Formula 1 - 2013 Season

So who's going to drop out from F1? Perez? Hulk? Mal? Sutil? DiResta? Or maybe they won't mind going to the bottom teams? Assuming Magnussen is replacing Perez of course. I don't think any of those driver interested in driving for the bottom teams though.

I hope this doesn't mean Maldonado is going to Lotus instead of Hulkenberg, but I fear it might.

Yup, this might have been caused by Maldonado leaving Williams for Lotus (or some other team, hopefully ). Otherwise, why would Williams give him up, needing the money and all?

If Hulk does not get the Lotus drive i think he might be better served looking at an alternative sport for a year than crawling back to sauber where he will not be any better off than this year.

Obviously skipping F1 for a year presents potential issues, but i think it is worth the risk if he is treated better.

Lotus confirms that Heikki is one of the options for Kimi's seat in the last 2 races. He's probably the most experienced driver available who has actually driven this season, even if just friday practises

well I'll be damned, according to finnish F1 broadcasters, Heikki Kovalainen will in fact take Kimi's seat for the last 2 races

Good luck, Heikki. You've been in that team before, grab this opportunity and show them what you can do.

Helding a talk is a far cry from actually having been offered a contract...
Still I think Massa and Bottas are both good drivers. Massa has been very good after he started to drive for himself this season.

Sounds perfectly reasonable. Whoever they put in that car, performance most likely won't be great as they are not used to the car, the setup etc. So why not try and put a big name in it? Any idea how much screen time Lotus (and its sponsors) would get if they'd managed to sign Schumacher?

Makes perfect sense to me.

Most likely nothing would have happened. It's not the first time a team discovered cracks in the tub. Besides, I doubt it are real cracks that are easily visible. Probably more like hair line fractures. Obviously the tub will lose some of it's strength but not to the point that it becomes dangerous.

Back