Halo 3 Beta: May 16th - June 7th

The new gamepro has the following Halo 3 exclusive news:

- customizable spartan uniforms for MP ala create-a-spartan (the pics are HOTTT)
- new brute vehicle called brute chopper
- biggest halo map ever called Shrine (desert environment)
- more info on the weapson and vehicles (Banshee gaining plasma rockets and Wraith with secondary manned gun)

I've seen the pics and they look GREAT. :p

Yup, just got the mag. The armour customizations look quite interesting. The most recognizable of them all being the SPI helmets from the Ghosts of Onyx cover. I wanted to see Mark V armour with next-gen quality instead, but... I'll take it.

The brute choppa (there's gotta be an Arnold influence somewhere there) looks like it was taken from Gears of War. :???:

rant

And... I think someone needs to explain to them that Plasma Sword > Energy Sword. The glowing plasma from Halo CE and in the E3 2003 demo was cool. I absolutely hate the solid look to it now. :rolleyes: There's no life to it. It looks like a hunk of crystal.

/rant

Just a little self pimpage, got 20 kills last night, followed by 18 in the next game, my two best games by a mile!!

The teams were pretty poor, but it does feel good to finally be one of the 'better' players out there...though I probably shouldn't go that far.

Having never played H1 or H2 online, it took some getting used to, and at first I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about, but it's safe to say I'm pretty much hooked at this point.

Definately getting tired of the same 3 maps though.

Back