E3 Predictions 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
Indeed, it's bonkers. What exactly has Nintendo got to show?
They're going to build an actual sized Mario Kart track and let people race around it while Nintendo employees throw things on the track and try to get people to crash into each other. Mario Kartnage :nope:

I always hope that Sony will announce a new Syphon Filter game, but every year my soul is crushed and hope of reviving my child hood with syphon filter with headshoting enemies in a new game is gone.

Indeed, it's bonkers. What exactly has Nintendo got to show?

People were of the same opinion last year, and then Nintendo went on to compete for the best showing at E3. Assuming we know everything they have to show is typically the biggest mistake, and they will likely show up with a couple big announcements that no one was expecting. Who knows, perhaps it will be a terrible showing for Nintendo this year, but if they really had nothing to show, wouldn't they at least briefly show some goods on NX or their Quality of Life platform? E3 should be fun to watch this year.

People were of the same opinion last year, and then Nintendo went on to compete for the best showing at E3.
Wasn't that due to their presentation? I don't remember what was shown on floor. google says Sony and Nintendo both had three game booths last year. I can question Sony's booth size because they don't have much of a first party showing this year by accounts, but I'm guessing a big VR presence. Has Nintendo got enough upcoming games to warrant a significant amount of floor space? Does anyone even cover what the content is on show?

Wasn't that due to their presentation? I don't remember what was shown on floor. google says Sony and Nintendo both had three game booths last year. I can question Sony's booth size because they don't have much of a first party showing this year by accounts, but I'm guessing a big VR presence. Has Nintendo got enough upcoming games to warrant a significant amount of floor space? Does anyone even cover what the content is on show?
Sony still have a lot of stuff coming up between now and first half of 2016: Uncharted 4, R&C, Until Dawn, SF5, No Man's Sky, GoW3 and maybe Uncharted remastered, TLG, maybe GT7 for 2016...

I'm not sure if that means a lot of them would be playable now, or if it's too early.

Last edited:

Perhaps that is somewhat true, last year they had the Smash Bros competition going on, and then games like Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade X and Splatoon were getting quite a bit of attention on the show floor. There were also a few surprises such as Devils Third, and the announcement that Star Fox was in development. This year they were bringing back the Nintendo World Championship, and I think that will make fore a lot of fun at the show. I'm expecting a few surprises, but time will tell.

Rare will be back.
71aAnWC.jpg

And Marty O'Donnell too! Hype.
sGpgukW.jpg

Can you imagine a new exclusive game featuring the music of Marty O'Donnell?

Rare is not the same Rare you remember. A lot of people, some very important too, have long gone somewhere else.
A few yes, but not a lot, that's what I got from a Eurogamer article on the subject some time ago. This is Rare's E3, this has to be their year and shine above everything else. It is my hope for them to be what they once were, probably the most important test of Rare in the last 10 years this E3 is.

So, what do you expect from this E3? I expect some classic games returning, Rare will be back and lots of exclusives, which help to give personality to a console.

Phil Spencer doesn't want to mislead people and he showed. Additionally, xbox.com mentioned in the news that this is going to be the best E3 for Xbox ever, so if you tie up loose ends, they are probably telling the truth.

Nice set of predictions, though I doubt it's true. No mention of Morpheus?

Also, shouldn't we be getting Titanfall 2 this year?

(please let the del Toro one be true)

Outrun by Capcom instead of Sega?
Surprise announcement by Valve? HL3?
Resi 7 with Sci Fi setting?
Kinect with projector build in? Illumniroom???
Guilermo Del Toro in a Sony reveal?
Is Last Of Us: Nomads? a sequel?
Big XBOX1 and Marvel announcement?
No Uncharted 4?

Is not every year is the best E3 ever?
PR has to describe them as such. No-one's going to announce that their E3 is "going to be pretty mediocre and uninspired this year".

"Yeah, we're turning up. Gonna show some games. Not a great lot of new stuff, and to be honest a lot of the future stuff we're going to show isn't going to be available for a couple of years yet. We've our new peripheral no-one's particularly interested in that'll be on the show floor being quietly overlooked. New hardware announcements are nil. Oh, we've got a couple of new media services who've made apps for our console that they'll announce as if it's a big thing - like mobile and PC hasn't had them for years. Sales figures? We'll keep figures to a minimum and just use generalised remarks about great sales and how well out platform is doing. Maybe our PR guys will come up with some highly positive generational comparisons? For the press conference, we're undecided as to whether to go 'scary hyperactive enthusiasm' and freak everyone out, or 'dull suits' and bore everyone witless. Both are well established classics. I guess the real, megaton excitement, keep a look out for all the games and content you were hoping and expecting to hear about not show as we silently move them back another year!"

B3D Jaded Cynic of the Year front-runner?

Last edited:
Back