something cool is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be anything with 5 letters too
like OWN IT then just numbers.
So that would mark the latest possible release, 19.50 finnish time thursday 30th

They have said they would release during this month.

how can anyone not find something with own, owned, ownit or whatever lame? its so cliche and it just makes gamers look even more like geeks.

i can see it now

3dmark05, i$ y0ur v|de0 c@rd 0wn3d?

DarN said:
hovz said:
so its own then some number? pretty lame
Just once, I'd like to see you happy about something. Pretty much anything will do.

lol well theres not much to be positive about lately in the graphics industry for the average consumer

Mendel said:
Well I'm still not completely sure... It MIGHT be thursday too cause that would make it day in the USA and evening here in Finland.

So if its O-W-N-E-D

12.17 +7.33 +24+24 hours...
= 19.50 finnish time thursday.

Now that I think of it, it would make a lot of sense too

edit: oh shit theres horrible error in counting :D .33 isnt minutes of course its 1/100s of hours...

19.37 would be more like it unless these another horrible error :D
Could you post up what time it is when you put your post up in Finnish time? Then I could calculate it for my timezone.

If it'll spell "OWNED" at about 7:30pm my time on Thursday I would bet that is what it is.

hovz said:
lol well theres not much to be positive about lately in the graphics industry for the average consumer
That's weird, I was thinking just the opposite....there ain't pretty much nothing but good news out there in the graphics industry for the average consumer right now.

ATi has got some great cards out, nVidia has got some great cards out...it's all good. 8)

The PR stuff is just for entertainment purposes this time around... ;)

digitalwanderer said:
hovz said:
That's weird, I was thinking just the opposite....there ain't pretty much nothing but good news out there in the graphics industry for the average consumer right now.

ATi has got some great cards out, nVidia has got some great cards out...it's all good. 8)

The PR stuff is just for entertainment purposes this time around... ;)

yes theres great cards, and no games to justify purchasing them. not to mention were getting closer and closer to another war full of driver cheating

hovz said:
yes theres great cards, and no games to justify purchasing them. not to mention were getting closer and closer to another war full of driver cheating

Quite the optimist eh. At least you're right about the games.

But driver cheating with results that can only be visually spotted with difficulty is surely better for the average consumer. He is getting faster frame rates for his money.

Only a small subset of gamers really want (and are willing to pay for) high res high AA/AF, after all, and even then those same gamers are content with far less in multiplay since at that point only frame rates matter.
The rest of us are quite happy with modern games in something like 1024x768 and high enough detail so that the game still plays fast. :)

I've played PC games since the 8086 CPU (i.e. 16 colour graphics in 320x240) and before that even lower res games on older home computers. Yes, graphical realism of modern games is great to have, but gameplay is still what really matters, surely?

i was referring to the consumer buying an ati or nvidia card based on false benches only to find out after theyve alredy spent the $$

hovz said:
i was referring to the consumer buying an ati or nvidia card based on false benches only to find out after theyve alredy spent the $$
And which of those would be a bad choice? I agree with what DW said... there aren't any bad choices right now. If games which really push the new cards are (at the moment) hard to find, one can hardly blame the hardware manufacturers.

I am sure this has been fun for a lot of folks (I personally enjoyed it for a certain period of time after Nappe1's original post) but I am going to spoil the fun for a lot of folks by deciding now to move this thread to another forum. Apologies to Nappe1 and everyone else. It no longer belongs here. Since we know it's 3DMark05, it's going in the Software forum.

Temporary Name said:
hovz said:
And which of those would be a bad choice? I agree with what DW said... there aren't any bad choices right now. If games which really push the new cards are (at the moment) hard to find, one can hardly blame the hardware manufacturers.

so what? when people spend money they want the best, not just good. if you were shopping around for a car, and all these magazines told you the car does this this and that better than the competition, then after u plop down the money you find out from ur friend who bought the other car that it in fact doesnt do this this and that better, u wouldnt be upset? i know i would be. and so would 90% of consumers.

hovz said:
so what? when people spend money they want the best, not just good.
That's just it Hovz, I'm starting to seriously think there isn't a "best" this round...there's just differences between the two.

You just can't directly compare the X800 to 6800 and come up with a clearcut winner, or at least I can't after at least a week of comparing both....and I think that is actually a really GOOD THING(tm). :)

There are definate differences between the two cards, but it isn't a case where you can just definatively say which is better/faster.

EDITED BITS: Oh yeah, I found out why FM was down.
(*COUGH-COUGH*/.*COUGH-COUGH*)

hovz said:
Temporary Name said:
hovz said:

so what? when people spend money they want the best, not just good. if you were shopping around for a car, and all these magazines told you the car does this this and that better than the competition, then after u plop down the money you find out from ur friend who bought the other car that it in fact doesnt do this this and that better, u wouldnt be upset? i know i would be. and so would 90% of consumers.

Now that your talking about cars, yes cars are in a position where there aren't any roads that challenge them. Even the low end cars go fast enough to meet the fastest allowed speed limits... at least here in Finland. Fastest you can go on any highway around here is 120km/h and my 200 euro car can do just that.

In the same way, right now a 200 euro graphics card can play pretty much any game with no problem whatsoever. higher end products are for luxuries like "Anti Aliasing" and "Shader model 3" or "Airbags" and "Air Conditioning"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back