Formula 1 - 2014 Season

Do you guys have any video link of the accident? I tried to find it on YouTube, but apparently the FIA move more swiftly this time compared to the previous times.

Do you guys have any video link of the accident? I tried to find it on YouTube, but apparently the FIA move more swiftly this time compared to the previous times.
It's not FIA who police youtube for F1 videos, it's FOM who is the F1 broadcaster.

Also, no. SOrry. :)

Usually they are not this fast in taking down those videos. I wonder why....

One of my friends (who is a big F1 fan), now subscribes to Sky so he can get coverage of all of the races. I think this costs him around GBP 750.00 year, all told. He wouldn't have a Sky subscription but for the F1 coverage.

This is why they take down any unauthorised video footage as quickly as possible! :smile:

But on previous race this season, I can easily find anything notable. Like the Perez - Massa accident. Basically they seems to react faster this time. Maybe the summer break make them sharper.

But on previous race this season, I can easily find anything notable. Like the Perez - Massa accident. Basically they seems to react faster this time. Maybe the summer break make them sharper.
More likely because the interest and potential views for this incident are of a order of magnitude greater so they need to pull down quicker. FOM's interest is in protecting their paid broadcasters so they are trying to ensure traffic is driven to their sites rather than losing hits to YouTube - and likely the broadcasters a screaming at them to react with takedown notices.

Here it is also

Ugh, feel seasick after watching that video clip. ;)

As when the incident was shown during the race, it seemed to me as though Rosberg simply drove into Hamilton's car when there was no need to do so.

I'm no great afficionado of the sport but that looked pretty straightforward to me.

It seems like things keep getting worse at Mercedes, even though they are winning and have the best car, the driver drama and multiple DNF's(mainly on Hamilton's side) could very well taint what is likely to be their most successful season since Hamilton won the world champ.

If they keep screwing up then we might see Redbull(Ric) steal the drivers championship in the last race which is double points.

I'm embarrassed for you.

I wrote:
"I for one can perfectly understand what Rosberg is doing."
Your answer:
"Causing crashes by stupid driving?"

That is a petty immature suggestion unless you only read the last line in my post.

I am of the opinion that Rosberg would have avoided the collision (which would have been sensible), if he didn't have a lead over Hamilton in the championship. You don't even address this point but instead decide to decry my posting style?
So i wonder, why didn´t Hamilton back of and avoid the collision.. answer that and you have answered your own question.

I'm not any great fan of Hamilton (or F1 in general for that matter), because he's certainly immature and childish at times - pretty much like most of the other F1 drivers, in fact. The pitlane intrigue and personality clashes we always hear about seem to me like they belong in the school yard and there is a big disconnect between the high-tech machinery being driven and the petty bickering amongst the drivers.

Something which obviously has passed across to this discussion thread as Hamilton is still apparently getting blamed for Rosberg driving into him by some? Weird.

I am a big fan of Hamilton's driving, but all the things you mention about him make him (imho) a driver that isn´t 100% focused.

So i wonder, why didn´t Hamilton back of and avoid the collision.. answer that and you have answered your own question.

Because he was so far ahead? Rosberg wasn't even close to being close enough to challenge there, his position was nowhere near to a point where it would have been appropriate for him to "hold the line", if other people would drive like that, we'd see 10 crashes per lap... I'm just not sure if he went "full retard" or "evil genius" as it seemed to work so great for him.

I'm baffled as to why a driver well ahead of his teammate and with the correct racing line should have to back off to avoid a collision? That simply doesn't make sense.

At the point where the contact is made its not even clear that there is a car there from the car in front, with the visibility with these things.

I think Martin Brundle's assessment is one of the most balanced in terms of the actual maneuver:

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report...is-hamilton-spills-over-into-fireworks-at-spa

Hamilton had correctly defended the inside line and all racing drivers know that it’s a little bumpy and often dirty there but still with decent grip. It does compromise and tighten the line into the chicane however, and Rosberg was perfectly within his rights to have a run down the outside while judging Hamilton’s braking performance. We’ve seen thousands of such passes there over the decades, including later in the same race by Valtteri Bottas. However Hamilton braked late, stayed under control, and made the apex, entitling him to the normal racing line. Rosberg’s move was off, but he didn’t accept it or take rational action.

Because he was so far ahead?

Because he didn't want to back down of course, the whole point of Rosberg's attack and new found aggression was and is to show Hamilton that he won't back down easily.

The next time this happens Hamilton knows the risk and maybe he will back down instead of risking valuable points.

The next time this happens Hamilton knows the risk and maybe he will back down instead of risking valuable points.

But pretty much everyone is saying that Rosberg made a bad error which led to the crash. Do you really think that Hamilton will let himself be passed when well ahead and on the correct line in the future, just because he knows Rosberg might do something stupid again? If so, he might as well not bother to go out and race.

Surely Rosberg is the one who now knows he has to be more careful in a similar situation as it was a bad error and only sheer chance that he benefited? You don't always get what you deserve, that's for sure.

Because he didn't want to back down of course, the whole point of Rosberg's attack and new found aggression was and is to show Hamilton that he won't back down easily.

In what universe would someone ever back down when they are out in front like that and have the inside line for the next corner?

Are you kidding me?

In what universe would someone ever back down when they are out in front like that and have the inside line for the next corner?

Are you kidding me?

You can't have the inside line if someone is next to you (even if just frontwing to rearwheel) and doesn't back down.

Hamilton could have driven the corner by leaving Rosberg room to fit on the track and both would have survived with Hamilton still in the lead.

You can't have the inside line if someone is next to you (even if just frontwing to rearwheel) and doesn't back down.

Hamilton could have driven the corner by leaving Rosberg room to fit on the track and both would have survived with Hamilton still in the lead.

As great as it isn't to hear you go on and on about how you dislike Hamilton for, what, the 6th year running? I think you'll struggle to find anyone even remotely linked to the sport who thinks that it was Hamilton's fault. That includes the team they both race for, current F1 drivers and former F1 drivers. I think that at this point it is probably best that you just admit that you're incapable of having any sort of balanced opinion on anything to do with Hamilton and just stop commenting on any news related to him.

Or, to put it more simply, stop trolling this thread.

Back