Formula 1 - 2012 Season

Have to wonder, is Senna really that good so he gets those seat, or is it jsut the name?

I think he is good but nowhere near Senna though it seemed Ayrton Senna himself had high hopes for him. Thought it could be more of just flattery and nothing more...though I find Ayrton's personality would make it impossible for him to flatter anyone. He is a bit of a dick after all.

Have to wonder, is Senna really that good so he gets those seat, or is it jsut the name?
Well, he isn't close to his uncle, but he deserves a proper shot. I think he can stand up well against Maldonado.

Regarding Rubens, he could go to the US and drive IndyCar or even NASCAR, but should he?

Last edited by a moderator:
The theory is that some teams have proposed a system to the FIA where they emphasized the ride height as the reason for the development and not braking stability, in an effort to get the FIA to just ban it so that they don't have to spend money on developing it or maybe they tried and couldn't get it to work.

It is still silly, it isn't really a movable aerodynamic devise. Banning it is about as silly as banning the Renault mass damper.

It sort of is a movable aerodynamic devise.
but since underfloor downforce doesnt increase drag I dont see the point of higher-ing the car

It sort of is a movable aerodynamic devise.
but since underfloor downforce doesnt increase drag I dont see the point of higher-ing the car
So is the suspension, but you can't ban that. This is a little thing that goes on the front suspension firming it up when braking.

I was looking forward to see how this system would cope with bumpy braking zones where firm suspension is not that good. Now it's back to normal, or is it?
That hint from BBC that Ferrari and Lotus aren't too concerned by new FIA ruling is a bit strange. Did they know from beginning this system isn't giving much in lap-time and therefore openly 'showed' it well in advance to throw opponents off the track or maybe they have new idea how to make it legal again?

Yet they've shown it green light 2 times already before :devilish:
FIA is trying to promote saving money and whatnot, and then when a team collaborates with them through whole developent cycle and it's never pointed out by FIA that this even could be illegal, and is said to be legal twice, gets banned, I don't even want to guess how many millions got wasted again
I think this is just the FIA trying to stop something they fear will be an expensive arms race, as what happened with the engine mapping dealie last year. Nip it in the bud so to speak.

Lotus can still run it, get thrown out of the first GP, then appeal and go through the whole legal dance.

I wonder if they used a real F1 chassis for that or just made it look like one. It looks a bit off for some reason and the front suspension is already different than on a F1 car (though that might make sense given that its road legel). Also notice how there arn't any Ferrari badges on the car.

The Ferrari badge would be under the numberplate
on the f1 car from the front view only 1 ferrari badge is visible right at the front of the nose

All the Ferrari F1 cars have a logo on the side as well. On the BBC video there is only a Shell logo on the place where you normally have the Ferrari badge.

Ferrari_612_Scaglietti_10792.jpg

Kimi's new helmet. Personally I like the matte design
kimihelmet.jpg

kimihelmet2.jpg

Also, the new Lotus (Renault) has passed FIA crash tests, and will be officially revealed February 6th

How good is Bruno Senna?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2012/01/how_good_is_bruno_senna.html

I think I agree with this. Look at Massa, he used to be fast but erratic. After calming down at Ferrari he's won some fantastic races and almost got the WDC in 2008. Look at Sutil, he used to crash into anything and everything and last year he did really well.

You can't make consistent but slow driver fast, but you can make a fast inconsistent driver consistent. I think Bruno deserves a proper shot, he's got one now and he needs to grab it with both hands and shake that Williams hard.

Oh for crying out loud.
Montezemolo warned that at least Ferrari will be ugly referring to the new nose, but if Caterham gives any idea on how the others will look, I never imagined it could be this ugly, this trumps even last seasons McLaren as the uglies car since we got rid of the extra wings and winglets everywhere

yTSx0.jpg

Ah, the platypus nose. Very ugly. Remember wings and winglets are 2011 spec on that shot.

Edit: or is it crocodile nose? lol

credits to scarbsf1

Last edited by a moderator:
Back