First Killzone screenshot/details? So says USAToday..

There seems to be an interesting filtering effect on the players weapon. It has a grainy look it it very similar to the original CG shots.

Looks like there is a good amount of AA going on too.

They seem to be using a noise filter..I only noticed looking at the gun, but they used filters in the first KZ for effect also. The original trailer had a heavy noise filter.

Reescaled... FOR SURE.

Doesn't look to be rescaled. You have to remember the original was a small ss and resacaling it to 720p would produce a far blurrier image even with sharpening and artefacts (photoshop/photofiltre).

Take a look at the same image (720p) but I have made some parts brigther to show of the detail, and it looks good might I say!

720p shot but certain parts brighter like weapon <-- link

Imagehack, same image but in 1280x720 since Photobucket resizes down to 1024x768 <-- link

Last edited by a moderator:
They seem to be using a noise filter..I only noticed looking at the gun, but they used filters in the first KZ for effect also. The original trailer had a heavy noise filter.

I have been wondering about noisy textures (like dithering) of CGI.
Doesn't look good to me but maybe can help to get away with low-res textures.

The model looks low-poly. They should have gone with space-marine/Halo style suits :)
Let's see how many characters they can put on screen with that detail.

Lighting looks very good (even the shadow map resolution), but
anybody thinks it has HDR lighting?
It certainly isn't obvious to me.

Is it me or does it look like the helghast is actually a reflection in a mirror?

:oops:

I don't know..the guns look a little different?

The Helghast model looks detailed to me, there's plenty of stuff attached to his uniform etc. A bulky armour suit would only abstract from that kind of complexity, not show it off.

edit - and as per the new E3 rules, guys, be very careful about name-checking games in your comparisons. Generalise if you can.

I didn't see it at first, but as someone pointed out on Eurogamer, it's not a shadow! :oops:

Seems like a demo of the destructable environment after all. The shape of the edges of the 'shadow' make more sense now. You can see the lighting model catch just a hint of the wall of the exposed room in the back, and you can see different textures and detail of the room behind, with rubble to the right.

The choice of this shot makes more sense now. Clever!

EDIT: or hmm, maybe not. Some of the spots on the wall continue in the shadow, so I guess it's just a shadow that doesn't kill off all the detail.

for me looks bad, really bad, i hope we'll see something impressive at E3 beacause if not... the game is already death.

Back