something cool is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Futuremark going to host the download, or are we going to have to go to one of the mirrors where we'll have to wait 36 hours before the download starts or be lucky to get 25k/s?

Lezmaka said:
So is Futuremark going to host the download, or are we going to have to go to one of the mirrors where we'll have to wait 36 hours before the download starts or be lucky to get 25k/s?
Mirrors, but they're thinking of also seeding it for BitTorrent.

Well, the countdown with "W" at the beginning just finished. Then it was sitting there trying to load something from service.futuremark.com. I closed the countdown and reloaded the page and the countdown is started over with "N".

There will be no next letter.

after the N countdown there will be 0 (zero) and the countdown with numbers.

So now we CAN calculate when it's out

Its' roughly 12.00 (midday) finnish time tuesday.

edit: Well, if I count more precicely, its more like 12.15

(someone can quote me about that on FM forums, I don't want to bother to register there)

99999 seconds + 97700 seconds from now = 54 hours 55 minutes counted from 5:22 at sunday morning my time.

54 hours -24 hours... monday
30 hours-24 hours... tuesday
6 hours from 5:22... 11:22
add 55 minutes... 12:17 at tuesday my time, but my clock isn't synchronized...

checking my clock against forums clock... my clocks minutes show 27
edit: and the forum clock says 27 too... so my clock and this forums clock match at least by the minute

I have pm'd my cookie request to worm :D

edit: presently Futuremark's web server is down

So is the forum server

and so is the irc server.

:oops:

Gandalf_the_Bat said:
Lezmaka said:
Mirrors, but they're thinking of also seeding it for BitTorrent.
That'll happen regardless. :) EVERYTHING is a torrent these days...

digitalwanderer said:
"E", most definately "E". :rolleyes:

that would take the coundown too much further into next week. E alone would result in release wednesday 4pm

but there won't be E without D so that would mean thursday after finnish office hours, which is too late, Futuremark likes to release early in the week, 03 was a monday release, right?

I don't think it'll happen this weekend nor early next week, but that's just a hunch.

I'm pretty confident it will be next week, that's about all.

digitalwanderer said:
Mendel said:
There will be no next letter.

after the N countdown there will be 0 (zero) and the countdown with numbers.
I must have missed it, when/where was it figured out? :|

Code:
if( oL == "ei" ) {
	                while( parsedTime.length < 8 ) {
        	        	parsedTime = "0" + parsedTime; 
                	}
                	parsedTime = "N" + parsedTime;
                }

"N" and "0"

I dont like their little guessing game. A lot of people are annoyed by it, and to me its not producing good publicity.

Well I'm still not completely sure... It MIGHT be thursday too cause that would make it day in the USA and evening here in Finland.

So if its O-W-N-E-D

12.17 +7.33 +24+24 hours...
= 19.50 finnish time thursday.

Now that I think of it, it would make a lot of sense too

edit: oh shit theres horrible error in counting :D .33 isnt minutes of course its 1/100s of hours...

19.37 would be more like it unless these another horrible error :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back