Quick Resume List

Inside supports Quick Resume. I'm finally getting around to playing some of the games I got from mixer-pots or other giveaways. I have been keeping Inside in the QR to jump in and out when I got some spare moments.
Not that there's any problem with it, but adding Quick Resume support to Inside is odd. Most people finish that game in one sitting. It's barely over four hours.

Not that there's any problem with it, but adding Quick Resume support to Inside is odd. Most people finish that game in one sitting. It's barely over four hours.

I don't think it's so much that it was "added" as "it didn't break" with it, so they marked it as QR compatible. I was surprised it remained in QR Ring after I switched over to Halo Infinite the first time.

Sorry, what is quick resume ?

A feature on Xbox Series consoles. Think of it as hibernating your game so you can return to it later at the exact same spot. It loads amazingly quick. You can have anywhere from 3 to 13 games in Quick Resume list (limited by dedicated storage space on the internal NVME).

List Update.

Games that support Quick Resume
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII- Reunion
Gungrave G.O.R.E
River City Girls Zero* Crashes until you have started the emulator portion of the game.
River City Girls 2

Info From Open Surprise
A Plague’s Tale: Requiem
Evil West
Gotham Knights
Need for Speed: Unbound
Scorn
Sonic Frontiers

Games that don't support Quick Resume
Fight’N Rage
Sword of the Vagrant

List Update.

Hi-Fi RUSH
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4 Golden

Info From Open Surprise
Monster Hunter Rise

Light Fairytale Episode 2

List Update.

Fight'N Rage
Guilty Gear -Strive(Confirmed)
ONE PIECE: ODYSSEY
Tales of Symphonia Remaster
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Info From Open Surprise
Dead Space Remake(2023)
Hogswarts Legacy
Wild Hearts

Fight'N Rage is now supports Quick Resume after the latest Next-Gen update going from being an XDK game to a GDK game.
Correction made to first post, turns out I forgot to remove both Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water and Fight’N Rage from the no support list. Sorry.

Last edited:
List Update.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Gal Guardians (renamed from Grim Guardians)
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
Resident Evil 4 (2023)

Last edited:
List Update.

BlazeBlue Cross Tag Battle
FUGA: Melodies of Steel 2
Ravenlok
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

Info From Open Surprise
Dead Island 2
EA Sports PGA Tour
Minecraft Legends
MLB the Show 23
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Redfall

Star Wars Episode I Racer

List Update.

Cyber Citizen Shockman
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective(The game itself has an issue though)
Loop8: Summer of Gods
Marfusha
Street Fighter 6
Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life

I am disappointed that both Rune Factory 4 Special and Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town did not take the opportunity to add Quick Resume to their games when they came to GamePass. Rune Factory 4 had a 4.70GB update to a game that was only 5.1GB in size last week, and it is still an XDK game that does not support Quick Resume.

List Update.

ACA NeoGeo Twinkle Star Sprites
Double Kick Heroes
Graze Counter GM
Gunbarich
Gylt

Puzzle Fighter HD
Skullgirls(2012)
When the Past was Around

I am disappointed that both Rune Factory 4 Special and Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town did not take the opportunity to add Quick Resume to their games when they came to GamePass.
I still don't understand why games need to support Quick Resume. The OS can just freeze any game in situ when switching back to the dashboard, and games work fine being completely suspended and the console restarted - this was a feature of the previous generation What is different about Quick Resume implementation that requires devs to support it?

I still don't understand why games need to support Quick Resume. The OS can just freeze any game in situ when switching back to the dashboard, and games work fine being completely suspended and the console restarted - this was a feature of the previous generation What is different about Quick Resume implementation that requires devs to support it?
I mean do you have an Series console? For some reason this is always hard to explain to someone who doesn't have one.

Well, it is a feature supported by the box, and I'm entitled to my opinion and disappointment. I will give several use cases for why this feature is needed, IMO.
Use case one is straight out of Microsoft's marketing, but their reason for it fixes a real problem for a system with a heavy focus on online multiplayer. This feature will allow you to, as long as the game supports the feature and is working correctly, no matter where you are in the game, could be in the middle of a cut-scene or between auto-saves or save points, jump out of the game you are playing into and right into any random multiplayer game, then jump right back into the game you were playing before. It will pick up where you left off...or 1 to 2 seconds afterward. Not that important to everyone, but when I was into multiplayer, it could be irritating to either lose progress or having to turn down a request to join a friend in multiplayer.

Use case two, which I did not even think about when I made the tread, but with a service like Gamespass, you can play multiple games on the service without worrying about losing your progress in any of them, between 7 to 10 of them, no matter how different they are, as long as there is no update that game. It might not be as useful if you only play one game to completion before playing another one.

Use case three, since you can't count on auto-saves or save points to all be equal. Different developers do different things. Some games are good and will allow you to save almost anywhere at any moment. Some developers allow you to save your game anytime in a dungeon, and some of them won't. When a game supports this feature, while it is not as good as a save point or auto-save, you can expect that if you leave that game for whatever reason, you can go back into it later and pick up exactly where you left off. It can be months later, as long as the game hasn't received an update, you could have played something else in-between game sessions. Power outages or a need to unplug the console for some reason, does not matter. The game will be exactly where it was when you left. Multiple games will be where you left them. It makes every game that supports the feature pick up whenever put down whenever IMO.

The last case is part of the reason why I purchased my console so early into the generation. Though it did not work out entirely the way I wanted (None of the 360 JRPGs I have supports the feature, I don't know about Nier.), it has changed how I play games. Think of it like suspend on steroids'. You might disagree with it, but those are my use cases.

Well, it is a feature supported by the box, and I'm entitled to my opinion and disappointment. I will give several use cases for why this feature is needed, IMO.
Ahh, you have misunderstood my question. I'm asking that why do games have to explicitly technically support the QuickResume feature. Games already have to support being frozen at any point, the console shut down, then picking-up at some point in the future. There are games that do this just fine but have issues with QuickResume.

Perhaps a better way to frame my question is, what is it about the technical implementation of QuickResume that requires the developer to make an effort to support it over near identical functionality that we took for granted on last generation consoles.

Ahh, you have misunderstood my question. I'm asking that why do games have to explicitly technically support the QuickResume feature. Games already have to support being frozen at any point, the console shut down, then picking-up at some point in the future. There are games that do this just fine but have issues with QuickResume.

Perhaps a better way to frame my question is, what is it about the technical implementation of QuickResume that requires the developer to make an effort to support it over near identical functionality that we took for granted on last generation consoles.
I know very little about the effort that it takes to support the feature. I know that the vast majority of games that were developed or upgraded using the GDK function with Quick Resume. For games using the GDK, I believe the developer has control over it to an extent based on some of the posts in this thread, and the output is likely optimized by default with snapshots/checkpoints in mind (I'd be shocked if it is anything more than a customized version of Hyper-v). While all XDK games appear to require Microsoft to "allowlist" the functionality, and they haven't done that since 2021 at least not with any of the games in my collection.

XDK games were virtualized on the Xbox One, but I don't think they were designed to ever be in a snapshot. Every time you switch between a game, it has to load the game itself and the memory from the last play session and do it in seconds. Not all XDK games can do that well, at least not without help from Microsoft. Suspend mode keeps the same game in memory but in a very low-power mode.

Last edited:
Back