Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
It seems the rumors about the September 7th Sony event have begun floating around.

One of the rumor is PS-Now, the Sony Game Streaming platform is coming to the PC and MAC.

Details: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/playstation-now-windows-mac-august-streaming/

But let’s stop right there for a second. What doesn’t make sense here is that Sony has already distributed invitations to the press for a “PlayStation Meeting,” which will take place at the PlayStation Theater in New York City on September 7. The company is expected to formally announce the PlayStation 4 Neo console at this event, and will probably also use this press gathering as a launchpad for PlayStation Now on desktop. So we’ll just have to watch these events play out.

If you’re not familiar with PlayStation Now, it’s a service provided by Sony for streaming PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 games to the PlayStation 4, the PS Vita handheld, the PlayStation TV set-top box, and the PlayStation 3. The service has a crazy huge quantity of games to play (more than 400), with 15 more added just the other day for role-playing fanatics. The service includes PlayStation exclusives too, such as The Last of Us, the Uncharted games, the God of War series, and loads more.

So there’s something for everyone, but the service doesn’t come cheap: it costs a hefty $20 per month or $45 for three months. There’s an option to rent games too, costing $3 for four hours, $6 for seven days, $8 for 30 days, and $15 for 90 days. Right now, the service is still served up as an “open beta,” but that will likely change once it lands on the desktop.

Chances are, the Windows and Mac versions of PlayStation Now are currently in closed beta (or will go into beta later this month), hence that part of the rumor that states the service will require Windows 7 and an internet connection of five megabits per second or more. The clients will support the DualShock 3 and DualShock 4 controllers that connect via a USB port, but you can purchase cheaper, third-party models that will probably work just as well.

PlayStation Meeting events are used for hardware unveils, we will get specs and showcase of software running on Neo. Since past PSM events were far from release, we usually did not get release date and price, but this time there is a strong chance we will get that also. If Neo launches in Q1 2017, then they will probably leave price/date announcement for ~TGS/PGW/PSX, but I doubt that will happen.

Last edited:
can anyone get a press pass , i'm about 15 minutes from there and can do live coverage for beyond3d lol

can anyone get a press pass , i'm about 15 minutes from there and can do live coverage for beyond3d lol

you'd get thrown out like a protester at a Trump rally j/k, its a good question considering what passes as gaming journalism what sort of credentials are needed to get invited to this sort of thing?

Last edited:
Brit said to him, “I know that PS4k is coming (he who is called Neo ). When he comes, he will render all pixels uncompressed.” Neo said to Brit, “I who speak to you am he.”

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

Interesting. Bets on $249 :)

Based on statistics of fakery versus genuine leaks... I bet it's fake. :LOL:

It does look like what sony would do though...

Several days ago there are new rumors about 3 new products in Chinese forum.

First is a mini PS4 with logo on the center, although the volume doesn't decrease that much .

Second is a heavy PS4 which is 3 cm thicker than current PS4.

Third is a PSP-like handheld (not a joke, really).

The above picture seems in line with the first rumor. In fact that leaker posted a similar graph 2 months ago.

http://bbs.a9vg.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4882812&page=1&authorid=1444953

Nice catch from http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=214462071&postcount=1012

It looks like the PS logo on the top is a led like the bar on the current model. They managed to sneak a slim undetected with everyone looking forward to Neo news, but it looks like they are releasing it WW after the PS meeting if these are already out in the wild.
Yes, the previous leaker said that he has worked for mini PS4 for 3 months. While mass production of Neo started recently.

And a picture of the box

Q4g3EgNh.jpg

One poster from gaf told him he was going to buy it if he sent him pictures and the seller did :)

Back