Formula 1 - 2014 Season

The claim is/was that Lewis Hamilton could have avoided the accident if he had backed down.

To reiterate, Hamilton was in front of Rosberg and had the correct line for the next corner. Pretty much everybody in the world of F1 has agreed this is the case so how (or why) could he have possibly 'backed down'?

Webber the latest F1 driver (past and present) to say he doesn't understand why Rosberg made such an error:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28967288

Of course, Button has also come out and said it was an inexplicable error by Rosberg but, as he is a Briton and former teammate, you might not take his word on the matter:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28931224

Talks were held today and the conclusion is that they are still free to race.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115620

Instead, the team's policy of allowing Rosberg and Hamilton to battle it out would remain - although further collisions would not be tolerated.

Furthermore, it emerged that Rosberg accepted blame for the crash with Hamilton, and apologised.

The team has also taken unspecified disciplinary action against the German.

To reiterate, Hamilton was in front of Rosberg and had the correct line for the next corner. Pretty much everybody in the world of F1 has agreed this is the case so how (or why) could he have possibly 'backed down'?

Webber the latest F1 driver (past and present) to say he doesn't understand why Rosberg made such an error:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28967288

Of course, Button has also come out and said it was an inexplicable error by Rosberg but, as he is a Briton and former teammate, you might not take his word on the matter:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28931224

Why? to save his race and championship chances, but of course with how Rosberg have raced so far Hamilton most likely didn't expect Rosberg to stay so close in the corner. How, that one is easy, make sure there is room for Rosberg.

Not that this is the question of course, the real question was if Rosberg drove into Hamilton on purpose.

Rosberg and Hamilton released statements, the matter is at a close until the next time something like this happens. Mercedes asked the fans for their opinions too before coming to the decision that there would not be team orders except no contact. Rosberg should have apologised to the British fans for implying they are simpletons - other than that let the racing continue.

He didn't drove into Hamilton. If you want to see what it looks like driving into someone go look up some Senna or Schumacher footage. As Rosberg mentioned, he refused to get out of the way.

As much as I dislike Rosberg because he looks like a corporate robot, as far as I'm concerned he can driver Lewser Hamilton off the track every race. That guy is such a giant crybaby.

Rosberg and Hamilton released statements, the matter is at a close until the next time something like this happens. Mercedes asked the fans for their opinions too before coming to the decision that there would not be team orders except no contact. Rosberg should have apologised to the British fans for implying they are simpletons - other than that let the racing continue.

He must have watched too much UK television where

- All girls seem to get pregnant at 14
- Everybody gets completely wasted on the streets at 15
- 16 year olds drive like monkeys
- etc

Or, maybe, he is simply stating the truth :LOL:

Anyway I didn't hear anything about him saying something like that.

He must have watched too much UK television where

- All girls seem to get pregnant at 14
- Everybody gets completely wasted on the streets at 15
- 16 year olds drive like monkeys
- etc

Or, maybe, he is simply stating the truth :LOL:

Anyway I didn't hear anything about him saying something like that.

You obviously didn't watch the post race interviews then. Rosberg said only the British fans were booing him and they should read the F1 rules regarding his antics on track.

As to the stereotypes you just mentioned regarding some elements of British society - it would be awesomely ironic if I defended the British unwashed. So I will.. Tongue of coals dude - you are full of *bull dish.

* Top Gun dubbed edition reference in case you didn't get it.

You do realize that what LH claimed NR said behind the scenes is only LH's opinion, and that the team and NR neither agree that NR said anything like it?

Forced corporate apology.. Actions speak louder than words. Seems like Lewis Hamilton can drive better than Nico Rosberg and release better statements too. On and off the track NR acted with little class and has been outdone and out PR'd by his team mate.

The spoiled little brat isn't as hungry as the former boyfriend of a pussycat doll until he pushed so hard he hit him and then he is a tough guy that risks everything and on purpose drives into the forever hungry now pleading to pit master PR guy?

You obviously didn't watch the post race interviews then. Rosberg said only the British fans were booing him and they should read the F1 rules regarding his antics on track.

And you think that is the same as calling people simpletons? talk about overreacting...

Forced corporate apology.. Actions speak louder than words. Seems like Lewis Hamilton can drive better than Nico Rosberg and release better statements too. On and off the track NR acted with little class and has been outdone and out PR'd by his team mate.

That explains why Rosberg is outqualifying Hamilton and is in front in the WDC...

Anyway lets not forget Hamilton is the driver that crashed into the back of not moving Kimi, in the pitlane, with a red light...

That explains why Rosberg is outqualifying Hamilton and is in front in the WDC...

Anyway lets not forget Hamilton is the driver that crashed into the back of not moving Kimi, in the pitlane, with a red light...

Rosberg has outqualified Hamilton because his car has failed twice in qualifying and there was also the incident in Monaco where Hamilton couldn't complete his final lap. Hmmm. Wonder why that was the case?

Rosberg is in front in the championship because Hamilton has retired on 3 occasions versus one and don't forget he's also needed to start from the pit lane twice!

If anything, with all Hamilton's bad fortune, Rosberg should be miles ahead in the championship. That he's still within reach says a lot.

As for the Hamilton/Kimi thing, that was 6 years ago! Why bring that up?

The hate is strong in this one.

there was also the incident in Monaco where Hamilton couldn't complete his final lap. Hmmm. Wonder why that was the case?

The hate is strong in this one.

Yes it's very strong, when you point your finger at someone 4 fingers are pointing back at you...

Great selective quoting, fella. Though I have to admit I don't have a clue what you mean there!

Rosberg made a mistake. Let's just leave it at that.

Regardless, he kinda insulted the British then, i felt it too. If I would have been british, i would have been insulted.

Maybe you should have watched that interview before commenting.

Right, and Rosberg/Germans obviously have no reason to feel insulted because a whole bunch of people/Brits were boo'ing Rosberg/a German who just won the race?

It's like calling someone an asshole and act all surprised when they tell you to shut up.

The insult was in the generalization he made. I think Ros was booed by non-british as well. I also think that only part of the British booed him.

It's like I'm called an asshole by a guy and then I blame every inhabitant in the city for it (and possibly for the wrong reasons - "you're all mindless fanboys of my direct competitor"). I'm exaggerating, hoping it becomes more clear that it isn't fair.

I'm also not saying that it is right that Ros was booed.

I think we need to move on from this. There is likely another opportunity to discuss Ros-Ham in the future, so save the arguments for later :)
Actually, I'm more annoyed by Ham constant request to retire the car. Everyone wants to ride that car, even if it wasn't in top condition, but he just want to stop. The reasoning to save the engine is valid, but can't the at least score a point? Is it so broken at that time that it can't beat the slowest car (I don't remember Ham position before he retired, but I'm pretty sure it was pretty low)? Right now every points counts.

Back