Sea of Thieves - new content
Hellblade 2
3rd party stuff Sony just showed (lol)
Halo Infinite - new content
Avowed
new Wolfenstein
State of Decay 3
Indiana Jones trailer

If they can manage this then they will have done quite well. Redfall will be a distant memory. :)

Bonus Points: Fable, Contraband, Everwild

MODEDIT: Showcase info

1685978519765.png

What time does Xbox Games Showcase begin? Sunday, June 11, at 10am Pacific time / 1pm Eastern time / 6pm UK time.

What time does Starfield Direct begin? Immediately following the Xbox Games Showcase.

How do I watch? Xbox Games Showcase will be streamed live on official Xbox and Bethesda channels, including the below:

The show will also be streamed out simultaneously on regional Xbox and Bethesda channels around the globe.

Please note the YouTube.com/Xbox and YouTube.com/Bethesda streams will be in 4K at 60fps, while all other channels will be 1080p / 60fps.

Give me Forza Horizon in a Japan. Give me some initial D music as part of the trailer and we are go.

I want to see everwild and avowed.

Someone else mentioned this in another thread, but New Wolfenstein or Quake would likely be at Quakecon? No harm in teasers and "more at Quakecon" though.

Someone else mentioned this in another thread, but New Wolfenstein or Quake would likely be at Quakecon? No harm in teasers and "more at Quakecon" though.
They could keep that at Quakecon who really knows. I wouldn't mind if they did a here are games in the next 12 months and show them off and then did a and here is a look beyond and then announce some stuff or show games that need more time in the oven

Here's what I'm hoping/expecting, MS only showing 1st party titles that will be released in the next year. I really don't need to be seeing stuff that is potentially multiple years out.

That also, should mean that MS would be able to show at least some type of gameplay footage.

Hopefully, 3rd party titles would also only be titles that are releasing within the next year, but MS has less control over that and hype from anticipated titles might be more important.

Regards,
SB

I'm fine with third party titles big and small being shown if they're part of Game Pass.

My only expectations are Starfield and Forza Motorsport along with GamePass titles.

I'm fine with third party titles big and small being shown if they're part of Game Pass.

My only expectations are Starfield and Forza Motorsport along with GamePass titles.
GTA 6 ? I think that would break the internet if MS had the marketing deal for that

I think MS is going to show a couple things that are more than 12 months out like Avowed and State of Decay 3, for instance.

In spite of the Redfall fiasco, I think if MS 2023 turned out to be: Hi Fi Rush, Redfall, Minecraft Legends, Forza, Starfield and Hellblade 2, that would be a pretty good showing. Bonus points for Stalker 2.

I think MS is going to show a couple things that are more than 12 months out like Avowed and State of Decay 3, for instance.
obsidian is a great studio for story etc. they should be able to deliver here on Avowed. Hopefully they chose UE5, instead of trying to shoehorn yet another engine. We already know they are experienced with Outer Worlds, so hopefully that will carry over into Pillars Avowed

In spite of the Redfall fiasco, I think if MS 2023 turned out to be: Hi Fi Rush, Redfall, Minecraft Legends, Forza, Starfield and Hellblade 2, that would be a pretty good showing. Bonus points for Stalker 2.
State of Decay could be within the next 12 months . SOD2 was May 2018. So we are at 5 years now. It could actually be a summer or fall title although I think it would be early 2024 to stay away from starfield.

I am not sure what team is on avowed. But Obsidian released Tyranny in 2016 , POE2 in May 2018 and then Outer worlds in 2019. Tyranny and POE2 were unity and Outer worlds was unreal 4. However in 2022 they released Grounded and Pentiment. So I am not sure if those were new teams that did grounded and pentiment or new teams are on avowed ? I'd assume Outer Worlds team is on part 2. So we are at 4 years now. That could easily be 2024.

Will be interesting to see. I also agree with you that if 2023 has those titles released then it would be a great year for MS. I don't know if hellblade will be this year or next year however.

InXile's UE5 project was in development before 2020's Wasteland. They should be in a position to show something from that.

Their two games are based on a new Steampunk world and 'existing IP'. Not sure it's clear which would be first out of the gate.

InXile's UE5 project was in development before 2020's Wasteland. They should be in a position to show something from that.

Their two games are based on a new Steampunk world and 'existing IP'. Not sure it's clear which would be first out of the gate.

I'd love to see what InXile is working on, but I think that title is likely still 2-3 years out as it's the largest project that Brian Fargo has ever worked on. I may be misinterpreting an interview by him back in 2020 (or was it 2019) where in a meeting with MS he mentioned all these big ideas he had for their first game developed under MS ownership and MS basically gave him carte blanche.

As well, they'd been using Unity prior to moving to MS. It's unknown at the moment (at least for me) whether they are still using Unity or whether they might have switched to UE. If they made the switch there's going to be a bit of a learning curve for the team associated with that as well.

I would love to be surprised by them showing something though. :) Brian Fargo is one of my favorite developers.

Regards,
SB

Booty did name check InXile's game as something he was exited about back at Gamecom, citing it's interesting mechanics.

Back in 2020 they were hiring for a face animator for “visually stunning 3D facial animations” and to “deliver life-like face performances on original timeless characters.”

Also a Senior Gameplay Designer who can create “powerful, tactile first-person weapons and unique combat abilities that draw the player right into the middle of the action.”

But we'll see if they're anywhere near ready. It continues to frustrate how slow development is these days. It's not just specific to MS, but UE5+all the studio knowledge sharing+MS bucks really should be allowing things to go faster. If new tools and expert knowledge sharing can't help improve videogame production, what can?

Back