PlayStation Experience: This Saturday and Sunday

What I still fail to understand is why they insist on making people give presentations in the US or for english speaking audiences when they either can't speak english or just can't actually present. Sure let's see the Japanese president/CEO, but let a spokesman or english speaking VP/director/anyone in the team give the bloody presentation!

What I still fail to understand is why they insist on making people give presentations in the US or for english speaking audiences when they either can't speak english or just can't actually present. Sure let's see the Japanese president/CEO, but let a spokesman or english speaking VP/director/anyone in the team give the bloody presentation!

I actually prefer seeing the developers on stage than some suit or actor/comedian who knows nothing about the industry or game. It humanizes the industry in a way which is refreshing and I feel that when they do have people speaking that are not native English speakers generally they do a good job providing translators who bridge the gap nicely.

Brilliant. There goes my evening! :)

Some good stuff in there. Unfortunately, some are cut short. :(

Some new videos have been added, by the way.

Seeing the SE President masterfully troll not just the audience but the entire viewing public with very rough English was an amazing site to behold. Wouldn't change that for anything. I'm not sure a native English speaker would be able to pull that off to the same degree. Frankly, I'd say Shifty has lost his title for the time being.

Seeing the SE President masterfully troll not just the audience but the entire viewing public with very rough English was an amazing site to behold. Wouldn't change that for anything. I'm not sure a native English speaker would be able to pull that off to the same degree. Frankly, I'd say Shifty has lost his title for the time being.

Absolutely. It was one of these priceless, slack-jawed, what-the-hell-did-I-just-watch moments.

Actually yes, that bit was just priceless. I'm still not sure if the FF7 announcement was a joke? Was it meant to be a real thing?

Actually yes, that bit was just priceless. I'm still not sure if the FF7 announcement was a joke? Was it meant to be a real thing?

On top of being a Master lesson in trolling it is also a real thing. They're re-releasing the "updated" PC re-release of FF7 on the PS4.

Did they expand on NO man sky's release at all ?

I recall them saying that it would be a shared universe across both platforms with the ps4 launching first. If thats still the case for an adventure / discovery game like this it really puts the pc users in a poor situation.

Sony are helping foot the bill - PC gamers will be lucky to even get to play it! Also, knowledge of the timed exclusivity slightly undermines the value to PS4. As I mentioned in the game's thread, the game will be way better on PC with a meaty CPU driving the procedural creation (and I have one of those already), so reason to perhaps get a PS4 for this is greatly reduced for me. Although I wasn't massively interested TBH. The longer the delay, the better for PS4.

That doesn't really adress my concern. The gamespot interviews touched about a shared universe between the platforms. But with the ps4 getting it first and perhaps by months , wont tons of content have already been explored and claimed thus diminishing the fun of it for pc users ?

That doesn't really adress my concern. The gamespot interviews touched about a shared universe between the platforms. But with the ps4 getting it first and perhaps by months , wont tons of content have already been explored and claimed thus diminishing the fun of it for pc users ?
No, not at all. Did you watch ANY interviews about the game? The Universe is procedural/random generated so there's no point of having an initial land rush. Most of the planets will never be visited, ever.

There will be 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets in the game, so there's no scarcity to speak of. You can visit a virgin planet whenever you want, it's like a lottery ticket every time, with an infinite number of tickets to go around.

Yes but then there is the center of the universe which has the alien race that you have to discover and beat

Yes but then there is the center of the universe which has the alien race that you have to discover and beat
There is alien life everywhere. When did they say there is a particular alien life at the centre that was the ultimate goal?

I missed that. A link would be great!

They said there's something at the centre and the general focus of the game is to move towards the centre, if you want. I agree that potentially, the PS4 players will be further along when the PC players get to join, although that's generally true of MMOs in that, unless you start day one, you're behind. And also, they could either put the PC players on a different side of the universe, or start them nearer the centre, or something. I certainly doubt that the fun will be diminished. The experience will probably be nigh identical.

They said there's something at the centre and the general focus of the game is to move towards the centre, if you want.

That bit they've said a lot. An alien life being being the "mystery" (their word, not mine) is new.

Back