Formula 1 - 2012 Season

Wouldn't be the first time the BBC have been outbid on the broadcast rights a sport. It doesn't have infinite money, and its subscribers don't pay extra just to see sports. Presumably it'll be spending lots on the Olympics in 2012 too, because it has to. Something has to give.

Wouldn't be the first time the BBC have been outbid on the broadcast rights a sport. It doesn't have infinite money, and its subscribers don't pay extra just to see sports. Presumably it'll be spending lots on the Olympics in 2012 too, because it has to. Something has to give.
It wasn't outbid. The Beeb had the contract, but they thought it was too expensive so they sought to offset some costs.

Sky has announced their team

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96673

Sky has officially confirmed that former BBC Radio 5 commentary duo David Croft and Anthony Davidson are to join its Formula 1 coverage next year, alongside Martin Brundle.

Croft will be joined by Brundle in the commentary box for every race, with Davidson being used for each of the weekend's practice sessions. Sky's pitlane reporters will be Natalie Pinkham and Ted Kravitz, with the latter also co-presenting an F1 magazine show on Sky Sports with Georgie Thompson.

Sounds good, Crofty and Davidson are good and Kravitz is good at fishing out stories in the pitlane as the race goes on. Natalie Pinkham I don't know.

The female Sky Sports presenters tend to be glamorous dolly-bird types so I'd imagine that Natalie Pinkham will be one of these. Georgie Thompson certainly is.

The various pics on the web seem to show her filling out a bikini reasonably well. Not sure how much bearing this has on her abilities to present a show about F1, however.

Georgie Thompson seems worse than Natalie Pinkham. Whatever, she deserves a fair shot at it. She can't be worse than Davina McCall for MTV. :D

Removed Vitali Petrov as Gerard Lopez confirmed that there's still several options for Räikkönen's team mate - more than just Senna & Petrov. Heidfeld however isn't an option apparently.

If you want to relive the 2011 season
The Gaming Gods have decided you need to follow these instructions :

First get R-Factor Lite (Download: Manual not 1-Click Install) and the Original rFactor Sounds Folder
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/rfactor_lite.cfm

What is rFactor Lite?
rFactor Lite is exactly the same as the full version of rFactor 1255, except it only contains one car and one track, making the initial download less than 100mb, and the intitial install ~113mb.

Then get F1 TOTAL 2011 SP3 3.00
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=F1 TOTAL 2011 SP3

you will also need (same page as above)

F1 TOTAL 2011 SP3 - ENGLISH PATCH
Track Pack 2011 1 / 4
Track Pack 2011 2 / 4
Track Pack 2011 3 / 4
Track Pack 2011 4 / 4

Based on my experience, F1 2011 with all the arcade'isms is still more realistic than rFactor with mods.
It seems like all the modders and unofficial games etc think the less traction there is, the more realistic it is, even though F1's have grip like no other series

Thankfully rFactor has more difficulty options than you can shake a stick at so you can make it as arcade or sim like as you want
plus you cant argue with free..

Anyone attending RedBull celebrations in Milton Keynes this Saturday?
I'm going, my first chance to see running F1 car from close by :p
If I'm lucky I will borrow one for a spin!

Based on my experience, F1 2011 with all the arcade'isms is still more realistic than rFactor with mods.
It seems like all the modders and unofficial games etc think the less traction there is, the more realistic it is, even though F1's have grip like no other series

That's only true if the tires are at or near the right temperature and if you are going fast enough. Go too slow and you have no traction. Cold tires and you have no traction. Too fast and you'll go off the track.

So depending on conditions and speed, you can easily have far less traction than other vehicles in other racing series.

Regards,
SB

Agh, now you made me browse through various attempts to remake stunt car racer...

Absolutely love Grammond´s games so can´t argue with you there.

Actually Ive found the opposite to be true the oficial cars lack grip and the mods are fine

Back