For those with OLED screen, is burning still a issue? Do you exclusively game on it or also productivity?

Btw my psvr1 oled screen is still as good (as bad?) as at launch. At least no noticeable new woes develops.

I also don't have any issue develops with my psvita oled years ago.

Maybe the theory with oled TV and speakers sound have interesting relation that needs more research

Well maybe also compare glass substrate thickness between that and a TV (prohibits thickness) and also wattage, also realize "wallplug efficiency" means most of that wattage is turned into certain byproduct.

Not about oled but I'd thought I'd post it here since it is monitor related somewhat, just saw a youtube video where a flight simmer explains he just bought a new hdmi cable and while simming he can smell burning, turns out it was the collar on the cable.

The thing is having used several oled tv's, I just can't go back to lcd and their wacky pixel response times. Even if my oled died every 3 years, I'd buy another one. Until we get micro led, the only option for me is oled.

That's some silly fear mongering going on in this thread.
You're confusing reporting on real-world experience and concerns.
No one spends all day worrying about their personal TVs 😂
If you're not aware your product can develop notable defects, you're right - no-one worries about it. And this issue is not wildly publicised. However, if you are made aware from it happening to other people, including photographic evidence from multiple sources, you might, plus might 'worry' about future purchases, especially when there are other options to OLED. An informed choice is a good thing, no?

Last edited:
LG replaced it out of warranty; the panel that is which is basically everything that is not the “bump” on the back. I was not home as I would have recorded it but a single technician came in and did it. Now the image is perfect again. As long as they keep replacing it I have no issue with WOLED

LG replaced it out of warranty; the panel that is which is basically everything that is not the “bump” on the back. I was not home as I would have recorded it but a single technician came in and did it. Now the image is perfect again. As long as they keep replacing it I have no issue with WOLED
what did you say to them?

what did you say to them?
I explained that I have “the thing” so they were asking if it would not turn on, which got me a little worried. But then I explained I had the dark/dead pixels forming in the corner so they had to check something and after that they said that it would be replaced as my model was “pretty recent”, I had to upload my proof of purchase which has it at 1.5 years old and they didn’t ask to upload any pictures. I assumed that the technician would check it but according to my wife he didn’t even turn on the screen and instead asked her to clear the table where he did the procedure. From ringing the door he was gone in 20 minutes. LG didnt want to answer whether it was common or that the replacement screen would fix it. I bluffed and said a friend had his replaced last year with the defect showing again and they simply responded with he should contact them. I asked what i could do to prevent it and they had no answer.

Anyway as long as they can replace it I am cool with it

In my region they are not covering my TV outside of warranty. I've asked them.

Bummer.

No frigging way I'm buying another LG OLED.

If I'm not busy, I would make yet another video showing all the bad things LG oled have that flying under the radar of media

Back