to USD. It has fallen from ~120 yen (+/- daily/weekly/monthly variance) per USD down to ~100 yen per USD. IE - it requires more USD to provide a similar amount of revenue in terms of YEN. That will be important for their financial reports as a stronger YEN compared to USD will negatively impact revenue from that region.

Of course, the benefit is that if the YEN weakens versus the dollar at some later date, they won't reverse that change. Hence it'll provide a significant revenue boost with Sony having to do nothing at that point. And since it basically just brings the price for PSN on par with Xbox Gold in that region, there should be little to no backlash to it.

Regards,
SB

The slim power supply input label is 220-240v @ 0.8A
In comparison the PS4 fat power supply was 100-240 @ 2.5A

Making it somewhere around a 175W power supply specs... If they designed with similar margins for efficiency, the ballpark would be 105W peak versus the fat peaking at 151W (from it's 250W PS).

The slim power supply input label is 220-240v @ 0.8A
In comparison the PS4 fat power supply was 100-240 @ 2.5A

Making it somewhere around a 175W power supply specs... If they designed with similar margins for efficiency, the ballpark would be 105W peak versus the fat peaking at 151W (from it's 250W PS).

Rather strange that they don't use a universal PSU. Japan and the US are both 100-110v countries.

Regards,
SB

Sort of like an Apple Time Capsule, I'm hoping. The PS4 Slim's basic shape, but without the sloping sides. Straight sides, rounded corners, equal length sides all around.

...Oh, and capacitive touch buttons please. That's high class stuff. The light-up logo of the slim is a neat touch too. It'd be cool if that carries over to neo.
From the video that Eurogamer had on their site, I don't think the PS logo had a light. There was a small white led near the disc slot and power/eject buttons, no other lights.
I'd prefer the hard edges of current PS4 over any rounded Apple TV/Time Capsule like design. With a design that borrows the "larger rectangle on top of a smaller rectangle" from the original PS2, the extra 3 cm thickness would not look so thick.

From the video that Eurogamer had on their site, I don't think the PS logo had a light. There was a small white led near the disc slot and power/eject buttons, no other lights.
I'd prefer the hard edges of current PS4 over any rounded Apple TV/Time Capsule like design. With a design that borrows the "larger rectangle on top of a smaller rectangle" from the original PS2, the extra 3 cm thickness would not look so thick.

It's hard to tell because the room was lit, and viewing from different angles (from the photos) it really looks like a backlit led.

Back