Formula 1 - 2012 Season

The world is running out of helium and it is essential for a lot of medical equipment etc.

Read an interesting article on that, thanks Simon F. Looks like they just need to reach Uranus for plentiful supply of the gas.

I don't think so. I doubt the track side gps system is accurate enough for that. Besides with such a system you are probably introducing a lot of potential issues with timing etc. If you want perfect shift timing your probably better off with the driver just downshifting in advance and the gearbox deciding the exact right speed to shift at.

thanks Simon F. Looks like they just need to reach Uranus for plentiful supply of the gas.

It would be polite to ask first whether Simon likes to share. I don't expect it to be a problem though.

edit: Did anyone get the joke or just tough crowd? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/the-new-williams-driver/

Joe Saward says Bruno Senna will be revealed as a Williams driver tomorrow. Bruno has to step up to the plate now, he has to do more weekends like Spa last year.

If true, the "final nail on the coffin" for Sutil getting the Williams deal was the fact that he might even end up getting jailtime for some fight/unrest in a nightclub after last years chinese GP. He threw some glass at least, which resulted in Eric Lux (part-owner of Lotus) getting 24 stitches to his neck.

what lotus ? renault-lotus or team lotus ?

Lotus Renault
Eric Lux is a Luxembourgian entrepreneur and businessman. Alongside Gerard Lopez, he is a founding partner of The Genii Group. Lux is also the CEO and Director of Genii Capital,[1] an investment management and financial member of The Genii Group and owner of the Lotus Renault GP team. He is also CEO of the real estate investment group Ikodomos and real estate developer company Ikogest.

what lotus ? renault-lotus or team lotus ?

edit: for some reason I thought you were talking about senna
No more Team Lotus. That team is now known as Caterham F1 Team and the old Renault team is now known as Lotus F1 Team.

If true, the "final nail on the coffin" for Sutil getting the Williams deal was the fact that he might even end up getting jailtime for some fight/unrest in a nightclub after last years chinese GP. He threw some glass at least, which resulted in Eric Lux (part-owner of Lotus) getting 24 stitches to his neck.
I've never been a big Sutil fan. I'll give you that he did a good job in 2011, but he's never really done anything for me. Only thing I do remember is when Kimi crashed into him in Monaco when he was on for a great result, I felt for him that day.

Regarding Rubens Barrichello, if he's out at Williams, he should not go to HRT. Leave well enough alone and call it a day. Going to HRT would be like Schumacher going to Force India. Doesn't look good.

Apart that FI seems to be a solid enough operation. You could wonder why somebody with the status of Schumacher would go there but it's not something to be ashamed of. HRT otoh is something nobody should be wanted to be seen at. At the moment they got no factory, no 2012 car and I don't think they even have a crew to build/run a hypotetical 2012 car (not to mention money)

Apart that FI seems to be a solid enough operation. You could wonder why somebody with the status of Schumacher would go there but it's not something to be ashamed of. HRT otoh is something nobody should be wanted to be seen at. At the moment they got no factory, no 2012 car and I don't think they even have a crew to build/run a hypotetical 2012 car (not to mention money)
You know what I mean, though.

Good old Joe broke the story yesterday and today, Senna has been confirmed by Williams.

One seat left, HRT, but they don't have any money. They announced PdR to drive for them to get Spanish sponsors, but it looks like the money is slow coming in. Tonio Liuzzi has a contract to drive, but as Tonio well knows contracts don't mean jack.

Will Barrichello get a test-driver role? Will he want one? I think the time has come to just get out and say thanks for all the fish.

Sutil may find himself being punished so he's not a safe bet for anyone.

Alguersuari could get the HRT seat, because the new owners of HRT are going a nationalistic route. Who knows, maybe Jaime will instead focus on his music and DJ'ing.

Back