Halo 3 Beta: May 16th - June 7th

1) Number of uploads is limited to 6 spots or a certain amount of storage, depending on which you hit first, but you can save as many films as you want. Do note there is a bug that causes the game to refuse to save new movies. When you start up the beta, you should hold up on the d-pad and hold A until you see the message "utility drive cleared" to prevent this from happening at the worst possible time. (So far, I usually only get away with roughly 4-6 films before it refuses the rest. YMMV, of course.)

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home... Gotta pick up HD-DVD Matrix Trilogy today :D
There were some rounds that I really wished I could have saved. Oh well, now I know.

One really cool feature is a Party Leader can show his entire room of players (a clan or team for instance) the same film at one time so they can chat about it while watching it and critique strategy in real time after the match and or just laugh at each other. :D

That is pretty sweet.... We sure could have used that last night. If you can get a party of four people the matchmaking goes by really fast.

I also noticed that your rank is different between the different kinds of games. That is pretty cool. I am not a huge Halo fan, but the game is pretty freaking cool.

EvilAvatar

This was kind of funny story. link

I didn't want to make a new thread for it so I will bury it in this thread since it's Halo3 related. It seems Reuters referenced Evilavatar.com in their Halo3 story saying "The graphics can use some work ... They're not much different than the previous Halo"

And their credit in that Reuters story apparently resulted in EA not receiving a free Elite 360 from MS. So they went out of their way to point it out.

Hell hath no fury like a gaming blog spurned.

there are some screens floating around that show some cool tweaks to the MP gameplay for Custom games (in retail release)

for example beyond the usual setting up of weapon and game type choices... gravity and player speed are all adjustable (I saw one screen that takes it up to a 300% increase!)

I'm starting to see why people get addicted to this game.

I'm definately getting better, still get pwned by the really good guys, but in alot of games I end up #1 for kills. Still suck at sniping, and have to work on my kill:death ratio, but it's some pretty fun stuff.

The more you learn the maps, and weapon locations the funner it gets as your strategies can become more fully fleshed.

I'm really learning that the key to this game is being smart, being sneaky and getting the drop on guys is definately the key to success, at least for me.

How do you guys feel about the new Banshee? Looks more... covenant with the curves and bulbous head.

Teamxbox reports that there's mention of 4 player co-op in the code?

Looks like it:
So what’s the big news? Well, when scrolling through the list of onscreen text for party menus one sentence in particular stands out:

The game cannot start because all players are set to observer. Too many players for splitscreen. Only 2 players may play splitscreen coop on the same Xbox 360 console. The party size is too large to start the game. Up to 4 players may play coop on Xbox Live or System Link. Loading information from Xbox Live…

http://flamesoffeenix.wordpress.com/2007/05/19/revealed-halo-3-campaign-4-player-co-op-over-live/

sounds good to me. :D

sounds good to me. :D

Ditto. :D I'll take it as evidence that the levels will be big enough and crazy/hectic enough to make 4 person legendary challenging. :devilish:

TXB also mentions gametypes. This one caught my eye in particular:

Infection
Destroy the Flood or become infected. Score points for killing flood or big points for infecting a human. The player with the most points wins.

Play as the flood? Fight flood in waves? Probably the former though going by "infecting other players" although a combination of the two would make it interesting (4v4 flood vs spartan sounds kinda skewed). That'd be neat having all the flood abilities such as super jump, long-range melee attack ( I know I know... oxymoron).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ditto² :smile:

There was talk before Halo2 cam out of a survival mode, which is basically coop against constantly spawning enemies. 4 player coop would be a much better solution for that problem - 4 people that want to play the AI with each other. I'll believe it when I see it, because it seems it would be pretty hard to balance that without making single player overly hard.

Play as the flood? Fight flood in waves? Probably the former though going by "infecting other players" although a combination of the two would make it interesting (4v4 flood vs spartan sounds kinda skewed). That'd be neat having all the flood abilities such as super jump, long-range melee attack ( I know I know... oxymoron).

I presume this is going to be something like playing Zombies in Halo2.
1) Two teams (humans and zombies)
2) Zombies start with 1 player, all other players are human.
3) Humans killed by zombies, change sides.
4) Last human standing wins.

Usually zombies are limited with the sword and no grenades, but there are many variations with different weapon restrictions. It's a really fun gametype, but requires cooperation from all players for it to work.

Wow.

Assuming he has initial zero velocity, and descends at 9.81m/s^2... he falls ~2km (20seconds to touch the first glacier). Ignore wind resistance and terminal velocity for the game, he would be going at ~196 m/s (~700km/hr) when he touched ground (before bouncing across the map).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back