Formula 1 - 2015 season

That's the thing, Rosberg could've back off but he probably would've finished in 2nd. His and Hamilton best chance on finishing first was being 1st at the first corner because the first corner is relatively long corner thus hard to fight back unless you were side by side into the corner which Hamilton denied Rosberg the opportunity of doing that by pushing him wide.

So Rosbergs tyres probably did 3-4 laps more than Hamilton's (being used hard tyres from qualifying), hardly a second worth of difference.

Rurouni, if Hamilton was second and a lot quicker as he was throughout the race, how long do you expect he would've stayed behind? 1 maybe 2 laps at the most.

Hamilton was in front and took his line. Rosberg should take note and use it on some of the slower cars he fails to overtake lap after lap race after race.

It didn't really matter though the more people defend Rosbergs ability the better it makes Hamilton look when he schools him race after race.

If Rosberg hadn't beaten Schumacher on his I'll advised return people would accept him as just an average Joe. Reasonable when his team can tell him how fast Hamilton is going round corners, not so good when they cannot.

Last edited:
Ron Denis confirmed Jenson is staying next year
"Jenson has a two-year contract. It has an option to stop. I told Jenson - probably too late - that we have no intention of exercising the option.
"I told him on Thursday, probably I should have told him on Tuesday."

With regards to Rosberg/Hamilton, I don't think fastest lap is that important, but average - from Autosport:

Rosberg initially pegged the gap at around 10 seconds during the first part of the final stint, lapping only 0.096s per lap slower on average than Hamilton from lap 33 (the Brit's first proper flier following his final stop) until lap 39. Then Hamilton turned the screw, lapping 0.643s faster than Rosberg on average over the remainder of the 53-lap race.
That's pretty sizable and Rosberg had Vettel going pretty fast behind him so you' think he'd have had the hurry up. On the flipside, I'm not sure its a foregone conclusion Hamilton would have just got past - the Merc is quite notorious for having is aero performance destroyed when behind another car and the track is not the best for overtaking.

With regards to Button, Ron Dennis has comments are actually only stating that McLaren are taking up the option on him for next year, its not a statement that he will stay. Slim distinction, but if he decides to retire then there are potential penalties on him, rather than McLaren.

Looking at the lap times of Ros vs Vet, I think he was just managing the gap and probably try to preserve the tyre and engine. It was going to be a long stint (more than 20 laps), so why you need to push harder? Also remember that the Rosberg is already on his 4th engine at Singapore. If you don't have a chance to overtake, might as well preserve the engine to fight another day.

Yes he's on his 4th engine but one of them has only done 2 sessions so let's not make a drama out of it

It's raining in Sochi. Ferrari won't let Red Bull Racing have the same engine spec as the Scuderia for next year, and Red Bull Racing doesn't accept not having the same spec so as of now, Red Bull Racing is stuck with Renault (since they have one year left on the contract, unless that bridge has been burned, bombed and boiled (which it may have been)). Also the track-cleaning vehicle sprayed diesel or something on the track when it was being "cleaned" and this race marks Fernando Alonso's 250th GP.

12144040_1012028228848102_1657716546_n.jpg

Renault already said they won't be providing engines to customers anymore. Either they buy Lotus and supply them or they drop out of the sport all together.

That leaves Honda but they too already said they can't/won't supply other teams in 2016. Besides, if RBR won't accept 2015 Ferrari engines then they sure as hell aren't going to go accept Honda engines.

Mclaren/Honda may praise themselves lucky if they got a half decent engines next year. At Suzuka in real life the Honda really does sound like a box of rocks. Besides not making a really great sound the Ferrari and especially the Merc engine do sound like they are on song. The Honda sounds like its got lepra ebola or something.

Renault already said they won't be providing engines to customers anymore. Either they buy Lotus and supply them or they drop out of the sport all together.

That leaves Honda but they too already said they can't/won't supply other teams in 2016. Besides, if RBR won't accept 2015 Ferrari engines then they sure as hell aren't going to go accept Honda engines.

Mclaren/Honda may praise themselves lucky if they got a half decent engines next year. At Suzuka in real life the Honda really does sound like a box of rocks. Besides not making a really great sound the Ferrari and especially the Merc engine do sound like they are on song. The Honda sounds like its got lepra ebola or something.
Autosport reports RBR are talking with Renault again.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121233

Rosberg cannot buy a break, poor guy. He wasn't pulling away anyway (before the safety car) so Hamilton probably would've won anyway but retiring, well the championship is over

Well that was embarrassing from Raikonnen. A rookie mistake that managed to fuck up Bottas completely. Really, really poor.

If Hamilton extends his gap over 2 points over Rosberg and 9 over Vettel after Austin, he's WDC.

In other words, if Hamilton wins Austin, he's WDC unless Vettel comes in 2nd. Rosberg needs to beat Hamilton or it's over.

Does it really matter? IMO it was clear that Hamilton would win the WDC after the first couple of races.

Anyway, Sochi was a much better race than I expected. Not that it was anything great but at least there was some stuff going on. I'm really happy for Perez. I hated seeing Bottas and Raikonnen overtaking him on the penultimate lap. Seems Raikonnen felt the same and gave Bottas a nice tap :LOL:

Btw, with Alonsos and Raikonnens penalties Max Verstappen got 10th place. Meaning this is another race where he started from the back of the grid but ended up scoring points.

To quote Senna, "When you stop going for an opening, you stop being a racing driver".
There was an opening, but Bottas closed it and at that point Kimi could't do anything anymore but hit him.
However, if you go back to Monaco, Kimi was hit in exactly same manner, and no-one got penalized.

Back